The simFlight Network Forums

OMDB - Custom Schedule for 9/14/2019

Ripskin

Well I played Dubai a second time with the Real Traffic schedule and while fun I know the airport is busier and I really wanted to play the very well designed and well mapped airport with actual traffic so I pulled the data for Saturday the 14th and made a schedule.

I test loaded the completed schedule to ensure it loaded without issue which it did.  I played through 4 am without any problems (other than my errors :p) as well.  I have not played the other periods just yet.  In total there are 1056 handles to enjoy. 

I broke the day up into several periods you can reference the grouped folders against the below chart.  I didn't want the airport to be empty for some of the slower periods as an explanation for the groupings.

image.png.e41cbecbab9233aeaa37590eb7e66c6a.png

I will be playing through more periods looking for any errors or problems.  I may have put a few airlines at the wrong terminal.  Some I could not find listings for or flight data showing where they parked but tried to be accurate.  Will correct as I find mistakes and feel free to post any you find. If they are things I can I will correct.

Video of 4am Play Through

Download Here and I hope you enjoy!

Edit: 9/16 - Corrected a flight
Edit: 9/17 - Corrected some aircraft
Edit: 9/25 - Replaced Terminal File with one from Biosuit1

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for doing this.  I will take a look at it later.  Any idea why 3-5 am is such a busy time in Dubai?  Most airports are pretty quite at that time, except for cargo traffic, but this is mostly passenger traffic.  Where is everybody going at such a miserable hour?  Is it possible that the schedule times are in GMT instead of local?  The RT schedule shows a similar peak.  Weird.

Andrew

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Any idea why 3-5 am is such a busy time in Dubai?

Dubai is a (if not THE) hub to connect Eastern Asia and Europe. You have arrivals from Thailand, India, Japan, Vietnam, China, Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, as well as some destinations in Africa. On the other hand, you've got departures to the UK, Ukraine, Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands, as well as to destinations in Asia like Male, Jakarta, Mangalore, Seoul, Cochin, Taipei, Hanoi, Islamabad, Kuala Lumpur.

Remember: When it's 3 a.m. in Dubai, it's midnight in Central Europe, 6 p.m. at the American East coast, and already morning in East Asia.
Just recently, I've seen an Emirates A380 (EK226) departing KSFO to the north overflying Yukon, the North Pole, the Barents Sea, then "suddenly" to the south above Siberia, Kazakhstan, the Caspian Sea, Baku and Northern Iran to land in OMDB. Which is a pretty unusual (and not the most obvious) flight path considering that a flight from KBOS took the "regular" route over the Atlantic Ocean and half of the EU (which today's EK226, being over Iran right at this moment, also did, while the opposite direction EK225 into KSFO takes the North Pole route).

• Like 1

Thank you!! This is already a HUGE improvement for the new airport. 

From a terminal perspective, almost every international airline uses D - that includes some of the regional international carriers such as Saudi, Gulfair, MEA etc. There are some that are now directed to the north end of the old terminal 1 (gates F1-10 and B1-10) but pretty much all others are coming in and out of Terminal D. I'm not sure how the game has split the terminal gate areas - if you are able to send a screenshot of what is allocated as T1/T2/T3 etc in the game I'd happily allocate the airlines. 

https://www.dubaiairports.ae/before-you-fly/which-terminal/airline-directory

Terminal 2 has a really interesting mix of short-haul airlines. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tawamozart said:

Hey! Just curious about the DXB IST flight at 11:38....says Westjet 701 but... I can't work out what it should be instead.

Just a guess: It's EK123 (also on a 77W), because according to both the custom schedule and flightradar24 there's IndiGo flight 38 to Thiruvananthapuram (TRV) shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, Lewisboy said:

Thank you!! This is already a HUGE improvement for the new airport. 

