Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KLM295

Solving issues with Microsoft settings for X,Y,Z values are inverted how to change it back?

Recommended Posts

Hi Pete,

Problem:
Strange behavior of CH yoke, weird values, not able to calibrate the Yoke properly. Calibrating ailerons gives 2 negative values for left and right (Min/Max) -16380 and -16251
Or is it an FSUIPC? IS FSUIPC able to change Windows 10  settings.

Suspected cause:
Suspect a change in Windows 10, USB Game controller for CH Yoke shows values for X,U,X, axis inverted. I do not know what triggered it as I don't fly that often right now. 

 Question:
How can I set the Windows X,Y,Z values back so that they behave normally?  (Back = 0  forward is max value)

Actions already taken:

  • Reset of Yoke settings
  • Deleted .ini file to start blanc,
  • Disconnected all USB devices
  • Deleted the Yoke in the register (RegEdit)
  • Created new profile
  • Installed older FSUIPC

- I use FSUIPC quit a time, never had issues like this
- Current FSUIPC version:  5.152
- There are no crash issues
- FSUIPC Log and .ini are attached
- Simulator P3D V4.5
- Contols are disabled in P3D

 

Kind regards

Eric

FSUIPC5.log FSUIPC5 Install.log FSUIPC5.1.log FSUIPC5_prev.log FSUIPC5 before Profiles files.ini dll.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KLM295 said:

Strange behavior of CH yoke, weird values, not able to calibrate the Yoke properly. Calibrating ailerons gives 2 negative values for left and right (Min/Max) -16380 and -16251

In that case you are NOT actually calibrating, as calibration produces outputs from -16383 to +16383 no matter what the input values are. i think you are reading the "IN" values.

Check in Axis assignment. What numbers does that show?

Have you bothered to calibrate in Windows first. you should do, because that gets the Registry sorted.

3 hours ago, KLM295 said:

USB Game controller for CH Yoke shows values for X,U,X, axis inverted.

That can be quite normal. Before calibration in FSUIPC just check the "REV" checkbox. That is what it is for. it is short for "REVerse".

But calibrate in game controllers first, because otherwise the range of changes you are getting is woefully short.

In FSUIPC, follow the numbered steps in the User Guide for calibration. Don't skimp on this!

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 12:54 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Have you bothered to calibrate in Windows first. you should do, because that gets the Registry sorted.

Yes I have, also deleted the Yoke and callibrated it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 12:54 AM, Pete Dowson said:

In that case you are NOT actually calibrating, as calibration produces outputs from -16383 to +16383 no matter what the input values are. i think you are reading the "IN" values.

I first assign a function to an axis, for example the throttle. Those values are reading handle back value = in/out -16384 and with the handle forward 16383. I notice the the values are kind of blinking slightly (refresh rate?). Delta value = 256.

 The next step is that I choose 'Joystick calibration', step 1/11 Throttle select 'Reset'  and set the MIn (value in -16384 and out  -163843) and Max (value in 16255 and out 16254). The set values are Min -16384 and Max  16383

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KLM295 said:

I first assign a function to an axis, for example the throttle. Those values are reading handle back value = in/out -16384 and with the handle forward 16383

Sounds like they don't need much in the way of calibration.

1 hour ago, KLM295 said:

The next step is that I choose 'Joystick calibration', step 1/11 Throttle select 'Reset'  and set the MIn (value in -16384 and out  -163843) and Max (value in 16255 and out 16254).

Pressing "RESET" just removes any existing calibration! To then calibrate you must press the SET button above the IN/OUT values on the left.

Please do read the Chapter on Joystick Calibration in the User Guide!

If you click the max button at any point with the IN value above that MIN of  -16384 then the OUT will read 16383 when you've done.

If your axes are inverted when you come to use them you need to press RESET again, then press SET again but check the REV button before proceeding to set MIN, CENTRE if applicable (twice to set a range for a little null zone to allow for slight variations) aand MAX.

The User Guide does explain these things clearly.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.