The simFlight Network Forums

ADIRS on a Second Monitor

FS1TR

Hi FS1TR,

Just a couple of thoughts. Have you clicked in the little circle at the top of the main screen to see if they reappear? If they do you may be able to drag them outside the main screen then. Also do you have your main screen spread across both screens when you click the little double screen icon? If you do it may be confusing the program as it is trying to put them outside the main window but there is nowhere to go, try putting the main screen on one monitor if that's the case.

Just some ideas which I hope may help.

Graham

13 hours ago, Salad said:

Hi FS1TR,

Just a couple of thoughts. Have you clicked in the little circle at the top of the main screen to see if they reappear? If they do you may be able to drag them outside the main screen then. Also do you have your main screen spread across both screens when you click the little double screen icon? If you do it may be confusing the program as it is trying to put them outside the main window but there is nowhere to go, try putting the main screen on one monitor if that's the case.

Just some ideas which I hope may help.

Graham

Yes, If I click the circle at the top the window will reappear.  None of your other suggestions will work because I cannot undock the window.  As soon as I click,  the window flashes and disappears.  I never get any control of the undocked window.

4 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Have you played/searched around the Nvidia control panel to see if your system has some odd setting that is messing with opening independent windows?

To the hive-mind: what are other users' settings for their Nvidia and can move windows to second screens?

The only other place that I have opened and undocked a window is P3D Flight Simulator and it works fine there.

hexzed: I don't know what you mean by "open a second window of the same kind"

Can you share the output_log.txt file from your mmwindow_Data folder? 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\mmwindow\mmwindow_Data

Or please try running the adirs.bat, dbrite.bat, or strips.bat files and get the logs so we can check them out. 

In the meanwhile, you can try uninstalling and installing T3DP to see if it helps solving the problem. Sometimes these reinstallations work miracles. 🙂

While working/playing on  my computer, I came across Acronis True Image. In addition to its usual backup, I noticed that it was running a programs called "
Acronis Active Protection." The pop-up window for this program indicates that it protects against ransomware. Being always suspicious, I turned it off.  Lo and behold, I can now open Tower 3d windows without them disappearing. 

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help. I will now go and see if this capability improves my game play.

Tom

• Like 1