The simFlight Network Forums

No longer can read from, or write to, (new) Lvars

I'm running FSX Steam Edition on Windows 7 using  FSUIPC4, Version 4.974 and LINDA Version 3.0.12.810, and have been for some time now. Never really had any problems before, except for a little glitch with LINDA at setup over my throttle quadrants. I've been writing my own lua scripts, and they've been running just fine up until the middle of last week. Now, however, if a newly-created function attempts to write to, or read from, a Lvars, nothing happens. I can see the function called, I can trace the button as it is activated and deactivated, but the LVar value itself does not change. As well, if I remove a function that has been working, make and save any changes to the user.lib, and then paste that function back inside, it no longer works. 

For example, this function had been working, until I removed it for a revised version. When the revised version didn't work, I deleted it and pasted the original back, but now that one no longer works, either. The function actually runs, because it takes 6 seconds to complete and permit subsequent functions to execute. 

function All_Magnetos_Off_a ()

ipc.writeLvar("L:Magnetos1Switch",0)
    ipc.sleep(1500)

ipc.writeLvar("L:Magnetos2Switch",0)
    ipc.sleep(1500)

ipc.writeLvar("L:Magnetos3Switch", 0)
    ipc.sleep(1500)

ipc.writeLvar("L:Magnetos4Switch",0)
    ipc.sleep(1500)

end

I've no idea what's up, but it's intensely frustrating. 

20 minutes ago, Masterius said:

For example, this function had been working, until I removed it for a revised version. When the revised version didn't work, I deleted it and pasted the original back, but now that one no longer works, either. The function actually runs, because it takes 6 seconds to complete and permit subsequent functions to execute. 

Well, FSUIPC 4.974 wouldn't have changed itself. 

Have you updated or changed the relevant aircraft?

A log from the log Lvars lua plug-in would be useful.

22 minutes ago, Masterius said:

the LVar value itself does not change.

And you know this how? By using the logging?

Pete

23 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, FSUIPC 4.974 wouldn't have changed itself. 

I didn't think it had.

Have you updated or changed the relevant aircraft?

Negative to both.

A log from the log Lvars lua plug-in would be useful.

I'll try and record that.

And you know this how? By using the logging?

I also use LINDA, which permits real-time observation of button executions. I could see the button operating, see the execution of the script, but not see the Lvar change. However, when I manually switched the magnetos in-game, I could see the Lvar values change.

Al

12 hours ago, Masterius said:

I also use LINDA, which permits real-time observation of button executions. I could see the button operating, see the execution of the script, but not see the Lvar change. However, when I manually switched the magnetos in-game, I could see the Lvar values change

Ah! LINDA use is different and I don't know it so cannot help. Please check with their support.

Pete