The simFlight Network Forums

Updated to New Beta - FSUIPC doesn't work anymore

Updated to the new FSX Beta to get real world weather working again. 

I had to delete my AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder in order to get it working.

Now FSUIPC4 doesn't show up at all in game and won't reinstall. It keeps exiting out really quickly so I cannot even get a screenshot or a log of what the install is erroring at.

any ideas?

CrazzMC

Microsoft has a new beta program for FSX:SE users that came out yesterday.  It even fixes several FSX:SE bugs like real world weather.

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791436916733/announcements/detail/2549529393507642734

I can confirm that the beta FSX:SE crashes in free flight with FSUIPC installed.  When FSUIPC4.DLL is removed from the Modules folder then the beta works.  I am wondering if it is a conflict with the telemetry collection method that Microsoft is using with the beta.  So either Microsoft will need to update the bug to make it compatible with FSUIPC or FSUIPC will need to be somehow updated.  For now I have reverted to the non-beta version as I use FSUIPC extensively.  Thank you for your time.

Hi,

14 minutes ago, Torkermax123 said:

Friday 11/16, Steam released an update for FSX Steam. Build 10.0.63003.0. It included a few bug fixes and  also included a Beta test to gather information for the upcoming MSFS. The update did seem to break FSUIPC 4.974 comparability.

that will be because the hooks don't work anymore as their addresses have been shifted.

Thomas

1 hour ago, Torkermax123 said:

Friday 11/16, Steam released an update for FSX Steam. Build 10.0.63003.0. It included a few bug fixes and  also included a Beta test to gather information for the upcoming MSFS. The update did seem to break FSUIPC 4.974 comparability.

How strange!

Unfortunately I no longer have Steam installed, nor have I an easy development environment for FSUIPC4, having frozen that code a while ago and moved onto a 64-bit environment (for P3D4 of course).

Please let me know whether these bug fixes are worth the update. If it looks like enough folks will move to it I will try to find time to go back to 32-bit with Steam and FSX-SE. But it won't be for a week or two.

Pete

Being curious about this FSX-SE update, I installed Steam again, and registered with my account, as used when I was developing for FSX-SE before its demise. But even then I cannot find a way to even install FSX-SE again, let along update to a Beta.

If you can tell me how to get it again then I might be able to see how easy it would be to adapt to it, assuming it is worthwhile.

Pete

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the responses. Yes because of FS2020 they've made some updates to FSX including a request for telemetry data (provided through the beta).

Pete - I've posted a guide below on how to install FSX-SE & Opt-in to the beta if you're still having some weird issues we can skype/anydesk/discord or something of the nature.

This beta is really awesome because we get live weather which would be awesome for simulating real world conditions when practicing with and training our members. We run a discord server called fsATC with over 5,000 members and we 100% rely on FSX-SE Multiplayer (you can see my previous threads about a bot I built that switches your voice discord channel based on the COM1 frequency in game). A lot of us use/created 3rd party plugins that rely on FSUIPC such as FSXFlight, FlightSimGPS, FSPassengers, custom Discord bots (Voice bot that reads a specific METAR and decodes it to provide an ATIS advisory that picks up FSX Interpolated/Real world Weather), etc. and really want to be able to use the new beta. 

If its not too difficult to update FSUIPC there's a lot of us that would really appreciate your efforts.

Guide:

Right Click Steam Icon at the bottom and go to Library.

image.png.f326b9696879eef4675e3a918fa497a5.png

Look for Microsoft Simulator - if its there there will be an option to download.

image.thumb.png.f171d3daeefa63e69d3fd4fd65ee7c9f.png

If its not showing up in your library then go to Store search for Microsoft Simulator X and download:

image.thumb.png.cddab102c9b3be10b26fefac0c309362.png

Once you have it go back to Library and right click - go to properties 

image.thumb.png.78e05e85ae0290e397fe2bdbfc0ce452.png

Then go to Betas select "fsx-beta - External Beta" and it will download about a 1.8gb update. 

image.png.6caeff58e3ce7a385ae04de93d29b9ac.png

Then start the game as normal.

I hope this helped and if you need anything else please let me know!

Thanks,

Raj (CrazzMC)

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Please let me know whether these bug fixes are worth the update. If it looks like enough folks will move to it I will try to find time to go back to 32-bit with Steam and FSX-SE. But it won't be for a week or two.

Pete

Here is the list of fixes.  A couple of them would be very worthwhile for me, at least.  🙂  Thank you for at least looking into this Pete!

