The simFlight Network Forums

DUBAI AIRPORT - OMDB HAS BEEN RELEASED

FeelThere_Vic

Vic, could you pls hire someone to check your email before it's sent to us... "Dubai out now" looks great but going to the LFPG page when you click the link???? Embedding a link is not rocket science now is it 😉

Willem

PS just kidding about the hiring part, I don't mind if you check them yourself 😉

Fun airport and looks good.  Hard to get the multi character and 10+ labeled taxiways to respond but should not break the ability to play. 
Definitely needs a custom schedule.  Finishing up another one I was working on and may start one for here. 

Only oddity I had which may be normal but bugs me (hah) is that arrivals on 12R stay on ADIRS until practically touching down before moving to DBRITE.  They look like a departure at that point on the maps vs seeing it coming in from farther out.  Not sure if its based on the altitude as they are higher up over the early portions of the airport.  

Anywho a cool airport and looks good.

To Vic,

I just wanted to say I played my first session at OMDB, and just wanted to say WELL DONE!  The airport looks and works very well.  Just looking at the map, it seems like it would be rather boring, but turns out to be the opposite.  Part of it is all the heavies.  Another part of it is that the tower is positioned right in the middle of the action with excellent up close views of the gates and taxiways on both sides.  Thirdly, you guys did a fantastic job with the cut away camera; it's great to see you trying new things 9though it would be need if you could go back and do the same with some of the older airports).  There is just  something about being surrounded by all those A380s and 777s moving back and forth on both sides of you that really gets the blood running.  If he gave it a try,  I'm sure even CRBASCOTT would have a good time 😉  [Don't take that the wrong way; I just miss your passion for and contributions to the game.]

Regards,

Andrew

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avwriter said:

If he gave it a try,  I'm sure even CRBASCOTT would have a good time

It's the same game engine plus I've never paid full price for a DLC. So, it will be a while at best and more than likely not at all.

3 hours ago, Avwriter said:

[Don't take that the wrong way; I just miss your passion for and contributions to the game.]

I miss it too. 😢 

• Like 1

This is certainly the best airport released by FeelThere for the game so far. Graphically it’s significantly higher than many others (LFPG was nothing short of embarrassing) and the games play is fantastic and a real challenge to operate.

However - the RealTraffic schedule is awful and is missing HUGE amounts of traffic. Please can this be given an urgent update?? I know some key contributing members of this community who were creating custom schedules are no-longer willing to do so - so it’s key that RT is actually representative of REAL TRAFFIC!

Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 3

Hi All,

I have the latest airport Dubai. I find it extremely boring or am I missing something? I have the latest RC and RT installed. I go back to my favorite airports that are fast paced like JFK, LAX, ATL. 

Please tell me that someone has an updated schedule in the works. If I could I would make one but my computer talents are not that good. I love the customs scheds that are available. You guys are fantastic! I use a custom schedule on all my airports by various authors or programmers.

Give me a hint. Is there one in the making for Dubai?

No complaining Feelthere, I have all your add ons. 

Cheers to All

51 minutes ago, rmcglew said:

Hi All,

I have the latest airport Dubai. I find it extremely boring or am I missing something? I have the latest RC and RT installed. I go back to my favorite airports that are fast paced like JFK, LAX, ATL. 

Please tell me that someone has an updated schedule in the works. If I could I would make one but my computer talents are not that good. I love the customs scheds that are available. You guys are fantastic! I use a custom schedule on all my airports by various authors or programmers.

Give me a hint. Is there one in the making for Dubai?

No complaining Feelthere, I have all your add ons. 

Cheers to All

It's only been out a couple of days.  I am sure there will be some user-made schedules coming soon; to do good ones takes time.  As mentioned earlier, ATC Joe intends to do one. Personally, I hope that Battlehawk77 might do one of his full week treatments, the way he did for Vancouver and Melbourne.  We will just have to wait and see.  Alternatively, you could try doing one of your own.  In the meantime, try controlling during the mid-morning hours on the RT schedule.  It's pretty busy then.

Andrew

I just looked at the Real Traffic schedule for OMDB and there are a total of 632 flights with the peak hour being 04:00 with 36 flights (20 arrivals and 16 departures).

According to Real Traffic, CYVR is busier than OMDB. 🤔

Looking at recent OMDB's flights on FlightAware it appears the typical day is easily 1000 flights or more.  @nyergesdesign and @FeelThere, would you consider re-doing the RT schedule as it really appears that is not representative of a typical day at OMDB?  The airport is getting solid reviews, the schedule is getting quite the opposite.

Again, the real volume at OMDB alone (no need for cargo flights from a neighboring airport) should be be enough to satisfy your loyal customer base.   

@FeelThereI know that but I have always felt that the success of your product(s) and my customer satisfaction is also tied to quality RT/RC offerings. I personally feel RT/RC needs to be improved substantially now and  for the next version. Right now I see it as a necessary evil and  it could very well be a critical go/no go factor for me and the next version.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Craig,

You are tagging the wrong team. FeelThere has absolutely nothing to do with RC and RT, but I think you already knew it.

Vic

Hi!

I think that Craig had every right to state what he did. FeelThere and Nyerges Design have at the very least, a symbiotic relationship with regards to product offerings.
You are being somewhat disingenuous in stating " FeelThere has absolutely nothing to do with RC and RT", and furthermore, your snarky comment appended to that, "...but I think you already knew it." is not only dismissive of someone who has provided a huge amount of support to many on this forum, but also somewhat petty.

Thanks
BLB (Peter)

In crbscott's defense, I would further point out that there is not a separate forum for Nyerges Design.  Moreover, he is right that the two products are intimately connected.  This is not about laying blame, and making people feel bad.  The point is to learn from past mistakes and turn a fairly good product into a Fantastic one.  Nyerges does a great job with liveries and models.  The Nyerges schedules, however, have been consistently problematic all the way back to the Tower2011 days (namely that they include unrealistically low traffic levels).  Surely, there is a way that this could be resolved, considering that some of their customers manage to regularly produce schedules in their spare time that are light years better (even including entire weeks of traffic instead of just a single day, and breaking schedules into snippets that ensure that all of the traffic shows up for a given hour).  I am ever grateful to the users here who produce custom schedules, but if they can do it for free in their spare time, it seems like Nyerges might try a little harder to improve his process, since he is asking us to pay for it.  Again, I am not questioning the integrity of either Nyerges or FeelThere. I know that you guys are honest, but this is an issue that one way or another needs to be solved; others here have shown that this technical hurdle can be overcome.

Andrew

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Folks, Gabor has been notified and is aware of the issue and as always is willing to work on it. 🙂  We just ask for a little patience please 🙂

Thank you for taking the initiative here promptly, Ariel.  Your responsiveness makes a big difference.

Andrew

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1