The simFlight Network Forums
FeelThere

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

would be neat to see the strobe lights do what they do on a real plane where they continually blink or flash along with the red light being on the bottom of aircraft and on top of the aircraft but not on the tail I have never seen a red light that blinks on a tail of any aircraft.

4 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

would be neat to see the strobe lights do what they do on a real plane where they continually blink or flash along with the red light being on the bottom of aircraft and on top of the aircraft but not on the tail I have never seen a red light that blinks on a tail of any aircraft.

It would also be nice to see landing lights and strobes snap on once take-off clearance has been issued.  To be fair, many smaller aircraft (singles and light twin props) do have red rotating beacons on their tails, but definitely not large passenger jets.

Andrew

On 11/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, 707FAN said:

If they really wanted to get it right, the white strobes should come on when the aircraft is cleared to the runway as in RL. (LUAW or clear for Take off).

Also remove the tail anticollision light (red) for normal aircraft and the fuseleage  top anticol light on T tail aircraft. Basically normal A/C have one light on the bottom & one on the top . T tail have one on the bottom & one on the top of the tail.

Kev

I have been on about this for some time. It seems to being ignored by ND.

Kev

On 10/2/2019 at 3:55 PM, Avwriter said:

Downloadable real world weather, or at least allow users to set the desired wind direction/speed along with other weather parameters.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, Ron C said:

A runway crossing command.

On 10/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

would be cool if that when a plane takes off if the landing gear can be automated to retract

On 10/2/2019 at 3:58 PM, crbascott said:

Wishlist Number: 8
Wishlist Item: Realistic Weather and Seasons
Wishlist details: see above The weather afffecting incomeing and outgoing planes ie snow storms that turn into blizzards and the Clearing of runways

On 10/2/2019 at 3:58 PM, crbascott said:

WISHLIST NUMBER: 20
WISHLIST ITEM: Updrade of 3d Game graphics to HD level
WISHLIST DETAILS: The quality of the current graphics are old school now and need to be far sharper than currently and at least HD level. Lagging way behind the standards of modern games being released now at similar prices.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, dean86501 said:

Gate assignment - I find it very frustrating that planes always go to the first gate available in their terminal. When you play snippets in places like Philadelphia or this morning I was doing an early shift at Atlanta with big arrival banks they always go to gates in the same order. The gate assignment should be a random gate in the relevant terminal.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, Pedantic G said:

Would be good if at the start of a session you could actually put in the current conditions at an airport you wish to operate to set this up from the start, the same was as you click on the runways you wish to use. A menu table to add the following and an in game graphical representation to show this similar to the uploaded image below:

On 12/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, Pedantic G said:

Even better if this can be linked "on line" to show actual Metar live data as you play 😎

Here's my wishlist in order of personal importance: 

1. Additional Bug Testing - So frustrating to spend hundreds of dollars on Tower; purchase a new airport and Real Color only to have a taxiway or runway or gate not work properly. I would be a much happier customer if more effort is put into bug testing. The newer airports in Tower3D Pro have come a long way.  

2. Variety in Weather - Options to set custom conditions like wind, random wind, or better yet... option to download real world conditions of the actual airport from the internet. The current option for "random" weather between Clear, Foggy, and Stormy, ends up with an airport that's mostly Foggy or Stormy and often not realistic. Would be nice if the weather was dynamic and updated from the internet every 10 minutes and/or changed as you play. 

3. Addition of snow weather condition and cloudy weather condition even if only cosmetic. Snow or Partly Cloudy is often the real world weather condition at the airport. 

4. Adjust sunrise and sunset times due to time of year / real world conditions. Not realistic to have sunset at 6:30pm in the middle of winter. 

5. Graphics option to increase draw distance.  I hate when landing planes just pop in. 

6. Increased camera zoom. I play from the Tower view not the action cam and would like to zoom in more. 

7. Increased graphics / textures. Some of the airport textures look good already but would be great to have higher definition versions especially with an increased zoom level. 

8. Landing gear should retract after takeoff. 

9. Runway crossing command. 

10. Variety in Traffic Schedules. I'm not saying a 7 day schedule but even a Mon/Wed/Fri schedule; Tues/Thurs schedule; and a Weekend schedule would add a lot of variety.

11. Steam Integration of RealTraffic/Real Color - I know Steam takes a large cut of sales but it would be so nice to have these products update automatically. 

12. Real world airport temperature / frozen ground texture. For certain airports, have a frozen / winter ground texture that loads when the real world airport temperature drops below freezing.

13. Traffic flow overlay - An overlay (similar to showing a route in Cities Skylines or Transport Fever) we can turn on to show how runways and taxiways should be used for "normal flow;" "crosswind flow;" "noise abatement," etc. The real world traffic flows are usually the best way to manage traffic at the airports and it would save us from searching for all this information online. 

