The simFlight Network Forums

KDFW

ATC AlaskaGuy

On 11/26/2019 at 2:43 AM, shyguyseattle said:

there are plane types they put in the schedule that don't work because none of the airlines in tower3D Pro have that plane type, like the 73H

On 11/26/2019 at 3:22 AM, bartccost said:

73H has been in the game since day 1 (look at the KLAX real traffic schedule and the third flight is a 73H).

On 11/27/2019 at 7:36 AM, shyguyseattle said:

yeah I know but why is that plane type not in the game, I mean a plane type that you can use in the game tower 3D Pro.

12 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

that plane type comes up with every airline as a white plane and no livery.

Am I missing something?

37h_exacdg.jpg.cff5846735b391263922ad02ec3c6fb6.jpg

As far as I know there are over 60 different liveries for the B737-800 with winglets a.k.a. 73H in the game, as long as you own the corresponding RC packs.

Edited by EliGrim
Warning: My livery count could be wrong.

@ATC AlaskaGuy I see no one arguing in this thread. All I see is people trying to help you and @shyguyseattle with your problem. @bartccost said the 73H works and even better @EliGrim showed the 73H works. But, unfortunately for whatever reason, the livery for the 73H doesn’t work for you guys. 

If you’ll post a log file from a session with a 73H we might be able to figure out what is going on with your Real Color. @shyguyseattle you might want to post a log file also. 

15 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

I guess what I am asking is why is the 73H not listed in the master list in the exel spreadsheet with all the airlines and aircraft type in the game.

If you recall, earlier I said "For Real Color purposes, 73H gets converted to B738". In other words, Real Color uses the 4 character code (B738 in this case) from the xxxx_airplanes.txt file and not the 3 character code (73H). As a result, the RC Master List has to use the same code.

20 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

I guess what I am asking is why is the 73H not listed in the master list in the exel spreadsheet with all the airlines and aircraft type in the game.

It's a bit confusing because both the 738 (without winglets) and the 73H (with winglets) are listed as B738_.
Maybe this also confused me and my count of the liveries of more than 60 is for all those B737-800s. Please forgive me if I don't check again now.

39 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

ok that is really weird I just tried that plane type and now it is working

34 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

well here is the output log you wanted not sure if you will see the error or not.

I didn't say there would be an error message, just that the log file may tell us something. But you now say it is working and that is what this log file indicates. I only found three 73H flights in the log and they were all for airline TOM. For Real Color, a 73H for TOM gets translated to B738_by. It appears you have B738_by in texpack15 and texpack044. Texpack15 is EDDS and you've obviously done some file renaming because texpack044 is not an official manifest number - I'm guessing it might be EGKK.

Bottom line, everything is working as it should according to this log file. 

12 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

so the winglets version is different then the shark looking winglets?

From the xxxx_airplanes.txt file, what are the airplane type codes of the "winglets version" and the airplane type codes of the "shark looking winglets" plane? That will answer your question.

12 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

so the winglets version is different then the shark looking winglets?

I don't think so. Honestly, I haven't thought about it at all yet. I assume that there are two B737-800 models in the game. One with and one without winglets. The winglet version looks like a 737-890 to me, but I can be wrong.
I also assume that there are different liveries for both versions, because some winglets are colored.

4 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

I assume that there are two B737-800 models in the game. One with and one without winglets. The winglet version looks like a 737-890 to me, but I can be wrong.
I also assume that there are different liveries for both versions, because some winglets are colored.

You know what they say about assuming! 😉

Based on the xxxx_aiplanes.txt file there are two 737-800s in the game - 73H and 738. However for the model and livery, both get translated to B738. So, from a T!3D perspective they are the same plane.