The simFlight Network Forums

FS 2020

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Pete are you gonna put in for an SDK for MSFS 2020

"Put in"?

I think you must have read that MS wishes to coperate with developers. I would have thought that would imply some sort of an SDK, wouldn't you?

Please just check on Flightsimulator.com, as I do.  I think MS talk openly there about an SDK.

Pete

• 3 months later...

We’re six months on from the “ask again in six months” comment.

Looking to develop some affordable flight sim controls and instrumentation, but need to be FS2020 compatible. Trying to decide whether to hold out for FSUIPC or commission a direct interface. I’ll need a hardware bus gateway to the sim software, and FSUIPC is only the sim half of that anyway.

Tried emailing you direct Peter, without reply. Any progress on the horizon?

2 hours ago, Billysugger said:

We’re six months on from the “ask again in six months” comment.

Ah really? Wow! Time flies.

I must admit I thought we'd have a lot more from Microsoft / ASOBO in the way of a Software Development Kit by now  But, there you go. 😞

You must realise that the "product" is still in Alpha stage -- not even Beta. With most developments you never even see an Alpha. The revelations Microsoft are providing are perhaps mostly in the way of advanced publicity -- and are just distracting good people like you from looking at what you have now..

2 hours ago, Billysugger said:

Trying to decide whether to hold out for FSUIPC or commission a direct interface. I

Well, please do go for the latter. Let me know when you find someone who can do that! Maybe Asobo? I can't think of anyone else at present, and even whatever they can do for you is subject to change -- I reckon a lot of change before the dust settles and the Beta phase is announced. This year? Hmm, maybe, maybe not.

And do please note that the name is just "Microsoft Flight Simulator". It has never been called MS 2020 by Microsoft nor ASOBO.

Pete

Thanks for the prompt reply Peter. If I get anywhere with a gateway developer I’ll let you know.

I understand the reference, but I call it FS 2020 to distinguish it from FSX and previous iterations. They’re all called Microsoft Flight Simulator too, and it’s too confusing when searching for things online and it throws up everything!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The question which hasn't yet had a straight answer.

I think what people are trying to ask, quite simply is;

Pete.... Do you intend to develop a version of FSUIPC for Microsoft Flight Simulator once the SDK is available to you?