The simFlight Network Forums

Not finding aircraft

Not an insurmountable issue, but frustrating.  I am using separate profiles for each class of aircraft (ASEL, AMEL, ASEL Complex), etc.  

I have noticed that recently FSUIPC is not recognizing some of the aircraft when I load them.  If I open FSUIPC and check the box for the appropriate tab then the correct profile displays at the top of the dialog.

I'm not sure what has changed.  I have tried reinstalling 4.974 by itself and also4.974b.  As I said, it's not insurmountable, but I didn't experience this in the past.

Thanks,

Ernie

9 hours ago, airernie said:

I have noticed that recently FSUIPC is not recognizing some of the aircraft when I load them. 

Sorry, I think you need to explain further. Do you mean that it isn't even logging the aircraft name? Or only that it is not selecting the Profiles you think you chose for them?

If I open FSUIPC and check the box for the appropriate tab then the correct profile displays at the top of the dialog.

So it IS recognizing the aircraft AND selecting the correct profile? That seems to contradict your first statement.

So, please, precisely what DO you really mean?

I'm not sure what has changed.

Well, certainly nothing in FSUIPC4 has chasnged for a long time. In fact 4.974 is still the same 4.974 it has always been.

If you can describe exactly what you think is wrong, what has changed, then perhaps I can help solve it.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I wanted to make sure the issue was repeating.  

I have tried starting with both the default C172SP and the FeelThere e-Jets 175 and the issue occurs in both cases.

When I start the aircraft, FSUIPC recognizes the profile for the Axis, but not the buttons. If I then check the profile specific checkbox, then the buttons work fine.

I have uploaded several files which may help or only serve to confuse.  The two jpgs show the state of the title bar when I initially open FSUIPC.

Thank you..

FeelThere_eJet.ini

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

fsuipc-axis.JPG

fsuipc-button.JPG

48 minutes ago, airernie said:

When I start the aircraft, FSUIPC recognizes the profile for the Axis, but not the buttons. If I then check the profile specific checkbox, then the buttons work fine.

You appear to misunderstand. Buttons and Keys are treated differently to Axes.   You can have "generic" buttons and keypresses which apply to all, AND profile spcific ones which apply only to those aircraft. If a button or key occurs in both the specific one applies.

This gives the most flexible arrangment, as there are many aircraft functions which will apply to almost all aircraft.

Axes cannot be treated this way. You may have a yokeassigned for some aircraft (boeing airliners and many GA aircraft) but a stick for others (Airbus and fighter aircraft). If both were being scanned for aircraft there would be conflcts. So you either have profile specific or generic assignments for each aircraft.

On the buttons and keys assignment tabs you can check nd uncheck the Profile Specific checkbox to swap back and forth between the two sets. You can't do that with Axes for the above reason.

As it is, in any case you do not have any Profile Specfic buttons defined, only a few default ones:

[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10
1=RA,1,C65886,0     -{TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_DEC}-
2=RA,0,C65885,0     -{TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_INC}-
4=RE,19,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-
5=PE,15,CL1:R,0     -{Lua DynamicFriction}-
6=RE,20,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-
7=UE,20,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-

These will apply UNLESS overridden by profile specific assignments, which you don't have.

Pete

Hi Pete.

Thanks for the reply.  I admit that I am now more confused, because at the top of the Feelthere_ejet.ini file are the following definitions:

[Profile]
Created=12/02/2016 16:51:28
[Buttons]
1=RE,21,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-
2=PB,5,C66852,0     -{VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_2}-
3=UB,5,C66654,0     -{VIEW_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_FORWARD}-
4=PB,4,C66853,0     -{VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_3}-
5=UB,4,C66654,0     -{VIEW_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_FORWARD}-
6=PB,3,C66854,0     -{VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_4}-
7=UB,3,C66654,0     -{VIEW_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_FORWARD}-
8=PB,0,C65752,0     -{PARKING_BRAKES}-
9=UB,0,C65752,0     -{PARKING_BRAKES}-
10=RE,20,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-
11=UE,20,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-

Perhaps I misunderstand and it requires specifically opening FSUPC and ticking the profile specific checkbox to access them, unlike the Axes which are automatically selected based on the aircraft.

Ernie

13 hours ago, airernie said:

Thanks for the reply.  I admit that I am now more confused, because at the top of the Feelthere_ejet.ini file are the following definitions:

Ah! Apologies. I hadn't deduced from your inclusion of the Feelther INI that you were attempting to use the separate Profile files facility. However the parameter in the FSUIPC4.INI file is:

UseProfiles=Yes

You need UseProfiles=Files to make use of separate Profile files in the subfolder.

Pete