The simFlight Network Forums

Community Project - New Livery Requests for RC KSFO (San Francisco)

hexzed

4 hours ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

dude I was implying that there is a new livery for WestJet as it is on the B789 and I have looked at pictures of WestJet and the other aircraft that WestJet has, have the airlines new livery to, so I was saying that this airline should get the new livery on their jets to, you didn't have to be so rude when you said that you know.

There is no implying in this thread. There either is or isn't a flight coming into San Francisco. The links you provided quite clearly show the old livery on the Westjet aircraft. If you have a link of the new livery, on an aircraft, that is arriving or departing San Francisco then it will be taken into consideration.

We shouldn't have to keep explaining this basic fact, that is explicitly stated in the original post.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

dude I was implying that there is a new livery for WestJet as it is on the B789 and I have looked at pictures of WestJet and the other aircraft that WestJet has, have the airlines new livery to, so I was saying that this airline should get the new livery on their jets to, you didn't have to be so rude when you said that you know.

Westjet's new livery is only on the 789's and a few of the 737 Max's, there are still old livery Max's in the fleet. The entire -600, -700, -800 fleet are in the old livery.

Getting back on topic...... United has a presence in SFO and a new livery https://onemileatatime.com/united-new-livery/  .  Now re-designing the whole fleet would be too much work but how about all the Heavies?  Or maybe all the 737s (737, 738, 739, etc.)  That way it could look like real life as a mixture of new and old paint jobs, especially since United said it might take several years for entire fleet to be re-painted.  Any thoughts?

On 9/8/2019 at 2:16 AM, OneNothing said:

Getting back on topic...... United has a presence in SFO and a new livery https://onemileatatime.com/united-new-livery/  .  Now re-designing the whole fleet would be too much work but how about all the Heavies?  Or maybe all the 737s (737, 738, 739, etc.)  That way it could look like real life as a mixture of new and old paint jobs, especially since United said it might take several years for entire fleet to be re-painted.  Any thoughts?

The 738 could be updated, as it was in CYVR. 

Since that is the only 1 that has been updated, it would be a bit unrealistic to update any more at this stage since the moniker is "real". 

• Haha 1

AVA  AV Avianca Airlines A20N

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n779av

ASA  AS  Alaska Airlines  A21N

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n921va

AIJ    4O      Interjet   A20N

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/xa-jrm

HAL  HA  Hawaiian Airlines  A21N

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n205ha

• Like 1

So before this posting gets jumped on right away; I already know United is listing this as a Skywest jet and that there is already a E175 color for Skywest. However, from our discussion earlier about possibly updating the RC for Horizon Air with Alaskaguy's posts even though it posted also as Skywest; could it be possible to add an E175 United Express RC to say something along the lines of Air Shuttle (YV ASH)? Since we already have the United Express CR7 and E170 marked in the listings for Air Shuttle just so that we can see it at KSFO? Its all up to Gabor and the ND RC team but just give it some thought. Here is the info I found for it.

ASH   YV   Air Shuttle  E175

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n205sy

27 minutes ago, ashman99 said:

So before this posting gets jumped on right away; I already know United is listing this as a Skywest jet and that there is already a E175 color for Skywest. However, from our discussion earlier about possibly updating the RC for Horizon Air with Alaskaguy's posts even though it posted also as Skywest; could it be possible to add an E175 United Express RC to say something along the lines of Air Shuttle (YV ASH)? Since we already have the United Express CR7 and E170 marked in the listings for Air Shuttle just so that we can see it at KSFO? Its all up to Gabor and the ND RC team but just give it some thought. Here is the info I found for it.

ASH   YV   Air Shuttle  E175

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n205sy

You ask a lot more eloquently, so it could be taken into consideration. There is a limit on the amount of liveries to be added, so to be honest this will be down the bottom of the list since Mesa Airlines do not fly into San Francisco

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hexzed said:

You ask a lot more eloquently, so it could be taken into consideration. There is a limit on the amount of liveries to be added, so to be honest this will be down the bottom of the list since Mesa Airlines do not fly into San Francisco

Noted! Thanks for the response @hexzed. Honestly, it isn't a big deal if it's not considered; it was just an idea I thought about after posting the listing just before on the multiple A20Ns and A21Ns. Just giving ideas since not too many people are posting rc ideas on the forum but I can easily get by with the Skywest rc already in the schedule. 🙂

1 minute ago, ashman99 said:

Noted! Thanks for the response @hexzed. Honestly, it isn't a big deal if it's not considered; it was just an idea I thought about after posting the listing just before on the multiple A20Ns and A21Ns. Just giving ideas since not too many people are posting rc ideas on the forum but I can easily get by with the Skywest rc already in the schedule. 🙂

You may have noticed that i posted the Avianca and Alaska ones already 😉 But your Interjet and Hawaiian have a very high probability of making it in 😀

1 minute ago, hexzed said:

You may have noticed that i posted the Avianca and Alaska ones already 😉 But your Interjet and Hawaiian have a very high probability of making it in 😀

Ah my apologies! Yes, I forgot you had already listed those in your original post at the very beginning. I had just did some researching tonight and found the Interjet and Hawaiian flights, then saw the Avianca and got excited. Beat me to the punch! 😄

2 hours ago, hexzed said:

Plus Mesa also flies for American Airlines. But, as you said, they don’t file to SFO so this is moot. 

Ok so final list for San Francisco update, that meets the criteria stated in the first post

AIJ    4O    INTERJET                            A20N  
ASA    AS    ALASKA AIRLINES            A21N  
AVA    AV    AVIANCA                            A20N  
CES    MU    CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES    B77W  
FBU    BF    FRENCH BEE                      A359  
FFT    F9    FRONTIER AIRLINES         A20N  
HAL    HA    HAWAIIAN AIRLINES        A21N 
QXE    QX    HORIZON AIR                    E175
SCX    SY    SUN COUNTRY                  B738 

SWA    WN    SOUTHWEST AIRLINES           B737
SWA    WN    SOUTHWEST AIRLINES           B738

UAL     UA    UNITED AIRLINES                      B78X

To be considered

WJA   WS    WESTJET    Not new, but not currently in SFO RC pack

Remember not all liveries here are guaranteed to be updated

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

I cant wait see what new liveries will be added to ksfo

The previous two iterations of this community project (KJFK and EDDM) took 4-5 months from request to delivery. So if form holds, we're looking at January/February for an SP for RC-KSFO to be delivered.