The simFlight Network Forums

how to map a new key for the doors?

Hello,

I use the new panel from homecockpit, bu the key are mapped for origin P3D key :
shift +E + 1 front left
shift +E 2 cargo
shift E 3 front & rear right/left

but on FSUIPC :

shift + E +1 = front left
shift + E + 2 = rear left
shift + E + 3 = front & rear right
shitf + E + 4 = cargo

Do you now what is the solution for map the key ? I can't find on fsuipc

hello Mr Dowson,

Yes I have see this part, but I don't find the solution for add or replace this function

I only find EXIT, for the control

19050707224858379.png

what is the solution to add : AFTexit/ cargo etc ??

Edited by stef95

55 minutes ago, stef95 said:

but on FSUIPC :

shift + E +1 = front left
shift + E + 2 = rear left
shift + E + 3 = front & rear right
shitf + E + 4 = cargo

Those keys (not your labelling) are the default sim assignments. FSUIPC is not involved. Where do your read which doors they are suppoesed to control?  The sim only knows them as Exits 1, 2, 3, and 4. How those exit numbers are used varies from aircraft to aircraft. quite often the front and aft left exits are combined so that the forward and rear cargo ones can be separated.

The labels you are getting from somewhere aren't really relevant. If those keypresses are whast is needed, those are the ones you use.

13 minutes ago, stef95 said:

what is the solution to add : AFTexit/ cargo etc ??

You can ignore the labelling on your "homecockpit" (is that a supplier?) panel. the keystrokes are determined by your aircraft not by anything else. If there's no button for 4 doors separately you might need to make additiional assignments for the forurth or use the keystroke directly.

I use a Prosim737 aircraft which has separate controls for all doors, even including the emergency overwing exits. Of course this can't be done with the 4 controls offered by the sim. it is done by L:Values in that case. i only mention it as an example of all the different implementations there can be.

Pete

43 minutes ago, stef95 said:

What are you controlling the doors with? a panel with push button ?

The Prosim aircraft comes with a Lua plug-in to drive all the doors via those L:Vars. The works with keyboard assignments. But L:Var setting can be done with direct assignment in FSUIPC to macros instead. The Lua plug-in has the advantahe that the L:Vars control the amount the door is open, so the opening and closing is done in a loop over a number of seconds that way, not just open or close.

And the door controls are "buttons" on my WideClient "buttonscreen", on a small touch screen in the cockpit, which is also used for many other things.

None of this is relevant to other models. It just shows what can be done.

Pete