The simFlight Network Forums

Custom Schedules Issues

markgsu

I am having issues with custom schedules just not loading at all. I reinstalled RT using SP6v16 and tried to re-overwrite the files. No luck. If I reinstall or reoverwrite my files with the backups (aka RT) everything works fine. Its only when I overwrite using a custom schedule. Having issues on JFK, SAN and LAS funny enough I bought those as a bundle on Steam, not sure if that has something to do with it or not. 

Hi Mark

Which custom schedule are you using?

Usually all files need to be downloaded that the custom schedule maker has provided

After loading Tower 3D post the output_log.txt in the tower3d_data folder, that will tell us what the issue is

So its just sitting at the loading screen. I used the LAS one from ATC_Joe and hexzed (yours) for SAN. I installed all 4 files and overwrote them in the main directory. It freezes on load at 63% on LAS and 70% on SAN. Just strange. Its working perfectly for some of the other airports so I am pretty sure its not a install process thing. I will post a log in a minute.

Sometimes custom schedule makers don't distribute all the text files needed for an airport. This is because if they don't modify a file (xxxx_airplanes.txt for example) it would be unethical and potentially illegal to distribute a native RT file. So, if you only have 4 text files you need the other 2 from RT to make it work.