The simFlight Network Forums
harlank

STB Airport compile stopped functioning

Hi Folks

I have no idea what to do about this error(file attached)  This started after I installed new ORBX Central.

Harlank

stb error.txt

Can you send me the file from the error message please, runways.xml?  You'll find it in the simulator installation folder.  Don't think this is related to ORBX Central, as it's Pete Dowson's tool that's generating the file.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

runways.xml is too big to attach-do you have an email I could send it to?   My email is harlank23@gmail.com

Harlan

Simon

my runways.txt is54.4 MB  The maximum size allowed here is 0.02MB.  How am I supposed to get it to you?

Harlan

Ohh. Another reason for me to wait until I take the opportunity to shift from FTX Central 3.x to Orbx Central 4.x scenery manager. 

I was wondering what would happen when you migrated various existing scenery packages installed under the old scenery process, to the Add-on xml system and whether Make Runways would find them all (or would find the old files before deletion).

Interested in your findings. 

Aussie

Make runways seem to function fine, and seems to find everything.  The problem for me occurs when I try to compile Airports

1 hour ago, harlank said:

Make runways seem to function fine, and seems to find everything.  The problem for me occurs when I try to compile Airports

That does not mean it is producing correct and valid XML.  Did you receive my email?  Please contact me via info@supertrafficboard.com

4 hours ago, Aussie1234 said:

Ohh. Another reason for me to wait until I take the opportunity to shift from FTX Central 3.x to Orbx Central 4.x scenery manager. 

I was wondering what would happen when you migrated various existing scenery packages installed under the old scenery process, to the Add-on xml system and whether Make Runways would find them all (or would find the old files before deletion).

Interested in your findings. 

Aussie

For me, ORBX Central 4 is working great.  I love the ability to install add-ons in whatever orbx library you wish, all outside the simulator.  Unfortunate about Orbx Global still having to go inside, but that's a P3D issue right now.

I didn't migrate, I actually downloaded and installed everything again.  I have all the regions, TrueEarth Netherlands and a few airports, so I'd literally just queue it up and leave it to run.  Can't say I had any troubles, and STB seems fine with the "DiscoveryPath" configuration.  I don't think it matter to make runways, because the discovery paths are just of interest to P3D to find and register new addon.xml.  Once P3D has done that, I expect make runways just picks that up from the various addon.cfg files just like it does today.

It's good to see the LM add-on.xml being so widely used now.

Thanks

Simon

Simon-

I want to let you know I solved the issue.  One of my many freeware addons was creating the problem.

Harlan Sandberg

Thanks Simon, - for the update.

Good to hear STB works fine with the new locations etc. I see you didn't migrate. I need to get my head around everything and replan before I jump in.

My main PC (only for P3D flying) is about 3 years old. I have a 500GB SSD (C:) that I use for everything. It has Win 10, LM P3d, and all my Orbx scenery (plus Prosim system, STB server etc). It works great and loads very fast. I also have two 2TB spinning Hard drives for back up etc. The 500GB SSD drive is now about 75% full. MY thoughts: If I install Orbx Central should I migrate everything onto the spinning disk. If I migrate everything on the SSD I am going to run out of SSD space before I can delete the existing files. But I like the speed of the SSD. Going to have to think about it. Might need to install a new companion 1GB SSD for Orbx scenery before starting? What do you think?

Aussie

On 8/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, harlank said:

Hi Folks

I have no idea what to do about this error(file attached)  This started after I installed new ORBX Central.

Harlank

stb error.txt

It looks like you have some problems in your add-ons that are causing problems elsewhere.  I don't think makerunways is to blame, it's probably just replicating what it finds in the AFP.  Below are examples of the problems, you will see MX09 has invalid characters in the "Country" setting.  The BGL supplying this airport may need to be investigated by its author.

<ICAO id="MX09">
<ICAOName>Talpa de Allende Airport</ICAOName>
<Country>M=¤xico</Country>
<State>Jal=¤sco</State>

<City>Talpa de Allende</City>
<File>D:\Prepar 3D Addons II\Freeware\Mexico\scenery\MX09_ADEP1_FAG.BGL</File>
<SceneryName>Mexico</SceneryName>
<Longitude>-104.826500</Longitude>
<Latitude>20.370619</Latitude>
<Altitude>3788</Altitude>
<MagVar>-7.000</MagVar>

<ICAO id="MMRM">