The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

FeelThere_Vic

Oh, I have another one.

GATE ENTRIES CROSSING TAXIWAYS / PUSHBACK ONTO ASSIGNED TAXIWAY
Remember Dubai? At Terminal 3 below the tower you can see that the gates are accessible from either taxiway U and J as well as K and Z, respectively, and they can also be pushed back onto either taxiway - which, to me, seems like a splendid idea. (Are there any airports doing it the same way?) "EK61, pushback approved onto J, face west"

On 11/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, Pdubya said:

Vic:

Mostly what I am referring to is when inbound flights are on final touchdown and have ignored or given a "negative" radio response. They then proceed to turn off the runway into a taxiway that is already occupied by an outbound A/C waiting for the inbound A/C to taxi by... they end up nose to nose and a delete is necessary most cases because the runway is obstructed.

I guess what I am asking after is that inbound A/C to have virtual eyes that when the crew decides to turn off, it can (usually) "see" that there is a big honkin' A/C already sitting just off the runway in taxiway X and pointed at the runway- so choose another exit please because following is not possible!

Autonomous meaning the A/C (game) should accomplish this on its own w/o player intervention to avoid a crisis. Perhaps this would work different in fog or storm/rain conditions. I get that humans aren't infallible, but under normal circumstances we manage just fine. This is why I am interested in more time or a different method to assign an A/C on final exit and taxi instructions. Of course the whole 'gate, gate, who has the gate' game must be fixed. Not knowing until very late in the approach/final is not helping matters with all this stuff above.

Does that make sense? Let me know if not. Sorry it took so long to get back to you Vic.

Cheers!

Got it, thank you!

Vic

• Thanks 1

I would like a couple of additional suggestions:

Add a selector for the different controller positions available for the selected airport.  Airports like TIST would have one.  KLAX would have 4: North Tower, South Tower, North Ground, South Ground and associated frequencies.  The player selects as many positions that they want to control.  The remaining positions be AI controlled or Multiplayer controlled.  Allow for more than 1 aircraft per minute.

Achievements should not reset when you reset statistics.  Having statistics for each airport would be nice.

Add the ability to have a more complex points system.  Right now +10 for each takeoff and landing.  If SID & Starts/Exit Points are added additional points if you get the airplane on the right runway (i.e. KLAX departures to the north use 24L while departures south and east use 25R).  Also extra point if sent to the correct departure and frequency.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would be good if at the start of a session you could actually put in the current conditions at an airport you wish to operate to set this up from the start, the same was as you click on the runways you wish to use. A menu table to add the following and an in game graphical representation to show this similar to the uploaded image below:

Conditions: select from Clear, Cloud, Rain etc

Temperature:(Optional): Not really used in the game but a nice to have 

Wind*: xx Knts

Wind*: Direction degrees

* in game play logic to vary direction and speed similar to as it is  now

1392788705_WeatherAnnotation.png.c33464e6276ca7be3515b5fa0422365c.png

Even better if this can be linked "on line" to show actual Metar live data as you play 😎

• Upvote 1

@ATC AlaskaGuy You can rest assured you'll get to create your own Alaska Airlines liveries. 😀  FeelThere told us two months ago that modding was a priority. 

On 10/3/2019 at 7:07 AM, FeelThere said:

Awesome list, thank you! Please keep them coming!

As I said I rather not comment any of them individually to make sure I wont open a can of worms, but so many of them on our list already. I can tell you one thing; modding tools and the graphics upgrade are our priority.

• Like 1

I would like to see some more realistic flexibility in the way the planes switch roles.  IE: Getting dinged for a plane still transitioning from landing to parking but is 100% clear of the runway allowing another to take off.  Once wheel's are down some logic to either roll off and take the predefined or cleared route otherwise pull of and park.  May help with high speed exits and other stuff if the plan can utilize speed ranges or something. 

• Like 1

Get rid of the points system.  This is a simulation, not Space Invaders.  Instead, just have the onscreen counter show the number of errors you have made.  If you click on that number, it should bring up a pop-up that shows a detailed list of what they were, beginning with the most recent.

Andrew

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Avwriter said:

Get rid of the points system.  This is a simulation, not Space Invaders.  Instead, just have the onscreen counter show the number of errors you have made.  If you click on that number, it should bring up a pop-up that shows a detailed list of what they were, beginning with the most recent.

Andrew

I like that idea, show the # of takeoff's and landing's and how many during the session

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Get rid of the points system.

I support that!

5 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Instead, just have the onscreen counter show the number of errors you have made.  If you click on that number, it should bring up a pop-up that shows a detailed list of what they were, beginning with the most recent.

I'd like if the log stays in place. It contains all relevant information during a session. At the end of a session, I would like a detailed summary of movements and incidents to be displayed instead of the points. And in multiplayer it should be displayed to both parties, not just the host.

4 hours ago, mike116119 said:

show the # of takeoff's and landing's and how many during the session

I think that's a good solution. Personally, I would like if landings and take-offs weren't counted, but if a flight arrived at the parking spot or is handed over to Departure.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Add LHR
2. Weather affecting aircraft (e.g you have to land/take off planes according to the wind direction)
3. Having to tell pilots info, like weather/visibility/runway conditions, contact frequencies, ect
4. the ability to make the game as close to realism as they want
5. more vehicles on the tarmac, like ops, buses, ect
6. have like a career mode, like having a real timetable from the past year, the ability to get fired, change airports, and seasonal patterns, this will be hard to implement but if done well, itll be very good

7. Savegames

8. Pilots telling you more stuff, e.g when they're at the side of a runway, they tell you or when they've taken off they also tell you (but maybe the option to turn off this extra dialogue)

idk how hard some of these are to implement, im assuming its not that easy, but just some ideas 

ill edit this when i think of more stuff

Edited by stgnats
adding more on my wishlist

1 hour ago, Avwriter said:

It's probably pushing what is feasible, but it would be wonderful if there was a way for the new version to have at least partial backwards compatibility with the current gen add-on airports.

Andrew

It’s been mentioned before, but so has next level graphics. These two items seem to conflict from my point of view. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

would really be cool to if that it could snow in the game and also if there was snow removal to remove snow from runways and deicing for planes and if we could see snow falling like you can when it rains or is foggy.

+ 1 for that

and an suggestion for another system to measure your performance:

for departing airplanes: How close is the departure (until you hand over the plane to departure) of the plane to the reality? An example:

You get 100%  if you: 

push back within 2 Minutes, every minute later 10 % less

taxxing to the runway within 5 Minutes (dependig on the seize of the airport, in TIST of course less), 10% minus for every minute above that

and takeoff clearence / handover.. 

for incoming traffice the time the plane landed to the gate, full points for 5 Minutes (depending on the seize of the airport), every minute more 10% less 

bad weather (snow etc... ) should extend the timeframe. If you crash a plane you get 0% for the day of course, security first!

Your personal performance should be visible in a chart, like today you got 85%. For the time in the game reale life should be an orientation