The simFlight Network Forums

[Tracon! 2012:SE] : Real traffic questions please

Crystal Noir

Hi, 

I know I've already posted a topic about others things that wait for answers but I have another question here. I've installed the real traffic addons on the Tracon! 2012:SE edition. It seems to work but I have some things I don't understand : 

1 - It seems that the old traffic is always here at the same as I have the new traffic ? I can see some real company like SWA....but I always have some traffic with fantasy name like N957AN ?

2 - I don't understand the red line when I CTRL click on a plane, it should tell me the route the plane has, but in fact I can see sometimes, the plane take a different route and go away from it, straight. That's the case for example with a flight in KLAS and the LAS VEGAS THREE departure, if I look the red line, after take off it should turn directly to the north-East but instead the plane go straight to the south ?

3 - Since I installed the real traffic addons, in LAS section, if I choose an other airport than KLAS for example KHND, the sim makes me control all the airport at a time, I can see departure from KLAS, KHND and others...what's wrong with that ? is there something I don't understand ?

Thank you in advance, I would like to enjoy the sim but for now, it's difficult, I hope I will understand what I am do wrong or I don't understand.

Thank you, yes I misunderstood that but I believed that the addon provide us "real company name" with a real call sign ? I'm not living US so, it's a little difficult to have a good view of some things.

If you have an idea for my other questions, my ears are opened 😄 Thank you 🙂

Tracon randomly generates GA traffic depending on what airports/runways you select as active. So, if in fact a callsign of N975AN appeared, it is just a coincidence and not meant to emulate an American Airlines plane (despite the information shared by scoobflight). I'm pretty sure the plane you saw was not a B738.

So to directly answer your questions:

1. Odds are things are working as designed.
  2. SIDs and STARs have transitions and Tracon can only show one of the paths/transitions at a time. As a result, the red line (or green line for arrivals) doesn't always match the plane's path. But, bottom line, as a controller you can make the plane go where you want it to go. If you look at the charts you'll see the possible paths. LAS3 is obsolete now, but hopefully things haven't changed too much and LAS5 will show you want you want to see.
  3. Make sure to unselect all the runways for KLAS and other airports if you just want to control a single airport like KHND.

11 hours ago, crbascott said:

Tracon randomly generates GA traffic depending on what airports/runways you select as active. So, if in fact a callsign of N975AN appeared, it is just a coincidence and not meant to emulate an American Airlines plane (despite the information shared by scoobflight). I'm pretty sure the plane you saw was not a B738.

So to directly answer your questions:

1. Odds are things are working as designed.
  2. SIDs and STARs have transitions and Tracon can only show one of the paths/transitions at a time. As a result, the red line (or green line for arrivals) doesn't always match the plane's path. But, bottom line, as a controller you can make the plane go where you want it to go. If you look at the charts you'll see the possible paths. LAS3 is obsolete now, but hopefully things haven't changed too much and LAS5 will show you want you want to see.
  3. Make sure to unselect all the runways for KLAS and other airports if you just want to control a single airport like KHND.

Thank you !, let me come back on some points

You are true, because this "traffic" I've got it before having the addon, that's why I asked for that.

1. I understood that the real traffic addon add real traffic but doesn't put the original traffic off.

2. That's the point I thought. I mean, I told me myself : "Hey your are a controller so, it's up to you to guide the plane where the "red lines" are". With some research I find that the LAS5 replace the LAS3 one but it's a little difficult to read this kind of doc for me now (I'm a beginner that love this kind of sim and flight sim in general, so ATC sim are new for me, on flight sim we have some tools that help us with procedures and have less difficulties to read this kind of doc  with some of my airports here that are...smaller and easier). Also, I re-read the manual and there is a sentence that says that "the pilot goes where the control tower told him, and will continue on this path if no one tells him what to do", so it seems that, despite the fact that the red line should be the flight plan of the pilot, I think he waits for me to guide him on his path. That seems idiot what I said, but until I have this one comes, the pilot always followed the red path, but for some particular "departure procedure" it's not the case, in fact, they take off to the north but the "red path" starts on the south of the runway and to go south with a big turn to east. If I don't say anything, the plane continue his path to the north that doesn't correspond to the pilot "flight plan".

3. Didn't know that we can select several runways on several airports at a time, I will make some tests and report you if this was the case (but I don't have a doubt, may be with my tests, I selected several runways in several airports without knowing that. For me what I had on the screen before hitting "start" is what I got, but it seems , it's not the case so I will verify.

1. What are you calling "original traffic"? All GA flights, whether you have Real Traffic or not, are automatically generated. If you don't want GA flights, you'll need to go into the Tracon airspace editor and make modifications. 
  2. I agree that the red line "should be the flight plan", but as I said before the game has shortcomings (bugs) and the plane doesn't always follow the red (departures) or green (arrivals) line for the reasons I already explained.

I call "original traffic" the ones that come with the sim without Real Traffic. On a session I can have some real traffic call sign and some fantasy like we have without the addon.

For the red line I understood but with only one plane on the scope I don't understand how the sim can fail to show me the right flight plan the plane should have. If it's a shortcoming (bug), don't know why it was never fixed. Anyway it's not a big deal.

The things I regret are the environment sounds that never play on the SE version but the alarm (the alarm sound work) but the two other sound never. May be it's a "little thing" and very important for the sim itself but break the immersion.