The simFlight Network Forums

Southwest Livery Issues

tbruno19

Just looking for a little help here. I cannot seem to get the new Southwest liveries working since the SFO RC release. I re-downloaded and installed the RC for SFO, thinking that is all I needed to do. When going into SFO, it still showed the old livery. I then went back and re-downloaded and installed Real Traffic and then both the SFO airport file and RC again. Still no changes. I do recall issues with the Spirit liveries for A319's a while back and it requiring a little editing with regards to the Texture packs (texturepack.01 instead of texturepack.1, etc.)

Any suggestions as to why this may be an issue? I'm not the best at troubleshooting issues for the game. Thanks in advance.

-TB

It's still the same issue Tbruno19. At first, this same issue did occur with me in my game play. However, when you edit the SFO texture file name number and make it to where it's the last number (Which is considered the most updated RC file texture according to Tower3d Pro) then it works just fine. However, because the united 738 was not updated with the updated texture as in cyvr, at least in my gameplay it now over laps the updated texture of the new livery and shows up as the old one. But in your case, to answer your question the Southwest Livery will show up along with all the other ones that was updated.

Yes, you are a victim of the way the game loads the RC packs. You'll want to renumber the KSFO files as @ashman99 suggests in order to see the SWA liveries. But, now it looks like it will cause you to "unsee" other new liveries. 

@FeelThereand @nyergesdesign - do I need to add a post in the wishlist thread to handle this situation? Having multiple liveries for the same airline/airplane in various RC packs is becoming a bigger issue. 

Here's the thread where this issue was first uncovered and discussed over a year ago: 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Yes, you are a victim of the way the game loads the RC packs. You'll want to renumber the KSFO files as @ashman99 suggests in order to see the SWA liveries. But, now it looks like it will cause you to "unsee" other new liveries. 

@FeelThereand @nyergesdesign - do I need to add a post in the wishlist thread to handle this situation? Having multiple liveries for the same airline/airplane in various RC packs is becoming a bigger issue. 

Here's the thread where this issue was first uncovered and discussed over a year ago: 

Thank you for posting the discussion thread associated with the issue. @tbruno19; this is a great link for a step by step play in getting around your particular issue. As @crbascott mentioned, we are now getting to a point where we are seeing updates over lapping updates. It would be nice, when RC SP updates are published, that your entire RC system is updated with that plane livery so that we don't have to worry about going into files and changing on our end to see the liveries we purchased. @crbascott, I don't mind putting it in the wish list thread if you haven't already.

@crbascott and @ashman99, I appreciate the help. I couldn't find the thread from the issues with KMCO and Spirit. I may just wait it out for a bit to see if this gets solved (I have already edited the texture files for the spirit liveries). It becomes a mess trying to reorder/sort texture packs for specific liveries.

One other question... Would purchasing KRDU RC solve the problem? I have all other RC packs, but I haven't looked to purchase KRDU yet.

That's a good question; I've thought about it myself in considering purchasing the RC for krdu. Although, I'm not sure which RC is updated within that pack. It would stink to purchase it and still have issues with updated liveries not appearing. Also it's unfortunate to keep having to purchase RC packs when I already own what seems to be most of the US airline liveries and can run KRDU with other liveries that I've already bought previously. Let me know if it works for you if you decide to purchase the RC pack for krdu.

Hopefully, when Gary (PedanticG) has time to update the RC master list, this can possibly be a key indicator to answer your question. However, I know he, along with the ND team are pretty busy. krdu also was the newest release so I know in time it will be updated. 

57 minutes ago, tbruno19 said:

I may just wait it out for a bit to see if this gets solved

Two solutions (as I see it):
1) When an existing airline/plane gets a livery update, all RC packs with that airline/plane are updated. This seems to make the most logical sense, but it is not happening now and hence why we are in this predicament.
2) A special RC pack is created with the highest sequential number and it contains all airlines/planes with updated liveries. And then it would need to continuously be updated. 

@hexzed - Not sure if/when another airport may be considered for a RC Community Project, but this situation is a definite negative consequence to a positive concept that probably needs addressing with @nyergesdesign

1 hour ago, tbruno19 said:

Would purchasing KRDU RC solve the problem?

Unlikely. KRDU is only served by some US and Canadian airlines with mostly small to medium sized jets. 

• Like 1

It it possible to have one big RC pack with all the airline RC files within it. Therfore there would only be one example of each levery, aircraft and operator in the pack.

This pack could be called from the individual airport files or mabe renamed and added to each airport file by the user.

For amendments, ND (gabor & his team) could update the big file and charge for the fresh RC pack. That way they get their payment for their work as they do now and us, as end users, get the newest RC liveries in one file set. One advantage for ND is when a new Airport or livery is released, they only have to update the one set of file/s and not have to create a complete new set of files for new airports or liveries.

I don't know how this could be integrated into Tower, but it might be something for the next generation.

If one did not want the new liveries, then they don't need to purchase the update but I think from the posts above, most are interested in the latest liveries.

Kev M

• Like 1