The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro won't work with schedules

Lessi_lex

Hey there,

I just started again with Tower!3D Pro and intended to change my files (like the schedules) but everytime I start Tower!3D it stops at 63%. When I delete my Extensions folder it all works well though. I do not know what I do wrong. I have reinstalled Tower!3D for 5 times now and it still don't work. I don't have any addons. For some reason it doesn't even create a log file. I will attach my Extensions/Airfields/KLAX folder using MEGA. Below are my specs and some informations which might help.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it? I've got no more ideas.. I've been working for 4h now on a solution, but it hasn't worked out as you can see...

Hope you can help me,

Lessi

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GTX1070
Tower!3D Pro v1.2.78.1044ns SP3.3c
No Addons

Extensions/Airfields/KLAX folder (link to MEGA): https://mega.nz/#F!Tc0U2KLD!GMv6ZHAv91GnoOT8_uQAjw

Even though you are wanting to build a custom schedule, you need to purchase Real Traffic (RT). Without it, you can't use any of the realistic airplane models and not having it is the reason for the loading issue.  RT will also give you a good starting base of airlines, airports, and available airplanes. 

It looks like you are using Dick Parker's schedule creator which was built for Tower!2011. It uses really old data with obsolete airlines but if you're OK with that to each their own.  Personally, I'd recommend using one of the custom schedules built specifically for Tower!3D Pro - https://charityalbumman.blogspot.com/2018/08/tower-3d-inc-pro-custom-schedules-list.html

Hey crbascott,

thank you for all that information. It confirmed what I thought lately.. However, I planned on buying RT anyways, so that shoudn't be a problem. And I cannot thank you enough for sharing the link to the list... I searched for such a list for so long.. Really appreciate it!

I originally have downloaded this files anywhere here on the flightsim forum, but the list makes it all easier.

Another question: RT does not include liveries or did I get that wrong?
If I decide to buy an additional airport, I have to buy the liveries ontop for each? For example if I buy EDDM I have got all the the airlines, but not the liveries until I bought Real Color for EDDM?
I'm sure you know that! 🙂

Looking forward to play this game with real airlines finally!

Again, thank you,
Lessi

7 minutes ago, Lessi_lex said:

If I decide to buy an additional airport, I have to buy the liveries ontop for each? For example if I buy EDDM I have got all the the airlines, but not the liveries until I bought Real Color for EDDM?

Yes and yes!

Edit: And there  will be an updated RT installer each time a new airport DLC is published. So it makes perfect sense to keep the download link and the serial number easily accessible.

Edited by EliGrim

1 hour ago, Lessi_lex said:

If I decide to buy an additional airport, I have to buy the liveries ontop for each?

Actually you don't always need to buy the Real Color (RC) for the airport. Once you buy a RC pack the liveries in that pack will show up at all other airports where the airlines/models are in the schedule. I always recommend trying out the airport first and if there are too many white planes for your taste, then go get the RC.

• Upvote 1