The simFlight Network Forums

Big News!!! CYVR - Vancouver for Tower3D/Pro is OUT!

FeelThere Ariel

45 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

UAL1193 airborne after giving the instruction to fly the (according to you) true heading 261 (upper right corner):

It's not "according to me" - I just quoted from AirNav. I was just providing facts regarding magnetic/true headings. 

I don't have nor do I plan to get CYVR, so I cannot speak to the issue. Actually, I'm surprised you're playing the airport already based on your asterisk filled tirade.

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

It's not "according to me" - I just quoted from AirNav.

Counting peas again, huh?

I was just providing facts regarding magnetic/true headings.

And I appreciate that.

Actually, I'm surprised you're playing the airport already based on your asterisk filled tirade.

Believe me - I was even more surprised that our banking system was able to process the transfer within a day. In the past, this whole process took much longer...

14 hours ago, crbascott said:

A log file is always created - you can use output_log.txt located in the ...\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\tower3d_Data folder.

Well, there you go.  Used to running the bat to enable the front end debugging one and thought it was the only one. 

On 5/25/2019 at 1:05 AM, Ripskin said:

Got a chance to play again tonight and rushed in before enabling logging so apologies on that front 😞
Overall this one was much better and a lot of fun but still had a few glitches:

Here I cleared the first plane to line up and wait.  The other plane was back on alpha and I had only given them their continue taxi command to leave the apron.  They proceeded to drive onto the runway and park in the waiting plane. 

image.png.cde1b430f6c755a3f71a7503f4c1f590.png

This is just another plane doing the push back tango:

image.thumb.png.a174d07e4fc25a58dffe65c7218a347c.png

output_log.txt

Thank you for the log! ill look into it! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Rick, where did you install Real Color? Also, which Real Color did you purchase?

Aww man I'm such an idiot, I've downloaded the airport off steam then gone to get real color off ATCsuit but clicked the airport instead so I've purchased the airport twice DOH!!!!
Anyway i could go about getting a refund? 😄

Thank you developers for getting CYVR out to us.  I'm enjoying it as we speak.  I've also had aircraft get stuck on taxiway J.  I haven't had any aircraft do the "spins" but Ill try and be prepared for that.    

Some clarification regarding the discussion of magnetic vs true headings.  All airports around the world use magnetic headings for their runways, so aircraft instruments and runways align.  The only exception are airports in extreme norther regions which use true headings due to the rapid changes in magnetic declination the closer you get to the north pole. 

So while the information crbascott has recited from Airnav.com is correct, the source material is incorrect.  Whoever entered the data on their website did it backwards listing the magnetic runway headings as a true heading and then calculating the magnetic heading from that.  The actual magnetic headings for CYVR's parallel runways are:

08L/R:  083-degrees

26L/R: 263-degrees   

Magnetic variation is 17-degrees E.  All numbers from the current edition of Canada Air Pilot.  

(It should also be noted that Airnav.com says on their listing for CYVR that their records may not be complete or correct).

This may seem trivial, but DELTA VII has a point.  When an aircraft lines up on runway 26L (as shown In his post) why IS the heading shown as 284??...and not something close to 260?? 

I'd like to know...  For those who play the game like DELTA VII I can see how that could screw things up.