The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3dPro - Runway alert on Intersection Departure

NovemberFoxtrot

HI Everyone,

Im trying to work out why i got a Runway alert on this scenario

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt6ceoo8qc6z9b5/Untitled.jpg?dl=0

QFA132 has landed on 4runway 09 and is still in the roll out.

QFA444 was cleared to take off runway 16 @ Echo. 

So no collision possibly exists that i can see.

Did i do something wrong, or is there a bug with the intersection departure?

8 hours ago, NovemberFoxtrot said:

Ok, so that would be a Bug then right?

I wouldn't necessarily call it Bug. It is simply not considered in the programming that with crossing runways, airplanes start their take off procedure behind the intersection. For the game it makes no difference whether you roll onto the take-off runway in front of or behind the crossing runway.

Your runway is clear if:
a) the take-off or landing process on the crossing runway is completed. (You get the -successful takeoff/landing- message plus your 10 points.) It doesn't matter if this happens before or after the intersection. 
b) (as @hexzed wrote) the starting or landing plane has passed the intersection.

In the case of a), however, there is the possibility that minus points will still be awarded if there is no way to exit (for the arriving aircraft) in front of the intersection and the aircraft passes over the crossing runway while you have already given take-off clearance on your starting runway.

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

Your runway is clear if:
a) the take-off or landing process on the crossing runway is completed. (You get the -successful takeoff/landing- message plus your 10 points.) It doesn't matter if this happens before or after the intersection. 
b) (as @hexzed wrote) the starting or landing plane has passed the intersection.

In the case of a), however, there is the possibility that minus points will still be awarded if there is no way to exit (for the arriving aircraft) in front of the intersection and an the aircraft passes over the crossing runway while you have already given take-off clearance on your starting runway.

Sorry, but isn't B the scenario we are talking about? QFA444 started its roll past/after the cross runways at intersection E. It cant possibly be a conflict with a landing on 09.

4 hours ago, NovemberFoxtrot said:

Sorry, but isn't B the scenario we are talking about? QFA444 started its roll past/after the cross runways at intersection E. It cant possibly be a conflict with a landing on 09.

Yes and no. It's the other way around. (Sorry I didn't make myself clear.)

The landing plane QFA132 on runway 09 hasn't completed its landing or passed the intersection before you gave clearance to QFA444 on runway 16. In that moment, for the game runway 16 was not clear. In the real world it may not be a problem, but the game doesn't differentiate whether to start from before or after the intersection. It only asks if the runway is clear or not.

Only if a take-off or landing process on the crossing runway (here: 09/27) is completed or the intersection has been passed the other runway (here: 16/34, your starting runway) is clear for take-off or landing.

I hope that makes it a little more understandable. Otherwise @hexzed or another user will surely step in, because English is not my first language.

6 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Bottom-line this is another area that needs addressing in the next version as the current logic (non-programmed or bugged, take your pick) negatively impacts using real life operations at airports with intersecting runways - KLAS and KJFK are prime examples.

Not to mention KSFO!

Mel YMML

I shot a REX off YMML Rwy 16 from Taxiway E. When it started to move I cleared an A/C on 27 for t/o. It passed the 16/27 intersection before the REX was airborne. Got pinged 500 pts for that. 

Also the long landers are a problem  on 16. A 788 & 789 take further to land than an A380. Very strange 

Kev

2 hours ago, 707FAN said:

I shot a REX off YMML Rwy 16 from Taxiway E. When it started to move I cleared an A/C on 27 for t/o. It passed the 16/27 intersection before the REX was airborne. Got pinged 500 pts for that. 

Let's take it this way: It makes the game a better challenge! 😁🙄

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Kev,

The landing distances are set by @nyergesdesign for each aircraft and are not airport specific and its the same distance for every airport published.

Gary

Thanks Gary,

It was good in  the old days of Tower 2011, when we could adjust the aircraft landing speed & length etc. Perhaps in Tower 3D Mk2 we might be able to tweak some aircraft performance parameters.

Kev

• Like 1