The simFlight Network Forums

KTPA & KMCO Coming Into Gatwick

nrholland

This will be the issue (this may not be the actual flight, but it will be the same reason)

"Custom plane found: B77L
Airplane dropped, no international terminal: BAW2273

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

08:45:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND * BAW2273 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_NONE to STATE_WAITING
08:45:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND * BAW2273 => Init airplane   type: 77L code: B77L category: III class: WIDE_BODY_JET
CREATE SERVER AIRPLANE: BAW2273"

I believe, and Craig will know better, that there is no available heavy gate at the terminal for the plane, so it cannot arrive

3 hours ago, nrholland said:

I ran a 0900 block for one hour.  85% of the landings and takeoffs were EasyJet.  I had 4 departures for British Airways, no landings.  I had about three other airlines do a couple of landings/departures.  That was the just of my traffic.  No BA flight came in from Orlando, even though a 777 is supposed to land at 0925.

From your posted game log

[...]

09:25:00 alt: 6693 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 08R * BAW2038 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_INCOMING to STATE_INCOMING
09:25:00 alt: 6693 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 08R * BAW2038 => ***** no free terminal

[...]

I see tons of "no free terminal" messages - but I'm going to let the others comment on that.

May it be an idea to see the terminal file he is using?

In the schedule I use, BA-Heavies seem to com from the NWS-Terminal, and the.. mm East (of the Tower). I can indeed hardly remember being BA-Heavies on Terminal 2 and 3, actually, I can hardly remember Heavies going to T3...  well, at work, can't look into that now.

• Like 1

@nrholland - as expected, you are experiencing gate availability issues. The cause is either too much traffic (because of FT's decision to load 8 hours of flights) and/or poor gate implementation by FT leaving no places for planes/heavies to park. There is no guarantee, especially if the latter issue comes into play, but as I've mentioned before snippets may be the only solution to see realistic traffic volumes and, in your case, see specific flights. I would suggest downloading @battlehawk77's EGKK custom schedule. It looks like the Sunday snippet with an 08:00 start has a flight you are interested in. BAW2166 (B772) should arrive from TPA around 08:40.

@hexzed - the "Airplane dropped, no international terminal" message appears when a departure is totally dropped from the schedule due to no available gates. Looking at the log file file I found 10 flights that were dropped including BAW2273. 6 of the 10 were BAW heavies, which could point to gate implementation flaws.

@blacklabelbraai - yes, BAW2038 is suffering under the "no free terminal" issue. Again, this is a gate availability issue. The flight won't spawn (will remain in a virtual holding pattern) until a gate frees up. It looks like at around 09:50 when the session ended, there were 5 planes delayed by no free terminal. TCX2617 (9:00), RYR112 (9:22), BAW2038 (9:25), BAW2272 (9:28), and TAP336 (9:37). Several other flights were delayed earlier in the session, but eventually spawned.

@andredragt - based on the log file the default RT terminal file was being used. BAW is only defined to park at Terminal_S3. I guess they could also park at Terminal_PE and Terminal_North since those terminals have no entries and the game can randomly assign any airline to those. Actually, an inaccurate terminal file can lead to schedule related/gate availability issues too. 

Craig

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blacklabelbraai said:

@crbascott as an aside and not wanting to derail this thread - do developers like yourself, @hexzed @battlehawk77 etc rewrite the terminal file when creating new schedules?

I know I do, as, like @crbascott said, the terminal file included with RC may not be 100% accurate, due to terminal assignment changes and such.

• Like 1

Well... at home//time for testing.

TL/DR: Terminal 3 is NOT for Heavies

Used the next Schedule, with standard Terminal file, where BAW is only using Terminal_S3.

I actually had to put 2 small planes in, else it wouldn't even start.....

BVC, LGW, 319, BA,  579, 20:10, 12:00, 1, BA
TFS, LGW, 763, BA, 1913, 20:07, 12:00, 1, BA
TPE, LGW, 359, BA,   69, 20:05, 12:00, 1, BA
RAK, LGW, 788, BA,  517, 20:02, 12:00, 1, BA
DOH, LGW, 788, BA,  327, 20:00, 12:00, 1, BA
LGW, EDI, 744, BA, 2946, 12:00, 21:16, 1, BA
LGW, JER, 77L, BA, 2778, 12:00, 20:14, 1, BA
LGW, GLA, 763, BA, 2964, 12:00, 20:12, 1, BA
LGW, BOD, 359, BA, 2788, 12:00, 20:10, 1, BA
LGW, BCN, 752, BA, 2710, 12:00, 20:08, 1, BA
LGW, VCE, 744, BA, 2588, 12:00, 20:06, 1, BA
LGW, VRN, 319, BA, 2598, 12:00, 20:04, 1, BA
LGW, JFK, 77L, BA, 2273, 12:00, 20:02, 1, BA
LGW, MCO, 744, BA,   15, 12:00, 20:00, 1, BA

only the 2 A319 spawned....

So, yeah, definately a Bug that Terminal 3 can't handle Heavies

output_log_EGKK2.txt

also threw this into my original EGKK-Bug Report

I actually find it one of the best Airports for medium-traffic. Just make sure BAW is put into other terminals (Like SWS and North)

I normally also put Easyjet into those two terminals to make sure all spawn

(and make sure not to use 26R)

6 hours ago, blacklabelbraai said:

So I should hold off on purchasing EGKK unless I take a perverse pleasure in smacking my head against the keyboard.

Is that what you are implying @FeelThere Ariel?

No, what I´m implying is we have taken notice of this bug and we are adding it to our list of fixes we need to take into consideration.  :

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now here is my next question.  I download a custom schedule for EGKK.  It has BA using SE & PE for all it's BAW flights.  However, one of the earlier posts here recommended using SWS & North.  Should I put BAW in all of them or which ones do you recommed that I use for BAW so that I get arrivals and departures for all sizes of BAW planes?  Let me know.  Thank you.

London Gatwick 2.PNG

2 hours ago, nrholland said:

Should I put BAW in all of them or which ones do you recommed that I use for BAW so that I get arrivals and departures for all sizes of BAW planes?

I do not own EGKK, but you can delete BAW from S3 & PE and put it in SWS & North. Than give it a go and see how it works. You will not destroy the game! 😉

Okay.  I installed the custom schedule in.  I also put BAW in SWS & North.  Now I'm running a 0900 block.  Now my new problem is that I'm getting white planes with no liveries on them.  I think one of the other people had the same problem.  Should I go back to the default schedule but leave the terminal's that I am using now, SWS & North.  Should I add PE and SE and have BAW going out of all of them? Finally I am starting to get BAW arrivals.  And I see several big planes (probably 777s.  I don't think BAW flies 747s and A380s out of EGKK).  I'd appreciate anyone's opinion.