From a terminal perspective, almost every international airline uses D - that includes some of the regional international carriers such as Saudi, Gulfair, MEA etc. There are some that are now directed to the north end of the old terminal 1 (gates F1-10 and B1-10) but pretty much all others are coming in and out of Terminal D. I'm not sure how the game has split the terminal gate areas - if you are able to send a screenshot of what is allocated as T1/T2/T3 etc in the game I'd happily allocate the airlines. 

https://www.dubaiairports.ae/before-you-fly/which-terminal/airline-directory

Terminal 2 has a really interesting mix of short-haul airlines. 

Your welcome and glad you like it!  Totally different airport with some traffic lol.

Good to know for D, I saw reference to that on the check by airline portion of the URL you linked when researching.  The airline directory doesn't load for me in Chrome, may be restricted or it hates Chrome for some reason.

Another reference point I used was https://gulfnews.com/travel/dubai-international-airport-dxb-airlines--terminals-1.1445080 which helped with a good number of other airlines.
The rest I tried to gauge region / similar areas for known terminals but some I just guessed on. 

The way the game maps out the terminals was a bit hard to correlate to available maps though with an hour of research this was the most detailed standard map I found.  There were many that had little snippets but this was overall the most complete for Apron and some Terminal data:

See post here for a better map 

This is who is assigned to which terminal.  Based on your post I think I need to move several over to D: 

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_1A: JFU,KZR,MEA,MSR,GFA,ABQ,AUI,BAB,CSC,DAH,GFA,GOW,IRA,KZR
Terminal_3B: UAE
Terminal_1C: UAE,QFA
Terminal_CargoN: FDX,DLH,BOX
Terminal_CargoS: UPS,DHX
Terminal_RemoteW: SQP,SYR,SVA,SGQ
Terminal_RemoteN: PAL,PIA,PGT,RJA,SIA,SWR,THA
Terminal_RemoteE: THY,UZB,AEH,OMS,RNA,
Terminal_D: ACA,AFL,AFR,AHY,BAW,BBC,CCA,CEB,CES,CPA,CSN,ETH,IGO,VTI,SGQ
Terminal_2: AIC,ALK,ATW,AXB,DLH,FDB,IRM,KAC,KAL,KLM,KNE,OMA,AFG,AIR,DUB,EZS,IAW,SMR
Terminal_padG: IAW,JZR,KQA,RWD,SEJ

11 hours ago, tawamozart said:

Hey! Just curious about the DXB IST flight at 11:38....says Westjet 701 but... I can't work out what it should be instead.

Any ideas?

It is UAE123.  Corrected and posted for re-download.  Easy fix once I saw how it happened. 

Good catch!

On 9/16/2019 at 1:40 AM, Ripskin said:

Well I played Dubai a second time with the Real Traffic schedule and while fun I know the airport is busier and I really wanted to play the very well designed and well mapped airport with actual traffic so I pulled the data for Saturday the 14th and made a schedule.

I test loaded the completed schedule to ensure it loaded without issue which it did.  I played through 4 am without any problems (other than my errors :p) as well.  I have not played the other periods just yet.  In total there are 1056 handles to enjoy. 

I broke the day up into several periods you can reference the grouped folders against the below chart.  I didn't want the airport to be empty for some of the slower periods as an explanation for the groupings.

image.png.e41cbecbab9233aeaa37590eb7e66c6a.png

I will be playing through more periods looking for any errors or problems.  I may have put a few airlines at the wrong terminal.  Some I could not find listings for or flight data showing where they parked but tried to be accurate.  Will correct as I find mistakes and feel free to post any you find. If they are things I can I will correct.

Video of 4am Play Through

Download Here and I hope you enjoy!

Edit: 9/16 - Corrected a flight

Thank you for the hard work.

Charles

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AirJamaica said:

Aerologic ,callsign German Cargo doesn't operate with 77w, only 772. 

According to FlightAware, all their most recent flight are B77L. @Ripskin, I would suggest using B77F/77F to get the windowless livery. 

57 minutes ago, AirJamaica said:

And Saudia doesn't operate with B767's.

Yep, they've had 12 in their history but no longer operate them. Based on Saturday the 14th, SVA596 was operated by a 32N which is not available in RC. @Ripskin, a good substitution would be the A321/321.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lewisboy said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a method to view how the gates are broken down? or to amend them? Similar to AFX for Flightsim? 

