The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diceflo

crashing when selecting aircraft

Hi, I have a problem now that when I click on a plane to watch from the traffic board the game crashes. It happens when I am spotting at one airport and also when I follow a plane from gate to gate. My memory and CPU are fine so I am confused what could cause this. Sometimes I can spot for a few hours and sometimes it's only for 30 minutes or so. It's very random which makes it harder to figure out and pin point. Thank you

It's most likely a problem in the simulator itself or with the AI you are using.  STB is driving this capability through SimConnect, which is suppose to provide a level of isolation between Prepar3D and me.  That said, we don't live in a perfect world so while the simulator should never crash in response to a SimConnect request, it sounds like it is.  In any case, the only people whom can fix this is Lockheed Martin, and the only way we could get them to even look at it is to reproduce the problem in a predictable way, and then without any other addons apart from STB (including AI packs).  However it does not sound like you've been able to find that.

Maybe there's a AI model in the background of your AI View that is causing a problem, perhaps through an invalid aircraft.cfg or MDL file?  Very difficult to tie such things down.

The only other thing I can suggest is whatever AI view you are using, try one of the others and see if that is any more relable.  For example is it always the default View AI command, or the Extended AI Views or the observer based views where this happens?

Simon