The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gustavos

Selecting AI Traffic

hello simon, Not sure if this is an issue however, im running P3Dv4 and STBv4 on a separate computer running the latest versions Of Prepar3D v4.5 plus latest versions available for STBv4, All connects fine Board works as supposed to however when selecting the airport for example London City, It then lists all the AI Aircraft at that airport but then when selecting it to view that AI the simulator seems to jump to a completely different airport with a different airline, Is this a bug within View AI ive tried this twice and have the same result

The default "View AI" command has always suffered from this type of problem and it's essentially the same since FSX.  Sometimes it works, often many times, and sometimes it does not.  It goes wrong because you cannot say I want to view aircraft "xyz".  Instead you have to find out where xyz is in a list of all AI aircraft then send the same number of "cycle to next view" commands in to the simulator.  So if you have 200 AI, it could take 100 commands to perform which is a lot.  If the list changes between STB acquiring it and the simulator acting on the cycle command, it can show the wrong AI.

From my side there's not much I can do, but the native Prepar3D camera commands (Extended AI Views and Observors) do not have this problem, so please give those a try.

Thanks

Simon