The simFlight Network Forums

No Real Traffic. Install Order Issue?

Agrajag

So Support sent me a link for the BMT Micro version of the program (I had an older Amazon Game Library version) and I installed it. Great support, thanks. However, now none of my airports have Real airlines (Color). 

I then re-installed all my add-on packages (including RC for all of them) and none of them are working. Is there some magic order to do this in or some simple fix to this to get this to stick? Just back from a vacation weekend and eager to play, but just can't get into fake airlines.

UPDATE: Odd. I launched KSFO and it appears to have RC. So then I quit back to the Main Menu and loaded KPHL. It also had RC. They all seem to have it now when just before this none of them did. Any idea what's up?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, hexzed said:

Ok and what do you have in the airplanes folder

/Texturepacks

airplanes_pack1

airplanes_pack1.manifest

/Texturepacks has two files each for "airplanes_texpack#" and airplanes_texpack#.manifest where # is 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 & 11.

2 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Ok well that all seems ok. Not sure what the issue could have been?

Well, here's hoping it doesn't "undo" itself. It was surreal. Every airport I owned had the fake airlines in it (not sure about Real Traffic) and then I got to SFO and suddenly everything had real airlines across all airports. This was after several restarts.

Well, now this is a bummer. I just loaded up the game and now I'm down to just the three default airports.... And they're not RC....

I did nothing. I literally had it working 100% last night, did a few five-minute sessions to be sure. Quit, came back today (My PC stays on all night) and re-loaded to this.

Well, now this is a bummer. I just loaded up the game and now I'm down to just the three default airports.... And they're not RC.... I did nothing. I literally had it working 100% last night, did a few five-minute sessions to be sure. Quit, came back today (My PC stays on all night) and re-loaded to this.

I did solve this myself and it's just as strange. The shortcut for the app was the culprit. Launching from the folder directly worked, but the shortcut didn't have anything in the "Start In" setting so it was not finding whatever files it was looking for. 

15 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

So I understand it´s working correctly now? If not please uninstall everything and reinstall in this order: 

Tower3DPro

Airports

Real Traffic

Real Colors 

It is. Thanks Ariel. Will keep that order in mind for future (assuming I can remember)....