The simFlight Network Forums

FSX crashes

Good day ,

Once I load a new flight FSXSE just crashes after 2 seconds. Event viewer shows fsuipc4.dll as the problem. So i removed the fsuipc4.dll and fsxse ran smoothly. 

Please find attached logs. Also when i was reinstalling fsuipc, it said my serial key is invalid. my order number is 1704222. please advise on both issue.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.7.4, time stamp: 0x5a914fb2
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000c33b0
Faulting process id: 0x1fb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d527466271c49c
Faulting application path: S:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll
Report Id: 5808298c-8346-4c68-ad11-4831dae8dde9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

** FSUIPC4.dll removed ***

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4 Install.log

dll.xml

Hi,

for the crash problem, please try with LINDA disabled (rename your ipcReady.lua to ipcReady.notUsed - you can change it back later). Also try with loading a default aircraft first, then switching to the A320.

When re-installing there is no need to register, you can skip the registration and your previous key file will be used. However, your details are still valid. All 3 field (name, email, key) must be exactly right - best to cut and paste from your registration email.

Please don't post the dll - this is not needed. Generally you should post the log and ini files if you have any issues (and install log if you have installation problems) and we can advise from there.

35 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi,

for the crash problem, please try with LINDA disabled (rename your ipcReady.lua to ipcReady.notUsed - you can change it back later). Also try with loading a default aircraft first, then switching to the A320.

When re-installing there is no need to register, you can skip the registration and your previous key file will be used. However, your details are still valid. All 3 field (name, email, key) must be exactly right - best to cut and paste from your registration email.

Please don't post the dll - this is not needed. Generally you should post the log and ini files if you have any issues (and install log if you have installation problems) and we can advise from there.

HI,

Renamed the LINDA file and loaded default fsx aircraft. Still fsxse crashed.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.7.4, time stamp: 0x5a914fb2
Faulting process id: 0x15f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5275d8f365e86
Report Id: 0ec9f639-c04d-4a2c-bb56-fd584c44dba2

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4.ini

Edited by ram123
added attachment

19 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Also, presumably this was previously working. What did you change?

HI,

I am thinking on those lines already. Only changes i found were windows defender security updates done on 18/06/19. This problem started on 18th. Hence i disabled real time protection and tried fsx. Still it crashed.

On 13/06/19 , windows was updated to 1903 version. After that, I ran FSX many times until 18th with no problems.

Other than that I dont remember or see any changes made. 

Hi,

maybe try without having the a320 as your default aircraft in your default flight - your log shows this is still there, although I'm not sure that this matters but worth a try. Many people seem to have problems with add-on aircraft unless the sim is initialised with a default aircraft first.

Defender updates shouldn't effect things, but you never know with windows, and the timing is suspicious. Maybe check your defender logs after the update to see if they show anything.

Did you not manage to re-register (or retrieve your old key file)?

53 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi,

maybe try without having the a320 as your default aircraft in your default flight - your log shows this is still there, although I'm not sure that this matters but worth a try. Many people seem to have problems with add-on aircraft unless the sim is initialised with a default aircraft first.

. Tried as you said but still fsxse crashed.

Faulting process id: 0x9d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5278943075fa0
Report Id: aacc3582-09c1-4f29-a05b-149723089220

WINDOWS ERROR REPORTING

Problem signature:
P1: fsx.exe
P2: 10.0.62615.0
P3: 559f9a9a
P4: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded
P5: 4.9.7.4
P6: 5a914fb2
P7: c000041d
P8: 000c33b0
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8DE9.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER927E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER929E.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER92AE.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER92ED.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_7fd5ba8e0b258cc9f3522ab80ffe9a5f318568e_a37f3a76_679b9205-6260-4ebb-9d22-35bec0626491

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: aacc3582-09c1-4f29-a05b-149723089220
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 8f39db2e79eec30496c78f3eef6ac22e
Cab Guid: 0

53 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Defender updates shouldn't effect things, but you never know with windows, and the timing is suspicious. Maybe check your defender logs after the update to see if they show anything.

Did you not manage to re-register (or retrieve your old key file)?

Defender protection history is empty. no threats founds.

Yes, i did manage to re-register

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4 Install.log

WILL A REMOTE SESSION HELP TO RESOLVE???

Do you have any other events just before the crash event?

Can you try disabling weather by adding

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of you ini. 

If that doesn't work then we'll add some logging flags. I'm away from my PC for a while, but Pete will be back next week if you don'y hear from me before then.

20 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Can you try disabling weather by adding

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of you ini.

This resolved the problem.🖐️

Could you shed some light on this like Why this problem happened? How does this new line prevent the problem?

On 6/21/2019 at 12:49 AM, John Dowson said:

Sounds like you have a corrupt weather file somewhere. Usually its the wxstationlist.bin file, in the same directory as your fsx.cfg file. Try deleting/renaming that first - a new one should be created when you restart the sim.

Hi,

indeed the file was corrupt. followed procedure as said by you and all is good. I have removed the  NoWeatherAtAll=Yes line also. All works fine. Many thanks.