CHANGELIST:

Turbine

Resolved issue in N1 values where some settings were set to zero

Fixed issue where fuel flow not saved and set to 0 when started in the air

Agent radar

Resolved in flight issue which resulted in intermittent crashes when using navigation way-points

Conversion

Impression fixes when converting knots to meters per second

Piston

Small fixes to oil pressure table

C172 oil pressure changed to start with a valid value

Live Weather

Reintegrated Live Weather

When a weather station METAR line reading is failing the data will now be extrapolated from the weighted mean of the closest available METAR sources, instead of resetting to default weather

4 hours ago, crazzmc said:

I hope this helped and if you need anything else please let me know!

Okay, thanks -- downloading overnight.

Not sure when  can do it, but i'll take a quck look soon. if it is only a matter of updating sone addresses it should be quick enough.

3 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

Here is the list of fixes.

Well, they don't look very significant, but there you go. Only the weather part seems a bit more signiificant, but then I thought snyone who wanted decent weather used an addon like Active Sky. 9I always have).

Pete

18 hours ago, crazzmc said:

If its not too difficult to update FSUIPC there's a lot of us that would really appreciate your efforts.

I've had a quick look, and it seems many things have moved around -- probably through re-compilation.

I normally try to work out where they've moved to by comparing with the previous version. however, I removed FSX-SE (and Steam) long ago, after development stopped.

So: a question for those participating in this Microsoft Beta version of FSX-SE: are you only needing FSUIPC to support joystick assignments, calibrations, etc? Or are you also needing full support of things like mouse macros, and SimConnect text diversion?

If the former i can just stop it doing all the hacks into FSX innards. This won't remove most of the  capabilities, only these:

* Wind smoothing (only used in conjnction with external weather apps)
* Friction table access
* Mouse macros
* SimConnect text diversion
* AI Traffic deletion (eg for ZAP facility and traffic limiting)
* Reading and changing traffic settings by program

I can provide a version with these limitations very quickly. What do you think?

Otherwise it will be a while.

Pete

55 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I've had a quick look, and it seems many things have moved around -- probably through re-compilation.

I normally try to work out where they've moved to by comparing with the previous version. however, I removed FSX-SE (and Steam) long ago, after development stopped.

So: a question for those participating in this Microsoft Beta version of FSX-SE: are you only needing FSUIPC to support joystick assignments, calibrations, etc? Or are you also needing full support of things like mouse macros, and SimConnect text diversion?

If the former i can just stop it doing all the hacks into FSX innards. This won't remove most of the  capabilities, only these:

* Wind smoothing (only used in conjnction with external weather apps)
* Friction table access
* Mouse macros
* SimConnect text diversion
* AI Traffic deletion (eg for ZAP facility and traffic limiting)
* Reading and changing traffic settings by program

I can provide a version with these limitations very quickly. What do you think?

Otherwise it will be a while.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick update. Some of the components we mainly read from the game are weather, multiplayer traffic tables (E080 & F080), and some aircraft data (location, speeds, alt, etc). It looks like we'll be fine with a quick fix, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by SimConnect text diversion.

I can test as soon as you push an update.

Thanks,

Raj

7 hours ago, crazzmc said:

Some of the components we mainly read from the game are weather, multiplayer traffic tables (E080 & F080), and some aircraft data (location, speeds, alt, etc). It looks like we'll be fine with a quick fix,

Yes, all those things will be fine.

7 hours ago, crazzmc said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by SimConnect text diversion.

Interception of SimConnect text displays and menus and display windows for transmission to another program, eg. WideClient. i use the facility to get these displays on a screen in my cockpit rather than annoyingly on the scenery view outside.

I'll get a Test version of FSUIPC4 built early this week.

Pete

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, all those things will be fine.

Interception of SimConnect text displays and menus and display windows for transmission to another program, eg. WideClient. i use the facility to get these displays on a screen in my cockpit rather than annoyingly on the scenery view outside.

I'll get a Test version of FSUIPC4 built early this week.

Pete

Ahh I see.

Thank you so much Pete! All of us appreciate it!

Thank you Sir Dowson..Her Majesty should Knight You. I have discovered the installer for 4.974b doesn't allow installation. When attempting installation, An error quickly pops up and closes. Of course there is no log file.  I was able to obtain the error. "FSUIPC doesnt recognize the sim version 10.0.63003.0" and closes. Now,  I am able to use the new DLL 4.974c by copying my P3Dv3 FSUIPC files,  including the lic file to the FSX-se Modules folder and manually entering the DLL.xml entries for FSUIPC..