Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Recommended Posts

Hi! Soon I will reach the macro limit at 127. I have, afterwards, try to put all macros made for a special A/C in there own map but when I move macros from "Modules" map to a specific created A/C map my e.g. A319 can not see any macros. How can I create space for more macros when I reach the 127 limit?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oscar Speer said:

Soon I will reach the macro limit at 127

It looks like that is because, inexplicably, you've made a separate file for each individual macro control. The idea is to make all the macros for one aircraft, or rrather one cockpit type, in sequence so they all go nto one file. That's why there's a separate "Start" and "End" macro making action in the Options.

1 hour ago, Oscar Speer said:

I have, afterwards, try to put all macros made for a special A/C in there own map but when I move macros from "Modules" map to a specific created A/C map my e.g. A319 can not see any macros.

I really don't know what you mean by this.

1 hour ago, Oscar Speer said:

How can I create space for more macros when I reach the 127 limit?

You can't. You need to take all the macros you made for each single aircraft and put them all in one MCRO file for that aircraft or aircraft type -- eg FA18.. You'll have to renumber them all to do this, which means you'll need to reassign them all.

Pete

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank´s for info! FA-18 as an example: I have 18 macro files for FA-18. All macros represent one button press in the cockpit for one special function, "APU ON"=MACRO 1, "ENG CRANK L=MACRO 2", "ENG CRANK R=MACRO 3 and so on" e.g. Do I interpret you correctly that I can use one macro file that contains several different keystrokes with several different functions APU, Crank, Fuel, ext. lights, int. lights, eject, landing gear, weapon system, avionics and more? In that case, one macro file per aircraft will suffice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

Do I interpret you correctly that I can use one macro file that contains several different keystrokes with several different functions APU, Crank, Fuel, ext. lights, int. lights, eject, landing gear, weapon system, avionics and more? In that case, one macro file per aircraft will suffice.

Exactly. That's the idea. You are supposed to make all the macros for the aircraft in one session, or at least all for each major part of the cockpit. You can add more later just by specifying the same macro filename. But normally it is far quicker and easier just to click "start macro making", specify the name you want, then make yor macros for every switch you want. Only when you've done go back to the options and click "end macro making" which will save the file and make the macros visible in the assignments.

However, in your assignments every macro assigned with have a macro file number (the one in the [MacroFiles] list) and a Macro number (the number of the chosen macro within that file). If you now edit one of the files to add all the others to it then

a) you need to be sure to number the macros sequentially as you add them, and 
b) entries aren't automatically deleted from the [MacroFiles] list. As you deal with each file and delete it you need to delete the entry for that file too. Also
c) once you've done you'll need to reassign them all because both the file number and the macro number will change.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Pete! Now it´s a pleasure creating macros! I have reworked my FSL A319 tonight, now with only 2 macro files instead of 18. During the programming of macros I only experience a small issue. After about 5 mouse commands the whole cockpit freeze and I can not move anything except from my Chase-Plane cam. When I ended the macro editor and vent back to my cockpit everything works normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oscar Speer said:

After about 5 mouse commands the whole cockpit freeze and I can not move anything except from my Chase-Plane cam. When I ended the macro editor and vent back to my cockpit everything works normal.

That's very strange.

Unfortunately I have no aircraft with a cockpit worth setting mouse macros up for, though I suppose i could try it on one of the default aircraft. Perhaps John could try this. I'll ask him to take a look. Can you remind us what you are using -- is it P3D4 with FSUIPC5.151?

Could that ChasePlane actually be contributing to this, do you think? is it possible to try without it running, just to see?

A list of other add-ons you are using would be useful too, please.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That's very strange.

Unfortunately I have no aircraft with a cockpit worth setting mouse macros up for, though I suppose i could try it on one of the default aircraft. Perhaps John could try this. I'll ask him to take a look. Can you remind us what you are using -- is it P3D4 with FSUIPC5.151?

Could that ChasePlane actually be contributing to this, do you think? is it possible to try without it running, just to see?

A list of other add-ons you are using would be useful too, please.

Pete

 

Yes, I use Win 10 Prof, P3D.V4.5 with FSUIPC5.151. My add-ons: FS-Real Time, SimElite Time Zone Fixer, RAAS, SODE, GSX 2, Ultimate Traffic Live, Chase Plane,  B747 Immersion, PrecipitFX , REX 3D Sky Force, Rex Texture Direct, PTA, AS for P3D,  FS Global Ultimate,  ORBX Global-Europe-NA. Several airport from ORBX, Flight Beam, W-F, Bridge, Fly Tampa, D-D, MK Studio, Just Sim, Pacific Island Sim and more. PMDG B-748, VRS F/A-18E, Milviz Phantom Adv, A2A Bonanza, A2A Spitfire, FSL A319-A320, Fly The Maddog MD-82, Vertx DA62, Just Flight AVRO Vulcan, Extreme Prototypes X15-A-2. All software up to date. The FSUIPC freezing issue is a minor issue maybe not wort to investigate any deeper. How can I create a macro function executing a 6-detent movement with only 2 button (e.g. A319 landing and taxi lights. On-Off-Retract)?

 

 

A319-100 LT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

How can I create a macro function executing a 6-detent movement with only 2 button (e.g. A319 landing and taxi lights. On-Off-Retract)?

That's 3 positions not 6. You have to have one button for "on-off" and the other for "retract-off". For the two separate ones, if you want to operate them separately, then you'll either need two more buttons, or you'll need a Lua plug-in to work something out by program.

To operate them in sync, however, just give them the same name when you make them. You'll get a multiaction macro like this:I dug up from an FSX example 9slightly different numbering system):

5=Namewithheld
5.1=RX10013,3
5.2=RX10014,3
5.3=RX10015,3

That's three actions executed in sequence with one assignment.

2 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

The FSUIPC freezing issue is a minor issue maybe not wort to investigate any deeper.

Well, it is worrying -- if, in fact, it is FSUIPC. Does everything else carry on normally? You said you can complete the macro making, which means you can go back to the menu. Perhaps rather than freeze you meam that it doesn't want to make further macros then? still serious to e, but not the same level.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That's 3 positions not 6. You have to have one button for "on-off" and the other for "retract-off". For the two separate ones, if you want to operate them separately, then you'll either need two more buttons, or you'll need a Lua plug-in to work something out by program.

To operate them in sync, however, just give them the same name when you make them. You'll get a multiaction macro like this:I dug up from an FSX example 9slightly different numbering system):

5=Namewithheld
5.1=RX10013,3
5.2=RX10014,3
5.3=RX10015,3

That's three actions executed in sequence with one assignment.

Well, it is worrying -- if, in fact, it is FSUIPC. Does everything else carry on normally? You said you can complete the macro making, which means you can go back to the menu. Perhaps rather than freeze you meam that it doesn't want to make further macros then? still serious to e, but not the same level.

Pete

 

Thank´s for info! All controls in the cockpit freeze but went back to normal after ending the macro editor. I have no problem with other software but FSL A320-A319 need to be updated regarding some ATSU issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

All controls in the cockpit freeze but went back to normal after ending the macro editor.

Hmm.  It could be a P3D bug. I doubt if any software other than FSUIPC uses the extra things L-M put in for the mouse macro making facility.

John or I will look at it later in the week.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hmm.  It could be a P3D bug. I doubt if any software other than FSUIPC uses the extra things L-M put in for the mouse macro making facility.

John or I will look at it later in the week.

Pete

 

Thank´s for the help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.