The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aussie1234

Vertical Display Boards?

Hello,

As I have mentioned before, I'm very happy with the Server and two Clients I use now, to display Departures and Arrivals information, separately on two 24 inch screens outside facing the right hand windows of my B737. 

I recently simply added another screen (mirrored from one PC) outside of the cockpit, to show Departures so I can point to it for my guests as they arrive 🙂. (See attached picture)

I had a thought, and I was just wondering before I try it: With the current trend at airports to use vertical display panels more: Could I use an old 32" TV (with VGA input) vertically and have Departures above Arrivals? Will the application format to that shape? Can anyone see a problem?

Aussie

Cockpit737.jpg

Hi Aussie

That's one awesome looking setup!  

Other customers have achieved a vertical (or "portrait") format for STB by physically rotating the screen through 90 degees so it is taller than it is wider.  Then in windows, they rotate the display so that Windows draws everything in the correct direction.  It's in Display Settings, "Display Orientation".  You can try the portrait related values until your desktop looks the way you want it.  Not sure how STB will react initially if previously used in Landscape, but it will present in portrait to match what Windows is doing.  Then it's just a case of resizing the window and the columns within to match your requirements.

image.png.7c55d3ba14438452f65b505ff1acc844.png

Looking forward to a picture of this setup with a portrait presentation!

Thanks
Simon

Thanks Simon,

I'll give it a go in the weekend.

I just didn't want spend time doing it and mucking up an operating configuration if you had heard someone trying the same and failing before.

Thank you for your guidance on how to do it.

Aussie