The simFlight Network Forums

MACRO from the old addon to the new

Hi Pete,
I open another post because it is slightly different from the others.
For the home cockpit I am using an interface I/O card that hooks up to the macros via a profile created with a dll (not editable except by the developer). Unfortunately, the developer no longer gives me support, being busy with other developments and since there is no request, he seems to be the only one to use the Maddog as a home cockpit. I did some quick tests and something works by hooking up to the same macro names and keeping the file names the same. But on some macro issues there are problems, for example:

In the old maddog we had the input of the APU Master as follows:
(the switch is the classic 3-way with an OFF ON MOM-ON position).
The macro was thus configured in the old MD82OVERHEAD file:
21 = APU_MASTER_MIN = RX6c200 * X83cc
22 = APU_MASTER_PLUS = RX6c180 * X81cc
23 = APU_MASTER_START
= 23.1 * RX6c180 X81cc, 11
= 23.2 * RX6c180 X81cc, 17

in the macro test in p3d v3.4 the result is on release RX6c200 * X83cc, plus RX6c180 * X81cc on click. I wonder then where does a file setting with parameters 11 and 17 come from? if I analyze the same switch connected with other I/O cards like mobiflight or BUOX86 by bodnar that uses fsuipc directly, that switch is configured simply with parameters 0 (on) 1 (off) and 2 (momON)

Now in the new Maddog we have:

21 = APU_MASTER_MIN = RX40000226,14
22 = APU_MASTER_PLUS = RX40000226,15
23 = APU_MASTER_START = RX40000226,15

The OFF and ON position works there are no problems. The MomON position has problems, the switch goes to momON but the release does not return me to the neutral position.
Basically to be able to interface with the old input / output boards I should replicate exactly the same macro file, because the dll that works with the profile is already configured following those macro names. But if before we had parameters 11 and 17, how should I then configure the new macro file?

I hope I made you understand, thank you very much.

Simone

image.png.dd639537c140f5a9ba32e0dbc309eef5.png
image.png.74cb6d006c9e3edef41611f3f20c5c02.png

MD82OVERHEAD - OLDMADDOG.MCRO

MD82OVERHEAD - NEWMADDOGX.MCRO

26 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

In the old maddog we had the input of the APU Master as follows:
(the switch is the classic 3-way with an OFF ON MOM-ON position).
The macro was thus configured in the old MD82OVERHEAD file:
21 = APU_MASTER_MIN = RX6c200 * X83cc
22 = APU_MASTER_PLUS = RX6c180 * X81cc
23 = APU_MASTER_START

This is not for P3D4 obvously. They are using the old method where FSUIPC placed a hook in the sim's code and called the same functions directly.

Those last two lines aren't correct and will be ignored. No lines can start with '='. The = comes afer the 23.1, etc.

31 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

I wonder then where does a file setting with parameters 11 and 17 come from?

They can't be automatically added by FSUIPC, so they've been edited directly -- by the same person who got the format all wrong I expect.  They are mouse flags defined in  the FS Gauge C/C++ SDK:

11 = MOUSE_LEAVE
17 = MOUSE_LEFTRELEASE

The lines without a code use 29 = MOUSE_LEFTSINGLE.

Please do refer to the documentation -- oage 41 of the FSUIPC4 Advanced User's PDF.

39 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

21 = APU_MASTER_MIN = RX40000226,14
22 = APU_MASTER_PLUS = RX40000226,15
23 = APU_MASTER_START = RX40000226,15

The OFF and ON position works there are no problems. The MomON position has problems, the switch goes to momON but the release does not return me to the neutral position.

Sorry, how does that text possibly relate to the three macro lines?And what on either is a "Mom"?

40 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

Basically to be able to interface with the old input / output boards I should replicate exactly the same macro file, because the dll that works with the profile is already configured following those macro names. But if before we had parameters 11 and 17, how should I then configure the new macro file?

First, that is even more confusing. The 11, 17 in your earlier example (in lines which couldn't possibly work anyway) related to "APU_MASTER_START", not a "Mom".

Second, macros for P3D4 are NOT the same as those in 32-bit versions of FSX and P3D. I've already explained how FSUIPC is able to make use of new facilities in P3D. The old method, hacked into vode -- part of the macro encoding is actually an offset into the Gauge code. the macro contains the name of the relevant GAU or DLL file. In P3D4 the encoding is merely a rectangle ID.

