The simFlight Network Forums

Custom (REAL) Traffic #17 -- EGKK (London Gatwick) v1.0 -- Winter 2019

ATControl  -- Joe

What's up everyone, 

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules. 

You can find me at ATControl --- YouTube Home playing this game

***I create QUALITY schedules -- not QUANTITIES of schedules***

--- If you are using this in your games/videos/posts -- please make reference to ME as the owner (direct link to my YT channel)

EGKK -- London-Gatwick International Airport

Gatwick1.png.7bbf8d9338ec48a7e75475f55b6bc24a.png

*******SEE THIS SCHEDULE IN MOTION*******  (click links)

1.  London-Gatwick (EGKK) -- First Look

2.  London-Gatwick (EGKK) -- Night Ops

====================================================

((CURRENT GAME SCHEDULE -- 2/26/2019))

DROPBOX -- London-Gatwick (EGKK) v1.0 -- Winter 2019

What to expect with EGKK v1.0 - Winter 2019:

****This schedule was carefully developed to give you the best chance to move traffic -- adequate spacing for a departure push before the next arrival -- make the most of the space!***

---- I spent more quality time developing this schedule than any other schedule I have made ---

-- 723 commercial flights  === This may not seem like a lot of flights for one day -- in a compact space with 1 runway -- it's A LOT of traffic
     --- Schedule averages ~40+ flights per hour, up to 47 at peak mid-morning volume
     --- Power hour schedules for easy plug and play  -- View the Volume Chart image to pick the hour that is right for you
     --- No GA and cargo this go around -- sorry, just not that type of airport

--- This airport will TEST you -- expedite departures, shoot gaps and keep planes moving    

-- Terminal file up to date with current 2019 airline locations

HAPPY CONTROLLING!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toni said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but how can I download the DROPBOX -- London-Gatwick (EGKK) v1.0 -- Winter 2019 files...?

Click on the link you just posted. After the new page opens, click on the "Download" button in the upper right corner of the page. No need to sign in if you are downloading direct to your PC.

Andrew

7 minutes ago, Toni said:

I tried that but nothing happens when I click the download button.....

click ''download' and two options will show

click 'direct download' and a pop-up window may show (note - if you have popups blocked you may need to change your browser settings)

at the bottom of the popup, again if it appears, that wants you to create an account look at the bottom for the 'no i don't want an account and just download the file' option (or some wording close to that)

after a slight wait the download will start ... check the default location you have your browser set to place downloaded files.

52 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Excellent.  I spent many hours trying to get every power hour as playable as possible w/ the limitations of the game.   

Glad to see that you have worked out a practical way to do that.  If you are looking for a challenge, perhaps you could try something similar with KSFO?  That airport has the biggest spacing problem of any available.

Andrew

Hello
first of all thanks for the work on the flight plan.
But I have some problems with that, many approaches and departures are confused or far behind.
I mean, that the flights between 11 o'clock and 20 o'clock with most lines only from 20 o'clock come, scarcely is that one 
plane arrived the same already going on, and the next one is already in the approach then again immediately must go ,

There's a mess in the file ...
This concerns the following airlines RYR, ESY, ESZ, TAP, THY, NRS, BAW and and and

What went wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

i am still very noob with this game, got gatwick, real traffic and real colors for gatwick (and a couple more vanilla airports), but unsure where to drop the file in the game folder. anyone can point me out the right path? using tower 3d pro steam version.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, Fudoido said:

anyone can point me out the right path? using tower 3d pro steam version.

[Your Steam directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam] \steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\EGKK\

I would make a backup copy of the original files (to restore them if needed) and then overwrite the files in the EGKK folder with the four *.txt files from the download.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, scoobflight said:

You need to purchase Real Color from feelThere.com.

Thanks. I've found the airport but haven't managed to find the real colours are you able to link me directly mate? I didn't make it clear I meant for Gatwick Airport.

Edited by Teek2019

• 1 year later...

Hi Joe, 

I have been enjoying your EGKK Winter 2019 schedule - nice job.  I have noticed that Norwegian arrivals ‘NRS 7044’ and ‘NRS7172’ and departure ‘NRS7151’ are specified as aircraft ‘332’ but should these be ‘789’?  

All the best

Andy