The simFlight Network Forums

Custom Schedule Tutorial???

Pringle

+1 for That statement on Flightaware.  I copy paste the date in to my excel sheet and let the formulas start grooming the information while I go search for oddities and things to correct.  I looked at some other sources but for Flightaware the data is right there with little effort.  Copy paste values and off to the races. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info..some of the custom schedules I have seen look like this:

// Depart,Arrive,Type,Airline,Flight,Arrival,Departure,Duration,Codeshare

PER,MEL,734,T#,11,00:03,12:00,1,T#

What is the hash used for? I couldnt' find an explanation for this?

Freight flights are they done in the same format as normal passenger flights?

Thank you

7 hours ago, hexzed said:

Ah a fellow kiwi!

Yeh, they can't fly & only come out at night.😁 Sorry Ben, the old friendly  Kiwi/ Aussie rivalary .

For Fordy, this is a fairly common practice by the experienced schedule builders. It is also used whenever it is required to differentiate operators arrivign at different terminals but usng the same ICAO & IATA codes. Examples are:

1. Freight operators e.g. Cathay Pacific, Singapore cargo etc.

2. Operators operating domestic & intnl. flights where they Dep/Arr at different terminals. e.g. American Airlines in the US, You want the dom flights & the Intl flights to operate at different terminals. SFO is an example of this.

3. Small operators that don't have ICAO & IATA codes. e.g T#.

On a different heading, maybe someone could produce an airlines.txt list of the made up codes and have some sort of standardisation for these to help make sure duplicates don't happen.

Kev M

@707FAN

Kev, as and when they are released I do add them to the Master File Excel sheet (use the drop down filter). General rule of thumb is if its got a # in it or a weird character, its made up to get them in the gaming schedules! 

With the new cargo aircraft without windows the custom guys demands are growing but boy the game looks so much better with then in!

I think all the custom schedule guys should re do ALL their schedules to update them! ( I will await the expected abuse) 🤣🤣🤣

Gary

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Yeh, they can't fly & only come out at night.😁 Sorry Ben, the old friendly  Kiwi/ Aussie rivalary .

For Fordy, this is a fairly common practice by the experienced schedule builders. It is also used whenever it is required to differentiate operators arrivign at different terminals but usng the same ICAO & IATA codes. Examples are:

1. Freight operators e.g. Cathay Pacific, Singapore cargo etc.

2. Operators operating domestic & intnl. flights where they Dep/Arr at different terminals. e.g. American Airlines in the US, You want the dom flights & the Intl flights to operate at different terminals. SFO is an example of this.

3. Small operators that don't have ICAO & IATA codes. e.g T#.

On a different heading, maybe someone could produce an airlines.txt list of the made up codes and have some sort of standardisation for these to help make sure duplicates don't happen.

Kev M

Thanks for the info - getting my head around it.

So Qantas and Qantas Link (regional) use different codes

QF for the first and according to the master code list the IATA code for Qantas Link is J# 

ICAO is QJE which goes to terminal 1 at Melbourne.. the custom schedule i saw for melbourne is showing in the airlines txt:

QLK, Q#, Q-LINK, Qantas Link, Australia  and the Q# as the code in the schedule so its confusing...if we use the wrong code will it be like a white paper plane?

lol...

trying to figure out how to do it correctly

They are both valid

Q#, Eastern Australia Airlines Flying the Dash

J#, Cobham Aviation Services Flying the 717

One IATA for each of the airlines that fly under the Qlink colours

If you use any IATA code that is not in the airlines txt, or more importantly in the texturepack manifest, you will get white planes

1 hour ago, hexzed said:

They are both valid

Valid for the game, but not in real life. 

1 hour ago, Fordy said:

and the Q# as the code in the schedule so its confusing

Yes, very confusing. We have two issues in play here ... the use of made up codes to get liveries and plane models into the game and the intermingled use of ICAO and IATA codes in the various real traffic files. Hopefully, a thoughtful long term approach will be undertaken with the next version instead of the current band-aid approach. 

7 hours ago, hexzed said:

If you use any IATA code that is not in the airlines txt, or more importantly in the texturepack manifest, you will get white planes

I do not know if this would work in Tower Pro, but I have managed to duplicate texture files for IATA codes that do not exist, for Tower2011

For example
A320_generic_baw.apt -> Is the A320 in BAW (BA / British Airways) livery 
Copy this and renamed ->
A320_generic_bae.apt _> This is now the A320 in BAW livery, but for BAE in the Airfields file, so that these specific BA aircraft use a specific Terminal

Cargo example 
744.apx -> Copy this and renamed ->
74F.apx
Edit the Airplanes file ->
74F -74F-BOEING 747-400F                          -WIDE BODY JET 
I have completed the same for 
77F -77F-BOEING 777-200F

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, thepropilot747 said:

Hi I am trying to create a custom schedule but I change the schedule to only one flight and still the game doesn't recognize my schedule and uses the old schedule. What should I do?

The game looks for a specific filename. Assuming you are building a KLAX schedule the filename is klax_schedule.txt. You'll want to rename or move/backup the original RT file so the game will use your file.