The simFlight Network Forums

Reversers

Hi Pete

My homecockpit with FSUIPC is working very nice, but please let me ask you for a solution of the following problem concerning reversers in my PMDG737NGX.

When I operate my reverser levers after touchdown in one move to the end position (max. thrust), the reversers start opening, which takes some seconds. Then engines should go to the commanded thrust. But since I am already in the lever end positions, nothing happens (no data change any more). I must move levers out of the end position and then back. Or move the levers very slowly so that there are data changes still after opening. Not really smart procedures.

Is there a way to avoid this and get the thrust position corrected after opening? Thank you very much for any idea.

Best regards
Urs

Well, I just learned some minutes ago, that the problem arises from my control stand, that does not offer the following function (found in the PMDG manual):

"Reverse thrust lever is blocked at reverse idle position until related thrust reverser is more than 60% deployed."

Unfortunately my control stand (and probably most of other users) does not have this blocking of the levers. Is there a solution all the same?

Best regards

Urs

Hi Thomas

Thank you very much for answering. I make some precisions:

My setup uses the possiblity in FSUIPC to separate throttle and reverser levers. Throttle levers 1 & 2  and reverser levers 1 & 2 are programmed with "send direct to FSUIPC calibration", then Joystick calibration page 3, checkbox "no reverse zone" is marked. So the throttle levers send values between 0 and 16384 to the sim, meanwhile reverser levers send 0 to - 4096 to the sim. That works all fine.

But after touchdown I can take the reverser levers immediately to the max position, because there is no mechanical blocking during reverser opening. When the reversers are ready to accept high power commands, there is no data change any more and therefore no commands for high engine power.

But in fact, with your proposal I can solve the problem. The reverser axes work normally, but with the additional security, that in the end position of the levers the thrust is granted after some seconds. Perfect !!

Thanks a lot and best regards
Urs

Hi,

the only problem with this solution is that each Reverser Lever will send to both engines the thrust reverse signal, F2.

A work around that would be using for each Reverser Lever with my example the send control from PMDG for each Reverser, you will find the corresponding control number in their SDK .h file.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Of course, you are right. To make it more real, I should use individual controls. I already found this in the PMDG SDK:

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST1_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 680)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST2_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 681)

I  will make tests with them. Thanks again and best regards

Urs

Hi,

the values you are looking for are

THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN                0x00011000        // equals to  69632

EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST1_LEVER     70312
EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST2_LEVER     70313

In the dropdown box select the first item, <custom Control> that opens then a panel where you insert thcontrol number. As there is no note you can leave the Parameter box empty.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Yes, these are the correct event values. But I must use 8192 for power up and 16384 for power down in the parameter box and switch on the repeat function. Actually I leave the levers as axes and define an additional range at the end, where FSUIPC sends the parameter 8192 repeatedly. That seems to work fine (up to now 😉)

Best regards

Urs