The simFlight Network Forums

EGKK - London Gatwick Real Traffic Custom Schedule - Winter 2019

battlehawk77

73295-640x360-london-skyline-ns.jpg.240338ba70a0939d1c39b13949f1ef80.jpg

Watcha, mate!

It is my pleasure to introduce my third offering for week schedules - EGKK - London Gatwick!

Like Barcelona and Orlando, you get to experience a typical week in southern England, taken, as always, from actual traffic data. You will be seeing what the actual controllers saw.

Gatwick is a hub for several airlines, including EasyJet, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, and Norwegian Air Shuttle, and is Britain's second-busiest airport behind Heathrow. Given that, this place will keep any decent controller on his or her toes. That said, there is very little GA or cargo traffic.

1785431372_EGKKtrafficchart.png.36507d3447a124ccd7abc9125ce47670.png

As always, every effort has been made to use existing Real Color aircraft and liveries. There are only a couple of aircraft that will show up as white: a one-off BA CityFlyer E170 and a few Freebird Airlines charters.

Like with Barcelona and Orlando, you will find, within the main EGKK-battlehawk77 folder, a folder for each day of the week, along with snippet file folders within each day to allow you a smoother and more robust traffic feel.

Also included is a listing of the GA operators, graphic and text files of the traffic levels for each day, and a file within each day folder of the hourly traffic breakdown.

It is recommended to place the EGKK-battlehawk77 folder in your main EGKK folder, then copy and paste the files needed (after you back up the originals, of course).

If you have any questions, comments, or notice any bugs, please feel free to message me here or on Discord.

Cheers!

Gavin (battlehawk77)

EGKK-battlehawk77-v1.21.zip

Edited by battlehawk77
Corrected duplicate flight numbers across multiple days, along with a GA callsign and a couple of airline callsigns.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi,..

Hope it's ok to ask here but I'm new to all this having just purchased Tower 3D Pro the other day and was pointed in this direction for schedules. Will there be a Summer Schedule for EGKK - Gatwick at all??

Thanks.

@Pringle, I was going to do one but with the bugs in place in the base game; the likelihood of it being successful was and still is extremely slim so I decided not to bother. I haven't even bothered purchasing EGKK or other DLC releases since.

There are a lot of community members who are awaiting the next version of the Tower series due to these base game bugs. You will find many posts about these bugs; if not soon discover them yourself.

1 hour ago, Pringle said:

Hi,..

Hope it's ok to ask here but I'm new to all this having just purchased Tower 3D Pro the other day and was pointed in this direction for schedules. Will there be a Summer Schedule for EGKK - Gatwick at all??

Thanks.

I'm sure battlehawk will release a new schedule at some point, but us schedule makers do this in our spare time so are not updated on a weekly or even monthly basis. However I'm pretty sure there will be little difference between a spring and summer schedule anyway. I would try this for a start and see how it goes 🙂

10 hours ago, hexzed said:

I'm sure battlehawk will release a new schedule at some point, but us schedule makers do this in our spare time so are not updated on a weekly or even monthly basis. However I'm pretty sure there will be little difference between a spring and summer schedule anyway. I would try this for a start and see how it goes 🙂

Hi,..

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm aware that people make these Mods in their spare time and I'm very grateful to those people who make Mods for any game to help give us a more realistic experience. 

I have since downloaded the Winter schedule for EGKK from battlehawk and I'm enjoying the experience but was just simply wondering if there was a Summer schedule in the works for EGKK. 

11 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

@Pringle, I was going to do one but with the bugs in place in the base game; the likelihood of it being successful was and still is extremely slim so I decided not to bother. I haven't even bothered purchasing EGKK or other DLC releases since.

There are a lot of community members who are awaiting the next version of the Tower series due to these base game bugs. You will find many posts about these bugs; if not soon discover them yourself.

Hi,..

I did hear about a new version of Tower 3D but was told on the Steam forum not to expect anything before 2020 by a member and that the developer hasn't officially put out a Wish List for things to be implemented. Can anyone confirm that?

This is why I made the purchase in the Steam Sale with 50% off so not bad. Plus the Real Colours and Real Traffic on Sale too on Feelthere so despite the bugs I thought why not. It does have some bugs and shortcomings but to me, it's the best ATC I've ever played and I'm having a good time with it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great scheduled mate but was just wondering at the start of the game there's many different planes at the stands ie, 777's, 787's but all that arrives is from 16:00-21:00 is 320's,319's & 737's and 1 787 & 1 a380 is this normal for this airport to not have many heavy's ?

image.thumb.png.9394ca12cae8df2162bcf1b5cde429dd.png

16 hours ago, rick_valentine said:

Great scheduled mate but was just wondering at the start of the game there's many different planes at the stands ie, 777's, 787's but all that arrives is from 16:00-21:00 is 320's,319's & 737's and 1 787 & 1 a380 is this normal for this airport to not have many heavy's ?

Rick,

You don't say what time your schedule starts showing the heavies but I suspect its earlier in the day.

Gatwick heavy traffic is (or was) pretty much for the popular western destination traffic (USA, Canada, the Caribbean islands etc) and their traffic patterns are predominately early to mid morning arrivals with a similar pattern for out-bounds, hence there is very little traffic later in the day (this is the pattern your will see for the Virgin, BA, TUI and Norwegian etc heavies in the schedule). There is very little heavy East bound traffic apart from Emirates 3 times daily and the occasional African continent flight, hence the lower later time traffic flow. No Cargo traffic either to speak of.

Gatwick is predominately for European short haul flights so will be the little "bird" most of the day.

The sad thing is that @battlehawk77schedule is probably going to be the busiest it ever was with heavies now with VIrgin and BA likely to pull out of Gatwick for long hauls (moving most back to Heathrow) and Norwegian in financial trouble. ☹️

• 6 months later...

@battlehawk77 I have re-installed Tower 3D pro having not used it for absolutely ages and installed the Real Traffic and Liveries packs for EGKK so I can have another go at this schedule.

I had tried this before and had a blast, but now I can't seem to get it running like it used to. I used to send A320's on A if I could, so the second one of the morning, an EZY A320 I got to hold at A, I cleared it for takeoff but told me the runway was too short for it to takeoff, must be extremely overloaded! I deleted it and got the BA A320 behind to takeoff via A instead.

After that I had a TUI 787 which I got to hold at Mike as I thought it might want to hold right at the far end of 26L. I cleared that for takeoff but it told me the runway was too short. It's sat right at the start of 26L, I'm not sure how much more runway it wants!

I tried again but all it would come back with is negative, so was stuck at 26L unable to move for some reason.

I didn't have this before, has EGKK been updated recently that I'm unaware of and the runway length data has shortened? Mind this was about 2019 since I last played Tower 3D (and uninstalled as was getting a new PC that I'm on now)

any help appreciated!

James.

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

@james143611 A custom schedule has nothing to do with what runways a plane can or cannot takeoff from. Departure length for airplanes is controlled by the game engine and Real Traffic.

You can check to see if you have the current version of RT and/or EGKK by verifying against the current versions sheet. 

@battlehawk77 absolutely, my apologies for not writing the post better, I was in no way suggesting the schedules were broken, I know they only have types and routes, but I was wondering if the core sim or the airport EGKK version had some bad data and if anyone else had the same problem.

I would have used EGKK before the update SP1 in the post in the link, however I should have the latest version of everything as I only just installed Tower 3D today, EGKK automatically supplied as I got it on Steam, lost my download links for the Real Traffic and Real Colour so I purchased and installed those today as well. 

Not sure whats causing the issue 🤔