14. Meta-game other than points - This is lowest priority on my list for a reason - It's probably too difficult to implement. But maybe you unlock gates and terminals as you perform well and progress. You unlock gates/terminals based on your perfect performance and on-time arrivals and departures. With all gates/terminals unlocked (AKA 100 percent traffic) it becomes really difficult to maintain perfect performance; and if you have a crash or incident or too many delays you lose some gates or a terminal until you improve. This could also be an optional feature. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Hello @Darthbater

I think with point one I can only say that it is correct here it seems to be important to do more reviews to fix such errors faster.

Point 2 - 3 I do not think that it is so easy to insert this into the programming or that it works there I have a bad feeling.
 I would like your

point 4 on the spot

Points 5, 6 and 7 that was already written somewhere, if I can still remember I do not know if it is still in the forum where.

Point 8 I think they only retract their landing gear at 500 meters or 1000 meters.

Point 9 there is I still know it from KLAS Los Angelas.

Item 10 is already available as a download LAS, EDDM, Paris, New York etc. please take a closer look or use the search function.

Points 11 and 12 This has to be clarified with Steam whether it is feasible but I have already had some experience with Steam and its update, which are sometimes not so reliable with the update.

Point 13 how much traffic density is still necessary LAS is the denser and harder to get to grips with and from it it already looks as real as it really is.

That with point 14 that does not even defend in reality is impossible and also difficult. You should rather do more in the mistakes like for example from the terminal to the runway and from the terminal to the gate and the crash in the terminal and runway to the gate improve in Munich still bristling with mistakes and what's new now is the problem between 23 : 00 a.m. to 02:00 a.m. with the graphic Error still persists see entry EDDM:

Sorry if I was a little strangy but that only brings more mistakes and the game can then really kick in the bin because more and more mistakes are added and the others have not been fixed.

MfG

Michi10

59 minutes ago, Michi10 said:

Point 2 - 3 I do not think that it is so easy to insert this into the programming or that it works there I have a bad feeling.

Disagree. This is a feature in competing ATC sims and is also common in flight sims.

1 hour ago, Michi10 said:

Points 5, 6 and 7 that was already written somewhere, if I can still remember I do not know if it is still in the forum where.

A lot of wishlist items have been duplicated. Let's not be too critical here.

Point 8 I think they only retract their landing gear at 500 meters or 1000 meters.

No - it is much sooner. Pilots raise the landing gear almost immediately - once positive rate of climb is confirmed.

Item 10 is already available as a download LAS, EDDM, Paris, New York etc. please take a closer look or use the search function.

I believe he is wanting this as a normal feature - not just with custom schedules.

Point 13 how much traffic density is still necessary LAS is the denser and harder to get to grips with and from it it already looks as real as it really is.

I think you misunderstood the request. He's looking for a traffic flow overlay (diagram).

• Upvote 1

Continuous departure/arrival trainning mode programmed by user: Every one minute, or two or five, etc. 

Thanks for replies. I really hope the weather system can be improved that's high on my list. 

Yes there are some great community schedules out there (thank you!) but it would be nice if they were integrated into the game. Maybe they just add an option to copy multiple custom schedules into the airport folder and then you select which custom schedule you want to play from a drop down menu in the game (like how you select weather conditions in Tower 3D Pro now). It would save a lot of copy and pasting and you could easily switch between custom schedules. Steam Workshop integration would also be great for downloading custom schedules.  

New to Tower3d PRO - Have used other sims.

1.  More GA traffic - Love it when I can see local small aircraft - Pushing "BIG TIN" is fun, but love the little guys

2. How about Military Traffic.. Would be fun for a fighter, C5, C130, etc.  Probably more an ART thing

3. Select Time of Year - Summer vs. Winter traffic - shorted daylight hours

4. Speak back from Landing Traffic - Sometimes we forget a plane landed - need to move them off runway

5. Trouble moving aircraft to alternative runways  - especially blocked or busy runways

6.  How about discount for multiple Airport packages (I have bought 3 already)

7.  Simulated Emergency (Engine out, blown tire, pilot injured) 

8.  Ability to assign different "HOT KEY" to Voice Command - Left Shift is not always convenient (Mouse Click, Right Click, etc)

9.  Notify is a plane is in "LINE UP AND WAIT" mode - letting us know. (Gets busy with one-man operation) or waiting for "CONTINUE TAXI"

10.  If there any talk about having a Central Server which can connect 2 or more users for Multi-user.  I have no-one I can use a Multi.  I can open my router ports to use networking to facilitate multiple users.

11.  Is there any way to SECTOR the runway, so that you only handle "WEST TRAFFIC" or "NORTH TRAFFIC"

Best Simulation I have used...Love the Voice Commands.  Was overwhelmed by traffic on KDFW -