The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

AIG One Click Installer, STB support on its way

It may still be in Beta, but I'm very impressed with that this tool from the Alpha India Group already delivers.  At last I feel like I've got my World of AI back as I had in FS2004, but this time for Prepar3D with Prepar3D Models, often 2048x2048 repaints and all free of charge.  Using the One Click Installer, it's largely been a pain free process to download and install any airline.

I think this will really go places and it deserves to, so I will add logo and configuration content for all the airlines supported by OCI.  That said, it's no small task as the coverage is very wide indeed so it will remain a work in progress for quite a while.  Watch this space!

Simon

And it's already heped me find a "bug" in STB.  Some aircraft titles are longer than 32 characters, but I was only getting up to 32 from the simulator so there would be duplication in the flight list.  Fixed now, I support up to 64 characters.

Simon

On 2/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, flying-w said:

It may still be in Beta, but I'm very impressed with that this tool from the Alpha India Group already delivers.  At last I feel like I've got my World of AI back as I had in FS2004, but this time for Prepar3D with Prepar3D Models, often 2048x2048 repaints and all free of charge.  Using the One Click Installer, it's largely been a pain free process to download and install any airline.

I think this will really go places and it deserves to, so I will add logo and configuration content for all the airlines supported by OCI.  That said, it's no small task as the coverage is very wide indeed so it will remain a work in progress for quite a while.  Watch this space!

Simon

This past weekend I decided to try the OCI, and am very glad I did. I went ahead and dropped all the UTL Airline traffic to 0% (GA @ 50%). Even with 100 % (Airline and GA) AIG I can maintain 20 FPS even at KJFK (6AM) - PMDG748. It took several hours to install all airlines AI/flight plan packages, but totally worth it. The skies are very full once again and the AI behaves better on the ground. No more spontaneous spawning of AI while pushing back. The magnificent traffic management features of STB and Radar Contact 4.3, make for a busy but flowing environment.

In doing this I re-ran the STB configuration wizard and so far no problems I could see. As a matter of fact I'm currently shadowing an AI flight (window view😁) from KMSP to KATL. While I was doing this I thought 'I wonder how Simon is doing?', so here I am.

How are you Simon? And thank you so much for the most awesome STB!😊 

10 hours ago, pracines said:

In doing this I re-ran the STB configuration wizard and so far no problems I could see. As a matter of fact I'm currently shadowing an AI flight (window view😁) from KMSP to KATL. While I was doing this I thought 'I wonder how Simon is doing?', so here I am.

How are you Simon? And thank you so much for the most awesome STB!😊 

AIG is stellar, I'm glad I took the trouble to download the OCI and it's all so effortless (time consuming yes, but it was like that with WOAI to) and there's just nothing hard about it.

The content is coming along.  I've about 30 airlines left requiring IATA codes (down from around 200 at the start), plus a bunch more logos.  This may come in two waves, as some logos we can make do with for the time being until they all get upgraded.

PS.  A lot better now - thanks for asking.  Personally the last 4 months have been a difficult journey, as where the last 4 years before that (professionally speaking).

Simon

• Like 1