The simFlight Network Forums

CSV files not produved as peviously.

I have recently reinstalled P3D v4.5 and updated my lorbi scenery file and make runways file, however, when I run makerunways it runs OK but there are no CSV files produced in my p3d folder. There are files shown as f4, f5, g5, r4, r4.bin,r5,Runways Text Document, runways OpenOffice XML spread sheet, runwaysXML Document, t5.bin and t5. I can't find any information online and shall be grateful if anyone can help me as to what I am doing wrong.

Allan Roberts

Thanks Thomas. I am using version 4.8.7.3.

MakeRwys functions as it should but produces no CSV files at all only files as mentioned in my earlier post which seem the same as earlier versions apart from not being CSV files. This problem came to light when I tried to run the database update on PF3. There is no file for this programme to update as it looks for the Runways.CSV file. I have attached my Runways file which seems just like earlier CSVfiles. I guass I can always change the name of the files so that pf3 can recognise them.

Regards,

Allan Roberts

runways.csv

Yes. I ran the Make Runways from inside the P3D folder. As I say, it runs as normal but when I look at my P3D files I get the same files as you have shown here but without the csv extension.

Could there be an error in my file attributes. The strange thing is that when I select f4 from my P3D files, on top of the box that opens it says in brackets - Text Import [f4.csv]

Allan Roberts

6 hours ago, AllanR said:

I ran the Make Runways from inside the P3D folder. As I say, it runs as normal but when I look at my P3D files I get the same files as you have shown here but without the csv extension.

It's just that you have Windows set to hide known filetypes -- .csv files are probably recognised as normally opened by Microsoft Excel, as shown in Thomas' pic. 

Just stop Windows hiding parts of filenames from you!  It'll be one of the Folder options in Explorer.

Pete

Hi Pete, I followed your instructions and yes .csv files are generated, however, I cannot open those files. When I try I get a message in red which says "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software published."

I am not sure if the message relates to FSUIPC or P3D v4.5+. Can you help or do I need to contact P3D?

Regards,

Allan Roberts

f5.csv

3 hours ago, AllanR said:

I cannot open those files. When I try I get a message in red which says "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software published."

Why do you want to read it? If you do, and you don't have Excel installed properly (because that's probably what it wants to open for such a file), you can use Notepad or any proper editor. Just use "Open with" on the right click menu.

But why on Earth are you wanting to open it? The files are intended as data for other programs which need them.

3 hours ago, AllanR said:

I am not sure if the message relates to FSUIPC or P3D v4.5+.

Neither!  MakeRunways is nothing whatsoever to do with FSUIPC in any case.

CSV means "comma separated values". If you are trying to open sucgh files without saying by what, then Windows will just automatically try to open the program it thinks is associated with them, whether that is Excel or not.

Pete