The simFlight Network Forums

Pushing back continuously

Hello All,

Hope you are well.

I have a problem with FSX pushing back continuously. I have attached my FSUIPC log  that shows things being pressed even though i am not pressing anything. One of them is toggle pushback :0) perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me how to stop these processes? I have read that it could be in the standard.xml file in the appdata that needs to be disabled or deleted, which is what i will do next. Thanks for any pointers! 

Best Wishes

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, NicHer said:

I have a problem with FSX pushing back continuously. I have attached my FSUIPC log  that shows things being pressed even though i am not pressing anything. One of them is toggle pushback :0) perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me how to stop these processes?

You need to also ebable Button/Key logging so we can see if any of that is due to buttons sticking.

The log supplied is a continuation log, meaning you started a new one. This means that the vital information at startup is all missing. Please only start a New Log when you are starting a fresh test and the file is getting really big. but then supply both logs.

2 hours ago, NicHer said:

I have read that it could be in the standard.xml file in the appdata that needs to be disabled or deleted,

I think that just defines the default key presses in FSX.  Not sure what happens if you delete it. If you don't want FSX to process button presses or your controllers then just disable those in the FSX user interface options. However, let's see whether the problem is button presses first.

Because of the missing part of the Log I can't tell if you are using a default aircraft or an addon. If an addon then test with a default aircraft because it might be to do with the addon.

Pete

Thank you for the reply.

Is it possible that fsuipc button allocations could cause this?

i have additional buttons in the fsuipc file and I can’t remember what they do. Maybe they are continuously toggling pushback? 

As a side topic, 5653 .7 bellcutout for PM, could you kindly advise how I put that into fsuipc or PM instructor station. My firebell sound doesn’t stop when I press the cutout on the glareshield.

Thank you and best wishes 

14 minutes ago, NicHer said:

Is it possible that fsuipc button allocations could cause this?

Only if you have a button continuously pressing and releasing, or you've assigned it to repeat and it is always pressed.

15 minutes ago, NicHer said:

As a side topic, 5653 .7 bellcutout for PM, could you kindly advise how I put that into fsuipc or PM instructor station. My firebell sound doesn’t stop when I press the cutout on the glareshield.

Sorry, do you mean setting, clearing or toggling bit 7 in offset 5653?

There are three separate IPC offset controls assignably in FSUIPC: 

Offset Byte SetBits 
Offset Byte Clrbits
Offset Byte Togglebits

Choose the appropriate one to assign. The parameter for bit 7 is 128 (2^7, or 2 multiplied by 2 6 times), and you enter the offset in the Offset field as x5653.

Pete

Thank you Pete

The CP flight MCP uses an ASCII protocol where command is transmitted as a string followed by a binary zero as a terminator, so the command D0001 (see Command List) is built by an ASCII string ( D0001 ) + an end binary character ( 0 ) Some commands related to the configuration and analog/digital I/O have a mix of ASCII and binary data. This exception is used to optimize data transmission where necessary. Command are sent by the MCP only when a data changes; same commands may be used towards the MCP to set display value and key-light status.

The area i am interested in is this:

image.png.aae176108ef54f573920ac580952ba96.png

Project magenta will silence the bell, using offset 5653.7 

This is as far as i get so far.

I do not know how to make the pushing of the button on the CPflight H/W then somehow be acknowledged and a offset sent to PM. 

I presume i need some form of data converter software or a way for these two sw to read/write together.

Thank you 

37 minutes ago, NicHer said:

I do not know how to make the pushing of the button on the CPflight H/W then somehow be acknowledged and a offset sent to PM

If your button is seen by FSUIPC in the Buttons & Keys assignments tab, then just do the appropriate assignment with the details I provided already.

If your CPFlight H/W does not emulate a normal joystick, recognised by Windows as such, then you need to find out what drivers CPFlight provide for their hardware and see what facilities there are there. I'm afraid I can't help with that side of things. You may need CPFlight help.

Pete