I'd happily create a more accurate terminal file with this info. 

No, we had this capability in T!2011 but lost it with T!3D. There's talk about bring it back in the next version.

13 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

Finnaly, thank a lot for the hard work! Some minor things. Aerologic ,callsign German Cargo doesn't operate with 77w, only 772. 

And Saudia doesn't operate with B767's.

For Aerologic I made a typo on the formula for that line and it pulled the wrong type, meant the F series.  I know Wiki is not the best but thats were I got it from:

image.png.fe892c9f7e6321d3d46f7b5080581937.png

As for Saudia... I don't know why I put a 767 in there for the 32N lol.  Swapped out for a 321 as crbascott suggested. 

Good catches!

9 hours ago, Lewisboy said:

Blast 😉 

This is what i "think" all the in-game terminals are labeled as, but maybe @FeelThere can confirm or even better, provide their own map?

I was hoping the data would help more for the flights but a lot of the destination fields were blank.  If I have time this week end I'll see if I can dig anything else up to help.

That looks pretty close to the updated map battlehawk posted with much better labels for several areas now completed vs the outdated one I started with. 

11 minutes ago, Lewisboy said:

Hey @Ripskin

I think you've used the wrong code for the BA 777 - it's showing white but I believe there is a 77-3 and a 77-2 that would have paintjobs.

I noticed this on BA109 specifically.

Thanks and great job!

Corrected that flight, a second one I found for BA and updated the download file.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for the schedule, looks really good. Are they all the daily flights, feels like there are more when I see traffic on the airport taxiing.

I have modified the terminal.txt to better match real world operations as I see day by day. How can I stop planes going to or from apron H? This is a private area no airline goes there.

Real world use of runways is usually 12L and 30L for landings 12R and 30R for takeoffs.

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_1A: UAE
Terminal_3B: UAE
Terminal_1C: UAE
Terminal_CargoN: FDB
Terminal_CargoS: 
Terminal_RemoteW: FDB
Terminal_RemoteN: 
Terminal_RemoteE: UAE,FDX,UPS,FDB,RWD,BOX
Terminal_D: ACA,AFL,AFR,AHY,BAW,BBC,CCA,CEB,CES,CPA,CSN,ETH,IGO,IRA,JFU,KZR,MEA,MSR,GFA,QFA,KQA,RWD,SEJ,PAL,PIA,RJA,SIA,SWR,THA,KAC,CSC,ABQ,OMA,KLM,DLH,AIC,ALK,IRM,KAL,KNE,ATW,SVA,SYR,SQP,THY,UZB
Terminal_2: AXB,FDB,TVS,PGT,HIM,BDR,IAW,IRK,JZR,OMS
Terminal_padG: UAE

Regards!

Edited by Biosuit1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Biosuit1 said:

Hi,

Thank you for the schedule, looks really good. Are they all the daily flights, feels like there are more when I see traffic on the airport taxiing.
I have modified the terminal.txt to better match real world operations as I see day by day. How can I stop planes going to or from apron H? This is a private area no airline goes there.

Real world use of runways is usually 12L and 30L for landings 12R and 30R for takeoffs.

Regards!

Awesome and thank you! 

Replaced the original and uploaded again with credit to you.  Had been making some tweaks to the terminal file from playing and seeing where planes were showing up.  Had not paid enough attention to H though the ground ops site I was using mentions its for heads of state. 

We may not be able to stop it. Depends on how the aprons were put together into the terminals assigned in the txt file.  If that Apron is part of a terminal we use for air traffic it may be stuck there unless they fix it in a service pack.  

I have not played it "properly" yet.  Ran tests of the busy periods and having some fun opening it all up but this is what I used for part of the setup and a few videos queued up for normal operations. 
https://xg.ivao.aero/atc/local-procedures/local-procedures-uae/omdb-ground-ops/

The Saturday I pulled data for may not have been as busy as other days.  If I do another I'll do a Monday or Friday and see what we get.