Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

Does anyone know what the hold up is with KDFW being released for Tower!3D Pro.

What do you mean “hold up”?   Airports take time to develop and if it’s not released then it’s being developed.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

Does anyone know what the hold up is with KDFW being released for Tower!3D Pro.

You also gotta remember that DFW is a massive airport! Even with a smaller airport, they go through multiple beta testing phases until it's signed off for release. I'm sure they are making sure everything is good before they sign off on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I do have to agree lets hope there are no errors like in odmb there are jet ways at Pad G that are not connected to a building and there is not even a way for planes to park there to be connected to planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

well I do have to agree lets hope there are no errors like in odmb there are jet ways at Pad G that are not connected to a building and there is not even a way for planes to park there to be connected to planes.

and this is not likely to be fixed in any future SP for OMDB if posted in a KDFW thread @ATC AlaskaGuy

@FeelThere Ariel-  Ariel, can I make a suggestion that a sticky is created called something along the lines of "Tower3D! - Airport Bugs and Errors" where people can create a Airport thread and then add comments to if when issues/bugs are spotted so that the developers have this in one place IF they decide to then act on these for a future SP.

Maybe with a set/specific reporting format for posting such as describing the type of error, possible fixes required and a picture(s) to highlight the concern? If multiple errors spotted, create one posting per thread.

Just a suggestion

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HappyNUyear said:

They sure did a great job with KRDU, except with the many multiple duplicate flight numbers 

Gabor should be fixing the RT for this when the next version comes out with the next airport shortly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

@FeelThere Ariel-  Ariel, can I make a suggestion that a sticky is created called something along the lines of "Tower3D! - Airport Bugs and Errors" where people can create a Airport thread and then add comments to if when issues/bugs are spotted so that the developers have this in one place IF they decide to then act on these for a future SP.

Thank you @Pedantic G. Your suggestions are much appreciated. In this case however I am not sure if it is possible to create "sub-threads" under a sticky, at least I´m not aware of a way to do it. It would not be possible to orderly separate all bugs by airport making the thread a little hectic. However, we do keep track of bugs reported. This is why we ask for screenshots and logs when possible. FYI, AlaskaGuy already reported this issue to our email support and we´re taking a closer look. 🙂 If there is any other way you think the sticky might work please let us know! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks Ariel for the response. 👍 Shame it can't be done that way but agree. It could get very messy!

Apologies @ATC AlaskaGuy, hadn't realised you had already reported the issue you had found direct to FT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

Thank you @Pedantic G. Your suggestions are much appreciated. In this case however I am not sure if it is possible to create "sub-threads" under a sticky, at least I´m not aware of a way to do it. It would not be possible to orderly separate all bugs by airport making the thread a little hectic. However, we do keep track of bugs reported. This is why we ask for screenshots and logs when possible. FYI, AlaskaGuy already reported this issue to our email support and we´re taking a closer look. 🙂 If there is any other way you think the sticky might work please let us know! 🙂

There's an easy fix to this.
Create a new thread as suggested by @Pedantic G, populate the thread with the currently released airports.
1st post should read:
This thread is for reporting bugs  and each post need to be accompanied by screenshots and logs and should be reproducible.
Please use the appropriate airport topic below to report bugs/issues for the appropriate airport.

Cheers,

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bartccost said:

Other than large quantities of American Airline planes you can't see much in that video - too dark. Doh!

It’s dark———bc it’s a nighttime game play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

It’s dark———bc it’s a nighttime game play.  

And therefore not much of an "early look" - more of a "late look". 😉 

Definitely recommend another one using south flow ((which is more common) during the daytime to actually show off FeelThere's work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bartccost said:

And therefore not much of an "early look" - more of a "late look". 😉 

Definitely recommend another one using south flow ((which is more common) during the daytime to actually show off FeelThere's work.  

Be thankful he is showing u what DFW is going to look like he will probably do another video later 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

Be thankful he is showing u what DFW is going to look like he will probably do another video later 

Nothing against Joe, but I don't really care about the game play because the game engine is the same as it has been for two years. So the only thing new is the airport itself. And, again, a nighttime "early look" doesn't really show me what I really want to see. I'm more interested to see if FeelThere is upping their graphical game in anticipation of the next version. 

But, not to be totally ungrateful, thanks Joe. Looking forward to the next one. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only thing though is I noticed with the schedule that comes with the airport when it is released that there are plane types they put in the schedule that don't work because none of the airlines in tower3D Pro have that plane type, like the 73H the only 737's that in the game are 733, 734, 735, 736, 737, 738, 739, 7M8, 7M9, 73W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

73H has been in the game since day 1 (look at the KLAX real traffic schedule and the third flight is a 73H). You probably want to take a closer look at xxxx_airplanes.txt, you'll see it and quite a few others that you missed. For Real Color purposes, 73H gets converted to B738.

By the way @shyguyseattle, you should meet up with @ATC AlaskaGuy. You guys have a lot in common. 🙂

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.