The simFlight Network Forums

Need 64-bit fsuipc_java.dll file?

Does anyone have a 64 bit dll file provided in the FSUIPC_SDK? 

There's no way from my knowledge to convert a 32 bit dll to a 64 bit dll. So I am kinda out of luck 😞

I'm trying to give my Jar to other people so that they can use my discord channel changer, but unfortunately it also means that they need a 32 bit JVM installed. 

Pete I'm not sure if you're the one who made the fsuipc_java.dll file but if possible updating it would be awesome.

Appreciate all the help!

Crazz

Edited by crazzmc

Hi Crazz,

According to the documentation, the FSUIPC java interface was provided by Mark Burton (mark.burton@zenobyte.com). All sources are provided, so it should be possible to update this to a 64-bit dll. I can add to the SDK if anyone wants to take this on, otherwise I could take a look at some point but it will be quite a while before I have time to look into this. 

Cheers,

John

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, John Dowson said:

Hi Crazz,

According to the documentation, the FSUIPC java interface was provided by Mark Burton (mark.burton@zenobyte.com). All sources are provided, so it should be possible to update this to a 64-bit dll. I can add to the SDK if anyone wants to take this on, otherwise I could take a look at some point but it will be quite a while before I have time to look into this. 

Cheers,

John

image.png

Hey John thanks for the reply. I have never worked with C or dlls so not really sure how to do this, but I can ask a few friends to help me out given that the source is there.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:57 AM, John Dowson said:

You could also compile your jar as a 32-bit "one-jar" and provide that. But it does look like your users would need to install a 32-bit JVM as well.

Yeah for now I created an exe from my jar and run it through an installer that downloads the 32 bit jvm for them so for now I have this work around 🙂

• 7 months later...

Hi Patrick,

this sounds like it would be interesting (I was a java developer for 20+ years), but unfortunately I have no time at all to look into this at the moment or for the foreseeable future. I will make a note though to take a look at some point, but I can't see this happening until much later in the year.

Regards,

John

Hi Everyone,

I had a go at sorting this out and I think I've it working for 64bit Java. Attached is a zip containing:

• fsuipc_java64.dll - This is the Java/C wrapper around the 64bit version of the C User Lib (Version 2).
  • fsuipc64.jar - The FSUIPC Jar library compiled to use the new 64bit wrapper.

Everything should work exactly the same as the 32-bit versions.

I've tested it on WideClient 7.1.5.6 and it works fine.

I cannot test it directly connected to a flight sim because I don't have any 64bit Sims. I doesn't work connecting directly to 32-bit sims but I'm pretty sure that's to be expected. I don't think "UIPC64_SDK_C_version2" works with FSUIPC3 or 4. Perhaps John can confirm.

I took the liberty of adding a new function called "GetResult()" which returns an int. This is useful to get the error code after a process() or open() fails. I needed this while I was testing.

If these files work I will give John the new source so he can add it to the SDK.

Paul

FSUIPC_JAVA64.zip