The simFlight Network Forums

Scenery Stopping FSUIPC Closeing Programs

Hi,

I have one scenery and a library which is stopping FSUIPC5 from closing programs that have been opened.

Disabling only one and the problem goes away. All other addon scenery in P3D v4.5 have been disabled.

Tried default planes and addons. The only way to fix it is to disable either one of these packages. Been back to

the dev and he is a bit puzzled. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have attached the FSUIPC log .

Hope you can help.

Thanks

REgards

Les

FSUIPC5_BOTH.log

Hi,

the log file doesn't show anything other than that FSUIPC hasn't closed. As FSUIPC is not involved with any scenery loading, closing or handling at all, it will of course not log anything i relation to it.

If you would supply some more information, like what scenery packages you have the problem with, you might get from others with same packages their experience or settings.

Maybe changing their layer order might help.

Thomas

7 hours ago, lesb said:

I have one scenery and a library which is stopping FSUIPC5 from closing programs that have been opened.

It isn't really doing that. It is stopping SimConnect closing. The log shows this:

48860 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ...

"DLLStop" is the call back any SimConnect program needs to wait for before freeing up everything to do with SimConnect and closing down. Closing programs started by FSUIPC is only part of that whole process. there are also numerous threads which have been started for the various functions FSUIPC performs. they all need closing for a tidy finish to the session.

So what appears to be happening is that some part of your addon "scenery" is causing some internal problem to P3D.  In your reply to Thomas you mentioned two elements: "Real NZ Christchurch" and "VLC Libraries". Do those addons only consist of BGL and texture/graphics files, or are there programs involved as well?

I suspect that the reason disabling either is because the problem is in the  "Libraries" and tose are only used by the other package. Maybe disabling (renaming) each file in the Libraries layer, one at a time, will pinpoint the problem further. If there are a lot of files I use a binary chop method -- i.e disable one half, if that fixes it, half again and so on. Easy bulk disabling is moving them to a specially created subfolder.

7 hours ago, lesb said:

Been back to

the dev and he is a bit puzzled.

Can he not reproduce the problem? He'd need to be using the same build of P3D as you.

You should also be using the current version of P3D (4.5.13, also known as "Hot Fix 2", or HF2). Try that first.

This is not a problem we can fix in FSUIPC, and it likely affects other SimConnect clients, especially those running within P3D (DLLs etc).

Pete

3 hours ago, lesb said:

I think these packages are just BGL and no programs are being run.

Well, a corrupt BGL might, i suppose, be able to corrupt P3D, but it seems unlikely. But certainly it is possible for corrupt Image files (bitmaps and the others used in Texture folders) to cause corruption. If you are the only person getting this problem, maybe your specific copy is corrupted. Have you tried re-installing the scenery packages?

Did you yet try updating P3D. If it is corruption, it is possible that the change in code locations will either cause different problems, or make them seem to go away. In fact it occurs to me that simply running it on a different PC, with different video driver versions or windows could also change things a bit, but usually not so much within the P3D process itself as those areas are in a different part of virtual memory altogether.

Pete