Anyway, again, you need to refer to documentation.  Page 38 of the FSUIPC5 Advanced User's PDF gives you the mouse codes used by P3D4.

Pete

I follow the documentation and is the same of old macro. But now, what is the correct, parameter to assign in te new .mco ?

<mouseflag> part provides the actual mouse action required to operate the facility. This is encoded as a number, one
of those listed below (but note that some of these will probably never be seen in relation to such regions!):
1 Right single click
2 Middle single click`
3 Left single click
4 Right double click
5 Middle double click
6 Left double click
7 Right button & drag
8 Middlebutton & drag
9 Left button & drag
10 Move
11 Right elease
12 Middle release
13 Left release
14 Wheel up
15 Wheel down
16 Leave
17 Count

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

But now, what is the correct, parameter to assign in te new .mco ?

For the 11 and 17 in lines which were wrong and could never have been used. Why if they are never used?

Anyway, if you want to use new numbers for old, read the names of those numbers. It is easy to map one to the other. they are only mouse actions! I don't need to do such simple things for you, surely?

If there's any ambiguity, choose one and test, etc. I can't do this for you, sorry!

Pete

Pete, 

I'm very confused, forgive me.
So, in p3d if I click with the right mouse button I get parameter (3), left click on the mouse (1). If I move the mouse wheel 14 and 15.
But what parameters should I use then? from the analysis of my file, both parameters work both if I put 14 in release and 15 in the click, that also 1 and 3.

For all the switches I have the same problem on click 3 or 15 and on release 1 or 14 depending on what I press on the mouse
(both work). I'm sorry but I just can't understand the logic of the macro function.

21 = APU_MASTER_MIN = RX40000226,14 or (1)
22 = APU_MASTER_PLUS = RX40000226,15 or (3)
23 = APU_MASTER_START = RX40000226,3 or (15)

in any case, the problem remains for all momentary ON switches because in my interface program there is a function on click release programmed

on old file with special string line macro:

23 = APU_MASTER_START

I have only one possibility to interface my switches on the I board with the damn software owned by the author with the indication that we have in the old profile. How would you write the Master Apu macros on the new file? can you give me an example? I would thank you very much.

thank Simone

2 hours ago, sisoffi said:

So, in p3d if I click with the right mouse button I get parameter (3), left click on the mouse (1). If I move the mouse wheel 14 and 15.
But what parameters should I use then?

Sorry, I've no idea. You'll have to experiment. 

I thought you just wanted the same as 11 and 17 in the P3D3 version. 

11 = MOUSE_LEAVE
17 = MOUSE_LEFTRELEASE

So why not look through the list for P3D4 and choose equivalents? 

I'm sorry but I just can't understand the logic of the macro function.

They are MOUSE functions, not "macro functions". The first code gives the Rectangle ID -- that tells P3D where the mouse was. and the second the ouse action which is to happen. that's it, nothing more, nothing less. 

on old file with special string line macro:

23 = APU_MASTER_START

But that macro won't work on the old file either because, as I said, the format is wrong. It would hve to be

How would you write the Master Apu macros on the new file?

Find one from the old file which actually worked!

can you give me an example?

I can't. I've no idea how your APU MASTER STTART switch works because you've simply not shown me how you did it, and nothing you've said about it is making any sense to me at all.

Pete

i found the corresponding:

11 MOUSE_LEAVE (fuispc4) = 16 Leave (fsuipc5)

17 MOUSE_LEFTRELEASE  (fsuipc4)= 13 Left release

so is corect so?

21=APU_MASTER_MIN=RX40000226,14
22=APU_MASTER_PLUS=RX40000226,15
23=APU_MASTER_START
23.1=RX40000226,16
23.2=RX40000226,13

Pete,
I have tried many combinations. First of all, replace the old parameters 11 and 17 with the new ones.

I also tried other combinations of parameters (the left mouse click is momentary and corresponds to 13)

but nothing to do I do not understand why the switch does not return to neutral.
In any case, the combination works and go in momentary ON position, but nothing to do I do not understand why the switch does not return to neutral.

21=APU_MASTER_MIN=RX40000226,14
22=APU_MASTER_PLUS=RX40000226,15
23=APU_MASTER_START
23.1=RX40000226,13
23.2=RX40000226,16

13 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

but nothing to do I do not understand why the switch does not return to neutral.

