The simFlight Network Forums

Communication of a PLC with FSX for DIY SImulator Project using FSUIPC

Dear Experts and members,

I am new to this forum and also don't have much idea about how FSX & FSUIPC interconnect, specially what is the output format of FSUIPC. I read on different forums and threads that we can build a simulator using FSUIPC software and arduino but no one talked about the PLC and i want to do this. All i want to know that which type of output FSUIPC software provide and how can i get the data from this software. For example if i have PC with FSX installed and i bought the license of FSUIPC then how can i get the data or which file give me the values to control my motors and different gadgets etc?

Your earlier response will be highly appreciable.

Thanks in advance 

Hi,

by installing FSUIPC from Download section above it will install as well all Manual's In \Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder of your FS path. All information about value/data you can read/ write are in FSUIPC5 Offsets Status.pdf .

There is also a SDK available in Download section with an example in different programming languages. An excellent easy to use .Net library by Paul Henty is also available in the sub-Forum above

FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET

Support forum for Paul Henty's FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET programming.

To read/write data/values to/from FS there is no licence needed. The licence is required for the user facilities of FSUIPC, they are all described in the Manuals.

FOR FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D

Install complete FSUIPC version 4.974 Install FSUIPC4.974 for FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D versions 2.5, 3.0 - 3.4 (32-bit only: all versions to date of release)
Changes since 4.96 are now included in the History document in the FSUIPC Documents folder supplemented by the Changes document in the ZIP.

FSUIPC 4.974b DLL only, for current 4.974 users FSUIPC4974b.zip
-- This interim update provides an improved Lua ext library. Those included functions operating on external application windows now more reliably find and act on the top level window, as generally necessary to have effective keyboard and state changes (min/max etc) recognised and acted upon.

FOR Prepar3D 4 (64-bit)

Install complete FSUIPC version 5.152 Install FSUIPC5.152
This is the 64-bit version. Please see the History document installed for you in the FSUIPC Documents folder for details of the changes since the very first release, 5.10.
IMPORTANT: 5.124 and later versions are only suitable for use with P3D version 4.1 and later!  They will not work correctly with version 4.0.

N.B. An up-to-date list of assignable P3D4 controls is now produced automatically, in the PDF Documents folder, each time FSUIPC5 is used with a new build of P3D.

A list of changes in included in the downloaded ZIP file. Please do note the point about Mouse Macros needing re-making when you update P3D to version 4.4 or later.

Thomas