The simFlight Network Forums

Previous versions ?

*** Moved to main support forum ***

Hi All.

Due to numerous problems, I revert from Prepar3d 4.4 to Prepar3d 4.0.
However, the FSUIPC Module 5.15 is not compatible with Prepar3d 4.0.

Is there any place I can find an "historic" version working with p3d 4.0 ?

Thanks

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

4 hours ago, Philippe27 said:

Due to numerous problems, I revert from Prepar3d 4.4 to Prepar3d 4.0.

Why all the way back to 4.0? 

4.4 is performing very well for most folks -- have you sought support on L-M's forum? Anyway, even if not for you, surely 4.3 would be a better choice? There's been so many improvements since 4.0. And 4.5 must surely be expected soon. How is P3D going to continue to get better is users retreat?

At the minimum you should be on 4.1 surely?

4 hours ago, Philippe27 said:

Is there any place I can find an "historic" version working with p3d 4.0 ?

I might find one somewhere in my backups, but if you revert you don't get any support. There's no way old versions can be supported. I ask you to think again.

Pete

22 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Why all the way back to 4.0? 

4.4 is performing very well for most folks -- have you sought support on L-M's forum? Anyway, even if not for you, surely 4.3 would be a better choice? There's been so many improvements since 4.0. And 4.5 must surely be expected soon. How is P3D going to continue to get better is users retreat?

At the minimum you should be on 4.1 surely?

Hi Pete

Unfortunately some blurry problem appeared from version 4.1
I'm stuck with this problem for a while now and I've been testing probably a hundred trick to get it solved. But I haven't been successfull.

The only solution I have right now to be able to fly, is to revert to 4.0

Regards

1 hour ago, Philippe27 said:

Unfortunately some blurry problem appeared from version 4.1

Blurries are normally a sign that your fiber time fraction parameters is set too low. You should increase it, or try using the Dynamic FFTF utility which I have found very useful. It can reduce the fraction to increase FPS when necessary and increase it when performance is good. You can set it by FPS thresholds or by altitude.

I don't think there's been any change in "blurriness" problems in any versions of P3D so far. The main wish for many is better sharness for photo-real screneries, and i think that's being attended to in any case.

Many are expecting 4.5 to be released withing weeks if not days. hy not wait and try that? Don't forget, when updating P3D or your video drivers, to delete your shaders so they can be properly rebuilt.

Pete