The simFlight Network Forums

How to connect TQ FSUIPC to ProSim

Hello All,

I am having some issues getting my TQ to work. It's a TQ I purchased from FlightSimPm in 2014. Not very well put together but I should be able to use it. It has a BU0836X controller. The directions that came with the TQ suggest configuring the throttles, flaps, spoiler in FSX. I did that. The rest is to be done with FSUIPC. So under add-ons I open FSUIPC and under buttons I put in the reverses, TOGA, Auto pilot disengage, parking brakes and fuel cutoffs. The directions say that the stabilizer switches cannot be done either way so I skipped that. So anyway that was all there was. None of the FSUIPC stuff works. In prosim under config there are entries for these items with fsuipc as possible connections but it looks as though you need some sort of offsets or something? How can I connect this stuff to prosim? I checked the box for direct joystick input under drivers but made no difference. Not sure how to get this all to work. Seems like something is missing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Paul

14 hours ago, pff said:

None of the FSUIPC stuff works

Testing this how? Is this with P3D4 or a different simulator.

Please try to use the Logging facilities (Logging Tab)  to see what is happening. You can log both axes and buttons.

If you can't figure it out from that we'd need to see these files from the Modules folder: (They'll be FSUIPC4 ... if you are using P3D3 or earlier, or FSX):

FSUIPC5.INI
FSUIPC5.LOG
FSUIPC5.joyscan.csv

14 hours ago, pff said:

In prosim under config there are entries for these items with fsuipc as possible connections but it looks as though you need some sort of offsets or something? How can I connect this stuff to prosim? I checked the box for direct joystick input under drivers but made no difference.

No, you don't need to use offsets for ProSim. You can assign axes directly once you enable the directInput driver.

For help with ProSim you need to go to their Forums. That's where I have to go for help with my ProSim setup!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Attached is the FSUIPC4.INI and FSUIPC.LOG there is no joyscan file. The version of FSUIPC I'm using was purchased in 2014 so maybe that feature wasn't there yet.

Yesterday I discovered that ProSim lets me assign TQ switches simply by toggling the switch and assigning. How nice! And those functions work too. I am using FSX not P3D.

Best Regards,
Paul

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

Edited by pff

1. Please update your FSUIPC. We cannot support old versions. (You don't purchase a specific release. All updates to FSUIPC4 are free.)

2. You are also using the original bug-ridden version of FSX. There were two free updates, both free.

3. You have no axes assigned in FSUIPC, just plenty of buttons or switches on several devices. 

I ask again: how did you test?  What does the log show when you enable button logging and press buttons or operate switches?

If you are trying to operate buttons and switches in ProSim, then note that there are no direct ProSim assignments possible in FSUIPC. FSUIPC talks to Flight SIM, so will deal Flight SIM aircraft. FSUIPC is not specific to other add-ons.

Please ensure you update FSUIPC before posting again.

Pete

The cockpit I'm building was started shortly after I sold my helicopter in 2014. I have been a real pilot since 1973 but after retiring (retired mathematician from University of Wisconsin) it had become too much time and expense. I've owned many aircraft. As you probably know it's very time consuming. At any rate building this cockpit is just a part time hobby for me. I am not the most IT conversant as I learned mathematics when everyone used slide rules. So when you suggest I just do an update that is no small task for me. First of all I would need to locate them. I looked on your website and only saw the new version downloads. Same with FSX. I wouldn't even know where to look for updates as it is my understanding FSX was sold to Lockheed? And yes it is buggy and I would love a newer version but that would mean doing everything over again and I'm afraid I just don't recall how I got all of this to work in the first place. I tinker with it a few months a year so I forget. Sorry but my age is slowing me down. I try my best but much of this is stuff I've never seen before. Ugh!

2 hours ago, pff said:

So when you suggest I just do an update that is no small task for me. First of all I would need to locate them. I looked on your website and only saw the new version downloads.

If you mean the Schiratti website, then the link there for FSUIPC4 says it is for 4.971, but will actually download the latest there is (the owner of the website doesn't unpate it much).

Otherwise this is the only "website" dealing with FSUIPC. I don't know where you are seeing "the new version downloads". Can you explain?

The only other official place for Downloads of my software is just above, in the "Download Links" subforum, here:

2 hours ago, pff said:

I wouldn't even know where to look for updates as it is my understanding FSX was sold to Lockheed?

