The simFlight Network Forums
hexzed

Tower 3D/3D Pro CUSTOM SCHEDULE For KJFK/JFK v1.0

VERSION 1 FILES UPLOADED 28 JUNE 2019

My schedule has 118 airlines that fly into JFK including cargo, and charter flights and also General Aviation flights.

I have split my schedule into hour groups (which I highly recommend) so all flights are more likely to arrive and depart correctly, or if you prefer you can load the entire day in one go.

Please refer to the below graph for your preferred times  

graph.thumb.PNG.aefc511ba576316f261ec776a2b17875.PNG

Installation Instructions

1 Please back up the existing KJFK folder, before doing anything else

2 Please download all of the files kjfk_airlines.txt, kjfk_airports.txt, kjfk_airplanes.txt and kjfk_terminal.txt, from the dropbox link below and over write the existing files in the "Extensions\Airfields\KJFK" folder.

The schedules will not work correctly if the above is not done

3 Select the folder corresponding to the hours (or full day) you have selected, and download the “kjfk_schedule.txt” and "kjfk_gaandlocaltraffic.txt" from the dropbox link below and over write the existing files in the "Extensions\Airfields\KJFK" folder.

Any questions on install please ask

Schedule Notes

This custom schedule will only work properly with the latest Real Traffic version

--------------------------------------

I have designed my schedules on the basis that all Real Colour packs have been installed

If not all Real Colour packs have been installed, the schedule will work but you will not get liveries on all aircraft

In addition to this some airlines in this schedule have no liveries associated with them at all and will appear white, this is a limitation of the game and not something i can change

I have adjusted a lot of callsigns to reflect the correct pronunciation in real life, so will need to be pronounced differently to what you may be used to with the default real traffic

Any questions in regards to these notes, please ask

I have tested the files and are working, but of course any issues, comments or corrections, please tell me

Ben

DOWNLOAD FILES FROM HERE

Other custom schedules

EDDM, Munich Airport, Germany

KLGA, La Guardia Airport, New York, USA

TIST, St. Thomas Airport, US Virgin Islands

• Like 1

Sure gonna try this one too but I have a small question: your terminal has the following line in it:

Terminal_Cargo: AAR.,CAL.,CAO,CKS,CLX,CPA.,DHK,ETH.,FDX,GEC,ICL,ICV,KAL.,NCA,QAC,QFA.,RJA.,SLQ,SVA.,TAY,THY.,UAE.,UPS,ABX,GTI,RUN

Why do some airlines have a . and then a , while others only have a , as separator??

Just opened the airlines and that file has the same "feature"....

The full stops and any other separators are there to differentiate between the passenger and cargo versions of the airline as well as between the different regionals. I initially changed the ICAO, but due to possible double ups I have been trying this instead. 

The reason for this is so that the cargo airlines go to the cargo terminal, and the passenger airlines go to their correct terminal. In turn the same for any regionals, eg Republic Airlines operating for American will go to terminal 8, Republic airlines operating for Delta will go to terminal 2, etc

Hope this explains everything 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hexzed said:

The full stops and any other separators are there to differentiate between the passenger and cargo versions of the airline as well as between the different regionals. I initially changed the ICAO, but due to possible double ups I have been trying this instead. 

The reason for this is so that the cargo airlines go to the cargo terminal, and the passenger airlines go to their correct terminal. In turn the same for any regionals, eg Republic Airlines operating for American will go to terminal 8, Republic airlines operating for Delta will go to terminal 2, etc

Hope this explains everything 🙂

Ah, that makes perfect sense.. I didn't know 4-letter designations were accepted by the program so it looked kind of strange...

Tnx for the effort you put into this and I'm sure gonna give it a try..

I assume all the airlines with the creative ICAO and IATA codes have white liveries.I guess you have to sacrifice one thing for another.

Sure hope the cargo/commercial conundrum is addressed in the next version, along with differentiating regional airlines and the major carrier they fly for. I could keep going but don't want to hijack the thread. 🙂