The simFlight Network Forums

Issues with Cathay Pacific Cargo and JFK

hexzed

4 hours ago, hexzed said:

Ok can you post your airports file as well

You seem to have a double up of files in your airlines.txt as well

hexzed.. a thought. Do the new Freighter aircraft types need to be posted into the earlier airport airplane_txt files or will the latest RT overwrite everything else? Seemed to recall this was an issue when the BCS3 came out?

2 hours ago, hexzed said:

I would say so, but the game wouldn't even start if the 74n wasnt in the airplane text file. I'm thinking ANC isn't in the airport file

I don't know about ANC not in the airport files but going off Gary's thought process; yes you need to update the later files with the earlier ones; including airline files and airplane type files for that specific airport. I just copy and paste mine from newer files into old ones and I see all the new cargo jets and airlines attached to them

On 9/21/2019 at 6:10 PM, Braf123456 said:

I'm playing your schedule it worked for me did u say u was able to load the game up an play JFK right an if so are u playing with a full schedule or just snippets

FULL SCHEDULE /   I HAVE CPC ON CARGO TERMINAL 747N C# ON ARRIVAL N DEPARTURE SCHEDULE  MAYBE I HAVE TO MANY BIG JETS ON CARGO TERMINAL AT SAME TIME

2 hours ago, Luis3019 said:

FULL SCHEDULE /   I HAVE CPC ON CARGO TERMINAL 747N C# ON ARRIVAL N DEPARTURE SCHEDULE  MAYBE I HAVE TO MANY BIG JETS ON CARGO TERMINAL AT SAME TIME

it appears on runway 31L IN JFK THEN  on runway 22L OR 22R now says runway to short when arriving CANT LAND 

11 hours ago, Luis3019 said:

Try to do snippets I just load up the 00 hour 

8 hours ago, Luis3019 said:

it appears on runway 31L IN JFK THEN  on runway 22L OR 22R now says runway to short when arriving CANT LAND 

I ran the 31 an it worked for me 

7 minutes ago, hexzed said:

If it's not working on a certain runway then it's due to the specific runway length. There is nothing that can be changed, the only solution is to use a different runway.

well they need to fix that issue i pay $$ for this game when developing a game should be 100%

I did some landing tests of all 11 variations of the B747 we have in the game. Only the 74N is unable to land at 22L and 22R. According to RT, the 74N requires a runway length of 8514 to land and 22L (8401) and 22R (7925) are too short. Based on the other variations, the 74N could use some adjusting (probably need to look at the takeoff distance too).

Additionally, it looks like the 74Y could use some adjusting. Hopefully @nyergesdesign can tweak this, we went through this exercise almost 2 years ago and it needs to happen again. 

Below are the required runway lengths of all 11 B747 variations according to RT: 

74D - 6930
74E - 6534
74L - 6930
74M - 6930
742 - 6534
743 - 6930
744 -6534
74Y - ?  (was able to land at 15L/33R at KBOS which is only 2559 ft) 😂
747 - 6534
748 - 6930
74N - 8514

Note: I'm going to mention this again. We had the ability to edit these attributes in T!2011, but lost it in T!3D. Definitely need modding capabilities back in the next version ... having to hope and wait on the developers to take action on these "simple" issues can be frustrating.

Edited by crbascott
Removed 74X as it is actually a B737.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, crbascott said:

I did some landing tests of all 11 variations of the B747 we have in the game. Only the 74N is unable to land at 22L and 22R. According to RT, the 74N requires a runway length of 8514 to land and 22L (8401) and 22R (7925) are too short. Based on the other variations, the 74N could use some adjusting (probably need to look at the takeoff distance too).

Additionally, it looks like the 74Y could use some adjusting. Hopefully @nyergesdesign can tweak this, we went through this exercise almost 2 years ago and it needs to happen again. 

Below are the required runway lengths of all 11 B747 variations according to RT: 

74D - 6930
74E - 6534
74L - 6930
74M - 6930
742 - 6534
743 - 6930
744 -6534
74Y - ?  (was able to land at 15L/33R at KBOS which is only 2559 ft) 😂
747 - 6534
748 - 6930
74N - 8514

Note: I'm going to mention this again. We had the ability to edit these attributes in T!2011, but lost it in T!3D. Definitely need modding capabilities back in the next version ... having to hope and wait on the developers to take action on these "simple" issues can be frustrating.

thnx for this info buddy was wondering wat these developers were doing maybe they didn't catch that