No, that was a commerical derivative of FSX called ESP and which has been substantially developed as Prepar3D. In fact a license to develop FSX further was sold to DoveTail Games who released several versions via the Steam system called FSX-SE ("Steam Edition"). Kept me very busy doing FSUIPC4 devlopments for too many years. That version is also finished.  (Microsoft have announced plans for a new Flight Simulator next year).

The official Microsoft site for the FSX updates has long gone Just a quick use of "Google" just found this place

https://www.patches-scrolls.com/flight_simulator_x.php

I checked the links for the SP1 and SP2 updates and they still appear to work fine!

2 hours ago, pff said:

I would love a newer version but that would mean doing everything over again

No, updates don't change your settings (unless you delete them). Only replacement versions, like going from FSX to Prepar3D.

2 hours ago, pff said:

Sorry but my age is slowing me down.

Well, ProSim is pretty advanced stuff for a beginner. I know about slowing down though. I'm 76, and trying hard to become officially retired, so FSUIPC4 is no longer being developed and my son has taken over FSUIPC5 development, leaving me to tinker with my own P3D4 based 737NG cockpit and, yes, using ProSim.

I only got into flight sims because I couldn't get a Pilot's Licence through tunnel vision (caused by hereditary Retinitis Pigmentosa).

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for you reply. Sorry to hear about you vision holding you back. That stinks. Oddly, I lost the lens on my right eye in 1989 do to trauma (a nail flew up and hit my eye). I was able to continue to fly under special provisions. They made me take special check rides and fill out a lot of paper work from my eye doctor. I had no trouble flying at all. Recently, the FAA passed a rule that allows you to fly if you have a valid drivers license. So for the third class you do not need to take the bi-annual flight surgeon physical. You're just required to go over some routine stuff with you regular doctor and make a note of it in your logbook. Of course this is just for the third class pilots license. If you are a commercial or ATP you need the more complete physical. Does the UK maybe have a similar program? I know my flight surgeon complained for years about how ridiculous the third class physicals were. And that they were not needed.

Thanks for the links Pete! I've been reading on the internet of many folks saying that when they updated FSX under windows 10 it never worked right again. I fear if I apply these updates I'll have a broken FSX. I truly regret getting a sim computer that had windows 10 on it. What an awful excuse for an operating system it is. It is just terrible to work with. I had one of the very first version too. Got this sim computer in 2014 specifically to run ProSim and FSX. Little did I know the trouble it would create. Windows 7 was so easy to work with. So I am reluctant to update FSX for fear of destroying FSX. Do you think it would just be better to update to P3D? That's what you did yes?

I downloaded a copy of FSUIPC4 4.971 and will run the update this morning. That I am not worried about. The directions a quite clear and it seems like it should be easy to do.

Thank you so much for your help Pete. It is much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi Pete,

Well finally got around to installing service packs 1 and 2. I tried to install sp1 but get an error message that says: Internal Error 2329. 32, c:/Config.msi/6859d.rbf ? tried several times. No good. Won't install. Windows 10 strikes again. This has been the story with this computer since I got it. Every thing I try to do turns into this. Windows 10 will not let you use the computer. At every turn it blocks any attempts to change anything. It is absurd. If I uninstall FSX and try to change to P3D I'll just run into all the same problems all over again. Windows 10 has ruined this computer. It's pretty bad when you cannot do a simply thing like update software.

On 8/28/2019 at 3:05 PM, pff said:

Oddly, I lost the lens on my right eye in 1989 do to trauma (a nail flew up and hit my eye). I was able to continue to fly under special provisions. They made me take special check rides and fill out a lot of paper work from my eye doctor. I had no trouble flying at all. Recently, the FAA passed a rule that allows you to fly if you have a valid drivers license.

Sorry to hear about your eye accident. Interesting about the rule changes.

I know that one-eyed flying is allowed, but that does require an adequate field of view in that remaining eye. My problem was not width to my vision in either eye. And five years after failing the medical for flying I failed the mediacal for a driving license.

These days I travel by bus, train or aircraft but only as a passenger!

On 8/28/2019 at 3:05 PM, pff said:

I downloaded a copy of FSUIPC4 4.971

I think that must have been 4.974, the current version?

Pete