The simFlight Network Forums

Issues with Cathay Pacific Cargo and JFK

hexzed

Bel

21 hours ago, crbascott said:

I did some landing tests of all 11 variations of the B747 we have in the game. Only the 74N is unable to land at 22L and 22R. According to RT, the 74N requires a runway length of 8514 to land and 22L (8401) and 22R (7925) are too short. Based on the other variations, the 74N could use some adjusting (probably need to look at the takeoff distance too).

Additionally, it looks like the 74Y could use some adjusting. Hopefully @nyergesdesign can tweak this, we went through this exercise almost 2 years ago and it needs to happen again. 

Below are the required runway lengths of all 11 B747 variations according to RT: 

74D - 6930
74E - 6534
74L - 6930
74M - 6930
742 - 6534
743 - 6930
744 -6534
74Y - ?  (was able to land at 15L/33R at KBOS which is only 2559 ft) 😂
747 - 6534
748 - 6930
74N - 8514

Note: I'm going to mention this again. We had the ability to edit these attributes in T!2011, but lost it in T!3D. Definitely need modding capabilities back in the next version ... having to hope and wait on the developers to take action on these "simple" issues can be frustrating.

@crbascott Craig, where do you find the performance data (landing length etc. in T3D?

Kev M

12 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Bel

@crbascott Craig, where do you find the performance data (landing length etc. in T3D?

Kev M

When an arrival can't land on any of the active runways because of the runway length, a message like the below appears in the log file. In my test I only had 33R active. If I would have made 15R/33L active, the plane probably would have landed and the message would not have appeared.

Custom plane found: B74N
no usable runway   allowed:  33L,   requested length: 8514

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

07:45:35 alt: 999 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER * QTR255 => Airplane deleted, no usable incoming line found. from route: EGLLlanding len(+10%): 8514    rw length: 15R(9014) 33L(9895) 14(4988) 32(5000) 9(6978) 27(6979) 4L(7840) 22R(7023) 4R(8635) 22L(8591) 15L(2559) 33R(2559)

Thanks Craig,

I thought that we might hve been able to see the performance paramaters as part of a regular file.

From what you sent above, the only time that you can see the details is if there is a problem that is grabbed in the log file.

Kev m

3 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Thanks Craig,

I thought that we might hve been able to see the performance paramaters as part of a regular file.

From what you sent above, the only time that you can see the details is if there is a problem that is grabbed in the log file.

Kev m

We could view/edit several parameters in Tower!2011 with the plane editor, but we unfortunately lost this capability with Tower!3D. 

20 hours ago, crbascott said:

We could view/edit several parameters in Tower!2011 with the plane editor, but we unfortunately lost this capability with Tower!3D. 

Yeh I can't remember how many performance and gate changes I made in Twr 2011 to make some aircraft "fit" the airport runways and add gates as airports were modified in real life.

Those were the good old days of being able to change almost everything to make it all work. I hope Feelthere is listening to us and gives us some parameter changing ability in the next version, or even get it right from the start!!

I can live in hope.😊

Kev M