But it did in the old version even though the macto itself was bad and not executed?

14 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

In any case, the combination works and go in momentary ON position, but nothing to do I do not understand why the switch does not return to neutral.

It might be related to timing. Try programming them separately, the Start to the button press and the release to the button release. That would be more realistic in any case. Try making a separate mouse maacro for the release, assuming you have to press t again somewhere to release it. Otherwise have one macro do the 13 and the other the 16.

Why, in any case, is there no "press"?  I wouldn't have thought a "left release' would first press it, so what presses it? Seems to me you need a simple left click. Did you try following the instructions for programming a macro, including using TAB to test it before naming it?

I really can't help you further. The functions listed for the mouse are all that are provided.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I discovered that the toggle switch is not replicated by the TAB test. Also in the example APU MASTER 3 positions OFF RUN and START.

from off to run I click the mouse once (click-type 3) or turn the wheel (click-type 15). The moment I do the test it goes to the Start position (it still increases the click and that's fine). from Run to off (clicktype1 or 14).

Now if I press the left mouse once the toggle switch goes into start and immediately into run (clicktype 3) while if I turn the mouse wheel (cliktype15) it stays in start.
But if I do the TEST of the latter, it does not release remains in start.

image.png.702e0e06fdfdcd46bc79e85f9c003e5f.png

Fired through FSUIPC Control: 69919, Parameter: 16777217
16777217 ...what is this parameter?

That is not a normal FS control. It is probably a PMDG one. The parameter will be one of the "mouse codes" they list in their documentation. That's where you need to look (in case it doesn't show decimal, note that 16777217 = 0x1000001. So bits 0 and 24 only set).

PMDG support is really bett over in the PMDG support forum. I don't even have an PMDG aircraft.

Pete

5 hours ago, sisoffi said:

Hi Pete,

I discovered that the toggle switch is not replicated by the TAB test. Also in the example APU MASTER 3 positions OFF RUN and START.

from off to run I click the mouse once (click-type 3) or turn the wheel (click-type 15). The moment I do the test it goes to the Start position (it still increases the click and that's fine). from Run to off (clicktype1 or 14).

Now if I press the left mouse once the toggle switch goes into start and immediately into run (clicktype 3) while if I turn the mouse wheel (cliktype15) it stays in start.

about this? do you have any idea?

57 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

do you have any idea?

Sorry, no. I don't have the aircraft ot experiment with. There's no science in this because it's to do with how PMDG implements things. You could try asking them, but I think they would say that you should use their documented controls. Why aren't you?

PMDG aircraft are the least likely to need any mouse macros at all because it is so well supplied with its custom controls. Use them.

Pete

On 6/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, sisoffi said:

Hi Pete,

about this? do you have any idea?

19 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, no. I don't have the aircraft ot experiment with. There's no science in this because it's to do with how PMDG implements things. You could try asking them, but I think they would say that you should use their documented controls. Why aren't you?

PMDG aircraft are the least likely to need any mouse macros at all because it is so well supplied with its custom controls. Use them.

Pete

is not pmdg but the new maddogX

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

is not pmdg but the new maddogX

Sorry, I certainly don't have that eother. If I did all I could do is experiment to find a way.

Maybe the MadDogX folks can help? If it's a sophisticated add-on it should be provided with controls or keyboard shortcuts you can assign to buttons and switches. Surely they would expect their users to want to use hardware devices?

Mouse macros were designed as a sort of last resort, for where there was no other way -- and that was usually with lesser add-ons.

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, I certainly don't have that eother. If I did all I could do is experiment to find a way.

Maybe the MadDogX folks can help? If it's a sophisticated add-on it should be provided with controls or keyboard shortcuts you can assign to buttons and switches. Surely they would expect their users to want to use hardware devices?

Mouse macros were designed as a sort of last resort, for where there was no other way -- and that was usually with lesser add-ons.

Pete

yes, the maddog has released all fsuipc offset, but the problem is the same. I need to intercept the functions write on onl .mco file with the skalarki interface. But somtehing is write in his internal code and difficult to bypass :(.
Just switch to mobiflight and arduino and you're done. It was just not to throw away valuable and paid cards at the time