The simFlight Network Forums

Recommend me an airport

CL30

Hey folks!  I'm not sure which to grab next.  Just kinda getting back into this game recently.  I just bought JFK this morning, and I'm disappointed- lots of bugs with taxi instructions.  What would be your pick for my next airport?

I have these airports now:

• KJFK
  • KSAN
  • KLAX
  • KLAS
  • KPHX
  • KMEM
  • KBOS
  • KPHL
  • KATL

Been thinking about MCO.  How's RDU though? I'd like something that stays pretty busy with a good a/c mix.

38 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

Rdu is a fun airport its not busy so of u like a slow airport rdu kmco is a good airport but if u like high volume lax JFK an Bos are really good kmem isn't a good airport has a lot of bugs I would recommend kbos with the different runway configuration

Thanks, yeah, I like LAX and BOS a lot.  Just looking for something different.  Might try MCO, guess I'll think about it and see if more replies follow.  😉 

@CL30  Spead yr wings a bit. EGKK, Gatwick with Sp1 is now a good airport if you like various operators. It is really a single runway A/P with interesting taxiing requirements. I have gone back to this one lately after the SP1 release  including RC SP1. There are several RT packages available to choose from or you can make your own if you don't like the original RT package.

Like most A/P's, there are a predominancy of one operator, in EGKK it is  Easy Jet & Brtitsh Airways.

Only a suggestion to look at if you want something different to a US airport.

8 hours ago, 707FAN said:

@CL30  Spead yr wings a bit. EGKK, Gatwick with Sp1 is now a good airport if you like various operators. It is really a single runway A/P with interesting taxiing requirements. I have gone back to this one lately after the SP1 release  including RC SP1. There are several RT packages available to choose from or you can make your own if you don't like the original RT package.

Like most A/P's, there are a predominancy of one operator, in EGKK it is  Easy Jet & Brtitsh Airways.

Only a suggestion to look at if you want something different to a US airport.

That's a great suggestion, and now I realize that I didn't say I was open to airports outside the US.  I should've said I was open to that, so thanks for the recommendation!

LEBL is fun, but the layout is a bit awkward.  OMDB and EGKK are probably the best looking airports right now.  OMDB's layout makes it fairly easy to get a good zen flow with tons of big planes moving in alternately opposite directions on all the parallel taxi ways.  At peaks it looks almost like some sort of gigantic mechanical clockwork to me.  Very satisfying/entertaining to see and control.  One that is easy to overlook is KLGA.  It has a couple of bugs, but for me is very fun and challenging to control. It really makes you think carefully about planning out taxi routes.

Andrew