The simFlight Network Forums

KTPA & KMCO Coming Into Gatwick

nrholland

I went almost a whole hour form 0900 and didn't see any BAW activity.  Then I started to get some departures.  Finally I got two arrivals of 777s from MCO and JFK.  I have BAW listed at the following gates: SWS, PE, N4E, N4W, N5N, N6SP. Could someone tell me where these are located?  I'm also getting aircraft sitting at non gate positions.  Is that normal at Gatwick?

Thanks for all your help.  I know some of you may be tired of me by now.  But I really appreciate your help in this.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:37 AM, nrholland said:

I went almost a whole hour form 0900 and didn't see any BAW activity.  Then I started to get some departures.  Finally I got two arrivals of 777s from MCO and JFK.  I have BAW listed at the following gates: SWS, PE, N4E, N4W, N5N, N6SP. Could someone tell me where these are located?  I'm also getting aircraft sitting at non gate positions.  Is that normal at Gatwick?

Thanks for all your help.  I know some of you may be tired of me by now.  But I really appreciate your help in this.

Sorry only just had a chance to look at this thread.

Try this one. This should answer all your questions 😉

This is the near final version that was used when I was testing the RC and RT for Nygeresdesign. The only difference is the angled gate on the far left terminal n6 which is the a380 Emirates gate.

Also, yes Gatwick do use non gate positions and bus people out to them. Not as many as you will need to use in the game due to some of the issues with game play gate restrictions (ie the Terminal_S3 no heavy gate issue all ready reported), hence the custom schedulers use some gaming "licence" when they set up their terminal file for their own schedules.

G

terminals.jpg

• Like 1

May anyone help me out and check if this is an issue with my voice or the EGKK DLC?

If I give the taxi command EZY123 RUNWAY 08R AT GOLF TAXI VIA ROMEO JULIETT TANGO it always puts a SIERRA after VIA. So the command is translated into RWY 08R @ G TAXI VIA S R J T.

This happens with all rwy->at commands. If I only use RUNWAY 08R TAXI VIA, without an AT, no SIERRA is put after VIA.

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

May anyone help me out and check if this is an issue with my voice or the EGKK DLC?

If I give the taxi command EZY123 RUNWAY 08R AT GOLF TAXI VIA ROMEO JULIETT TANGO it always puts a SIERRA after VIA. So the command is translated into RWY 08R @ G TAXI VIA S R J T.

This happens with all rwy->at commands. If I only use RUNWAY 08R TAXI VIA, without an AT, no SIERRA is put after VIA.

The correct syntax as specified in the manual  is CALLSIGN, RUNWAY XX AT TAXIWAY X VIA TAXIWAY X (multiple taxiways can be assigned to generate a complex routing).

In tower.rec the command is as follows:
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1; VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

However there is a way to use the command exactly as you described above. I personally prefer the "TAXI VIA" phrase, so I added the following to tower.rec and it works like a charm:
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

• Thanks 1

I was reading something today on Wikipedia and it gave me the impression that British Airways is using the south terminal along with Virgin Atlantic. EasyJet is now using the North terminal. Does anybody have an up-to-date list of who is using what terminals? I would appreciate it. Maybe I'm totally misinformed about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also experiencing issues with EGKK and BAW planes not arriving when using my own custom schedule. Again, like nrholland posts above, I'm only seeing issues with the BAW Heavies, 777,772. 

Assigning an extra terminal parking Lot can sometimes give me white planes. Is that something we have to live with? I do have the EGKK Real Colour and the latest Real Traffic installed.

I'll try some more experimenting with assigning various terminals as mention throughout the thread.

I would also echo nrHolland's request as to whether anybody knows of a resource of what airline is using what terminal at Gatwick?

1 hour ago, Pringle said:

I'm also experiencing issues with EGKK and BAW planes not arriving when using my own custom schedule. Again, like nrholland posts above, I'm only seeing issues with the BAW Heavies, 777,772. 

I believe gate/terminal issues are a know bug with Gatwick. Theoretically, an SP for EGKK is in the works.

Assigning an extra terminal parking Lot can sometimes give me white planes. Is that something we have to live with? I do have the EGKK Real Colour and the latest Real Traffic installed.

What do you mean by "assigning an extra parking lot"? Nevertheless, I doubt this is the cause of your white planes. More than likely, it's a airline/plane type combination in your schedule that doesn't have a livery created for it.

I would also echo nrHolland's request as to whether anybody knows of a resource of what airline is using what terminal at Gatwick?

With this being a recent release, I would have thought that the "Nyerges Design team" would have delivered an accurate terminal file.That's unfortunate if that's not the case. For my custom schedules I always relied on the Airport's website and verified things through FlightAware as much as possible.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:44 AM, Pedantic G said:

Sorry only just had a chance to look at this thread.

Try this one. This should answer all your questions 😉

This is the near final version that was used when I was testing the RC and RT for Nygeresdesign. The only difference is the angled gate on the far left terminal n6 which is the a380 Emirates gate.

Also, yes Gatwick do use non gate positions and bus people out to them. Not as many as you will need to use in the game due to some of the issues with game play gate restrictions (ie the Terminal_S3 no heavy gate issue all ready reported), hence the custom schedulers use some gaming "licence" when they set up their terminal file for their own schedules.

G

terminals.jpg

This is really Cool! Most American Airports I know the terminal layout. It's easier to see airlines at specific gates. But international airports are a little tougher for me. By chance @Pedantic G did you pe4sonally make this? Or get it somewhere? It would be nice to have it for other intl. Airports like BCN; EDDM; and MEL.

11 hours ago, ashman99 said:

This is really Cool! Most American Airports I know the terminal layout. It's easier to see airlines at specific gates. But international airports are a little tougher for me. By chance @Pedantic G did you pe4sonally make this? Or get it somewhere? It would be nice to have it for other intl. Airports like BCN; EDDM; and MEL.

Have sent you a PM

• Thanks 1