The simFlight Network Forums

Hi! After a re installation off my PMDG B747-8 I find that all my FSUIPC-programmed buttons are gone. Do I need to re program all buttons or is there some smart solution to recover my settings? All my settings remain in the FSUIPC5.ini (see added files).

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.log

Edited by John Dowson
Seems to have been deleted/corrupted so have restored.

I see lots of buttons on your throttle unit assigned to keypresses in the B747-8 profile, and the log shows that these are detected and sent on to the sim, so they will be picked up by the aircraft if that is programmed to do so.

Not sure why you are using keypresses, but don't they all need assigning to functions in the PMDG aircraft? Most folks use the custom controls supplied by PMDG for these things.

When you re-installed your PMDG 747 did you take care to preserve or re-do any of its assignments?

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I see lots of buttons on your throttle unit assigned to keypresses in the B747-8 profile, and the log shows that these are detected and sent on to the sim, so they will be picked up by the aircraft if that is programmed to do so.

Not sure why you are using keypresses, but don't they all need assigning to functions in the PMDG aircraft? Most folks use the custom controls supplied by PMDG for these things.

When you re-installed your PMDG 747 did you take care to preserve or re-do any of its assignments?

Pete

Hi, Pete! PMDG 748 has pre-programmed key´s and I can use them on my throttle and flight stick thank´s to FSUIPC. I don´t like to use keyboard or mouse click in my cockpit. FSUIPC solved that problem for me. During my re-installation all my pre-programmed keys in B748 CDU was gone and because of that FSUIPS got wrong inputs from my B748. Problem solved. Thank´s for your help! I have learn to use Macro and now I can control everything in my VRS F/A-18E.