The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cellular55

Offsets free for general use

Hi,

for some apps I have written I'm using for my purposes all the available free offsets between 66C0 - 66FF adressess.

Are there some other possible offset addresses that can be used for general purposes?

Thanks and KR

Joe

35 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

Are there some other possible offset addresses that can be used for general purposes?

Provided you are not using certain applications you can re-use the offsets assigned to them.  One example actually doumented in the list  is  04E0-0537 Project Magenta (88 bytes).

There are others but you'll need to tell me how much you need.

Many things can occupy just one bit (on/off indicators or switches), one byte (values up to 255, or signed -128 to 127(, so it is best to make good use of the space available.

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks for the usual fast replay!

I have already filled also the Project Magenta offsets and I'm already using multiple values for several used offsets.

Main new purpose for the request is that i would try to experiment and use D70 offset (I would build automated cockpit for aircrafts not using offsets/controls, but local variables) and I see that for that i need space for at least one Double/Float offset.

To have an additional space of 64 bytes could be perfect.

Thanks again

Joe

23 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

Main new purpose for the request is that i would try to experiment and use D70 offset (I would build automated cockpit for aircrafts not using offsets/controls, but local variables) and I see that for that i need space for at least one Double/Float offset.

4200-42FF if you don't use my own ESOUND.

Actually, that is obsolete these days, replaced by the Lua sound facilities. So i should make 4200-42FF also "for users" in FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5 (just not FSUIPC3).

Pete

• Upvote 1