The simFlight Network Forums
Powderpuff

STB & Prepar3d 4.4 & UTLIVE & TrafficAircraft.bgl

People who are having the problem of too many maules and pipers in their stb, while using utlive. There is a reason for it and it can be solved quickly.

One of my hd's broke down so i had to do a install from scratch. I have found out that Prepar3d the program itself, puts the file TrafficAircraft.bgl

in the prepar3d\scenery\world\scenery dir.  Users using utlive don't won't all that many maules and pipers showing up in stb 🙂  In the options menu of prepar3d, the

aircraft setting is set to 0 (slide the marker all the way to the left). Because utlive doesn't uses *.bgl files and if stb is configurated to utlive, the file TrafficAircraft.bgl is obsolete.

So, what you do is simply rename the *.bgl file to *.bak or delete it. Afterwards do not forget do a recompile by stb. So voila, that's all to it. Blame it on prepard3!!

A time ago i had a discussion about that issue with Simon. He found that damned *.bgl file, but we didn't knew at that time how the file got there. Okay, i found it out. So i

thought, let's share it with you guys 🙂

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this one.  It may be the case that UTLive disables the Prepar3D traffic BGL file during installation as other AI packages do, but of course it will reappear after a Prepar3D re-installation.

One of the changes I'm working on right now is the ability to click a flight on the board, and STB will tell you which BGL file it thinks that flight came from.  I expect that to be another useful tool for tracking down "undesirable flights".

Thanks
Simon

43 minutes ago, flying-w said:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this one.  It may be the case that UTLive disables the Prepar3D traffic BGL file during installation as other AI packages do, but of course it will reappear after a Prepar3D re-installation.

One of the changes I'm working on right now is the ability to click a flight on the board, and STB will tell you which BGL file it thinks that flight came from.  I expect that to be another useful tool for tracking down "undesirable flights".

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

That will be a good one! As always you are busy to make the best of out STB.

Cheers, Johan