The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 2011 - EGLL (Heathrow) - advice

21 minutes ago, crbascott said:

From the bottom of page 21 of the Tower!2011 manual:

Continuous Tower! 2011 controlling time is limited to four hours. This limitation is similar to real-
world mandatory break restrictions for air traffic controllers, and the game's scheduler logic
limitation for airport traffic. If you wish to control for longer than four hours just restart play by
pressing the START button on the Tower/Select Simulation page; you do not need to close the
program.

eeek, never noticed that!
Limit for operators at EGLL is 2 hours, followed by a 30 minute break
That was what I was using
I did complete one shift from 07:00 to 10:00, that was about the limit of what is physically possible!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am nearly ready to release my "heavily modified" EGLL Tower 2011 version, updated to real world Schedule from Summer 2019 It has taken me some time, not helped by the many Windows 10 updates that

I think I have had my first Go Around Delta B764 arrival on runway 27R Cleared to Land, as required However, when it visually appeared it was higher than normal It passed over the runway and

Two steps forward, one step back I am exhaustively testing each change I make before release As you can see above the latest issue was trying to get aircraft from Terminal 4 to use the correct int

Posted Images

On 10/21/2020 at 8:33 PM, crbascott said:

From the bottom of page 21 of the Tower!2011 manual:

Continuous Tower! 2011 controlling time is limited to four hours. 

Wow, what a difference
My previous problem / issue with the FlyBe duplicate aircraft has also disappeared
Such a shame we never noticed at the time
I have now used 5.0 hours as the standard schedule (06:00, 10:00, 15:00 and 19:00 start times)
It looks as if I might be able to remove the need to use remote stands as well!

I think I have had my first Go Around

Delta B764 arrival on runway 27R
Cleared to Land, as required
However, when it visually appeared it was higher than normal
It passed over the runway and continued on the same heading

As a result I instructed the departure on the parallel runway to turn left 45 degrees, to avoid any chance of a penalty

The Delta did not make any communication
It never reappeared for arrival

• Confused 2